• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Safe Cutter Vs All-Purpose Spreader

In summary, the my safe cutter is a good knife for kids that is not dull and can cut many different foods.
lt1jane
Gold Member
I own both, and keep the MSC to show it to people, but HATE it and don't recommend it. My 4½ year old son uses the APS all the time. It's got a nice wide blade for spreading and a small serrated blade for cutting.

I don't know what you can cut with the MSC, but the APs is used all the time by my little guy. Personally, I recommend the APS as a child's first "knife."

Any other opnions?

Have you put the my safe cutter in your son's hands? It does cut most things that a child can eat.It also works great to use to carve pumpkins by the way.

Too funny. I don't have kids & don't own the MSC BUT I thought that its only use was for pumpkins. LOL Guess I should read up more on the kids products. I had one like that as a child for pumpkins so I didn't think about other foods. Duh on my part :)

I haven't because while it is serrated, it is DULL. I don't see how it can do anything other than mangle bread.

Melissa78 said:
Too funny. I don't have kids & don't own the MSC BUT I thought that its only use was for pumpkins. LOL Guess I should read up more on the kids products. I had one like that as a child for pumpkins so I didn't think about other foods. Duh on my part :)

Not really - an old PC cookbook I have calls it a Kid's Pumpkin Cutter.

lt1jane said:
I haven't because while it is serrated, it is DULL. I don't see how it can do anything other than mangle bread.

Have you TRIED it? It isn't dull. It won't cut skin but it does work - it does not mangle bread. It will cut hot dogs, meatloaf, bread, chicken tenders, fish, just about anything but firmer meats. Just llike the iSlice doesn't cut skin but it works great to cut coupons, open DVD's and CD's.

My kids are much older now (ages 20, 17 & 16) but I had the MFC when they were younger and they loved it. It looks more like a knife which was great when their dad and I had a knife and they wanted to have one, too. I agree that it will cut many different foods and they get to feel like "big boy"/"big girl" by using it.

Mary uses it. She helps me cut cucumber, tomatoes, little things like that. She loves to help and I don't have to worry too much, just keep an eye on her.

At what age do you let your kids use the my safe cutter?

BethCooks4U said:
Have you TRIED it? It isn't dull. It won't cut skin but it does work - it does not mangle bread. It will cut hot dogs, meatloaf, bread, chicken tenders, fish, just about anything but firmer meats. Just llike the iSlice doesn't cut skin but it works great to cut coupons, open DVD's and CD's.

My grandson (4) loves these knives, makes him feel grown up. However, he did cut his finger one day somehow when he decided to try and cut carrots.

What is the difference between the My Safe Cutter and the All-Purpose Spreader?

The My Safe Cutter and All-Purpose Spreader are both kitchen tools designed for cutting and spreading food items. However, the My Safe Cutter has a protective cover that allows for safe and easy cutting of food items, while the All-Purpose Spreader does not have a cover and is better suited for spreading and serving food.

Can the My Safe Cutter be used for cutting all types of food?

Yes, the My Safe Cutter is designed to safely cut various types of food such as fruits, vegetables, meats, and even bread. However, it is not recommended for cutting hard or frozen foods.

Is the All-Purpose Spreader dishwasher safe?

Yes, the All-Purpose Spreader is dishwasher safe and can be easily cleaned along with other kitchen utensils.

Does the My Safe Cutter come with replacement covers?

No, the My Safe Cutter does not come with replacement covers. However, the cover is designed to be durable and long-lasting.

Can the All-Purpose Spreader be used as a knife?

No, the All-Purpose Spreader is not designed to be used as a knife. It is specifically designed for spreading and serving food items, not cutting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • magentablue
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
doughmama
Replies