• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Newest Recruit in Need of Prayers

In summary, last night Cynthia was notified that her younger brother, who is in the military and for whom she is the Power of Attorney, did not show up (AWOL). She has checked his bank account and there has been no activity since 5/20, with only a withdrawal of $50. This is very unlike him and Cynthia is understandably upset, trying to contact everyone who knows him. She also has a lot going on with her Grand Opening this Saturday and several upcoming parties that she wants to do well in order to earn more PC dollars. She is still planning on having the Grand Opening, although it will be challenging for her. She has asked for prayers for her brother's safe return and may fly out to search for him
Kitchen2u
Last night she was notified (not sure what branch of the military) her younger brother did not show (AWOL). She's the Power of Attorney and she's looked at his bank account, no activity since 5/20, only took out $50. He's never done this before, not like him. Of course, Cynthia is upset, calling, emailing, etc everyone who knew him ~ understandably, very upset.

She's got her Grand Opening this Saturday (45 people coming) and several June parties booked ~ she wants to qualify in her first 30...and maximize her PC dollars earnings. She said she's still going to have her Grand Opening...man, I don't know how she can do it, but she is.

Can you say some prayers for Cynthia and her brother (didn't ask what his name was) ~ he returns safely. Cynthia may be flying out next week to search for him.

So scary. Praying for a positive outcome.

Oh Ginny, how scary!! I'll be praying for him to be found safely.

Kitchen2u said:
Last night she was notified (not sure what branch of the military) her younger brother did not show (AWOL). She's the Power of Attorney and she's looked at his bank account, no activity since 5/20, only took out $50. He's never done this before, not like him. Of course, Cynthia is upset, calling, emailing, etc everyone who knew him ~ understandably, very upset.

She's got her Grand Opening this Saturday (45 people coming) and several June parties booked ~ she wants to qualify in her first 30...and maximize her PC dollars earnings. She said she's still going to have her Grand Opening...man, I don't know how she can do it, but she is.

Can you say some prayers for Cynthia and her brother (didn't ask what his name was) ~ he returns safely. Cynthia may be flying out next week to search for him.
I will be praying for his safe return and for Cynthia as well.

Kitchen2u said:

Ginny, where was the brother????

It's okay if we don't know her brother's name. The Lord does. I'll be keeping them both in prayer.

How scary - they'll both be in my thoughts and prayers

chefmeg said:

Sorry, I forgot where she said, but it's in the States...I want to say on the East Coast? I'll be talking to her over the weekend (don't want to bombard her with phone calls right now since she's busy on the phone and email) ~ I'l ask then. I'm going to let her know all of you are praying for his safe return too.

She's holding up, but I'm not sure if it's because we don't know each other very well yet (HO lead). But she is the sweetest and ambitious gal.

She mentioned something sad ~ she is the ONLY one looking for him. Apparently, her siblings/Mom have disowned him. Something happened (something about taking $ from the Mom) when he was 16 years old. Cynthia is the only one that has taken care of him, kept in touch, etc...that's why she's the Power of Attorney and not the Mom/others. When she mentioned this part to me, I could tell she was REALLY sad.

Thanks everyone!

chefmeg said:

Sorry, I forgot where she said, but it's in the States...I want to say on the East Coast? I'll be talking to her over the weekend (don't want to bombard her with phone calls right now since she's busy on the phone and email) ~ I'l ask then. I'm going to let her know all of you are praying for his safe return too.

She's holding up, but I'm not sure if it's because we don't know each other very well yet (HO lead). You'd love her, she is the sweetest and ambitious gal.

She mentioned something sad ~ she is the ONLY one looking for him. Apparently, her siblings/Mom have disowned him. Something happened (something about taking $ from the Mom) when he was 16 years old. Cynthia is the only one that has taken care of him, kept in touch, etc...that's why she's the Power of Attorney and not the Mom/others. When she mentioned this part to me, I could tell she was REALLY sad.:(

When she was telling me about him being missing...kind of hit home since it's been a year since Paige went missing...

Thanks everyone ~ you guys are the BEST!

My sister has done a lot worse to me and I hven't disowned her- for crying out loud, that mother should be concerned! He's still he son! Well I'll be worried for his mom since she isn't concerned about him. Please keep us informed as to what happens, okay?

Yesterday there was a news article about a missing serviceman here in NC being found. I pray that wasn't the one that she is looking for and that her brother is found soon.

I'll be praying for her & that her brother is found safe & sound.

Kitchen Diva said:
My sister has done a lot worse to me and I hven't disowned her- for crying out loud, that mother should be concerned! He's still he son! Well I'll be worried for his mom since she isn't concerned about him. Please keep us informed as to what happens, okay?

Being a Mom myself, I can EVER imagine disowning my kids. Something you created, a precious gift of life ~ my sentiments exactly Kacey!

BethCooks4U said:
Yesterday there was a news article about a missing serviceman here in NC being found. I pray that wasn't the one that she is looking for and that her brother is found soon.

Thanks Beth, I'll have to call her today! Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

I will DEFINITELY keep you folks updated!

Okay his name is Robert and he's stationed in Virginia. Still no sign.

Ginny, I will pray for him. I hope it isn't a case of foul play. Is the military looking for him? This is so very sad.

I'm not a mom and I can't even imagine disowning a child. It just isn't in my make-up, ya know...

Kitchen2u said:
Okay his name is Robert and he's stationed in Virginia. Still no sign.

:eek: I am in Va and haven't heard anything about a missing serviceman! I will keep my ears open and keep praying he is found soon.

I didn't even think to ask if the military is looking for him. I hate to bother her with my questions. I will be calling her on Sunday (her Gand Opening is Sat) ~ I'll try to remember to ask then.

I know what you mean Kacey ~

Thanks Meg!

Wow! My family and I love the military and this story is saddening and frightening at the same time. I hope he is truly ok - do you know how old he is?

1. What is "My Newest Recruit in Need of Prayers"?

"My Newest Recruit in Need of Prayers" is a support group for individuals who have recently joined the military or have a loved one who has joined. We offer prayers, encouragement, and resources to help cope with the challenges of military life.

2. Who can join "My Newest Recruit in Need of Prayers"?

Anyone with a connection to the military or a desire to support and pray for those in the military can join our group. This includes new recruits, family members, friends, and veterans.

3. How can I submit a prayer request for "My Newest Recruit in Need of Prayers"?

You can submit a prayer request by joining our group and posting your request in our discussion forum. You can also send a private message to one of our moderators.

4. Are there any fees or requirements to join "My Newest Recruit in Need of Prayers"?

No, there are no fees or requirements to join our group. We welcome anyone who wants to be a part of our community and support our military.

5. Can I share my personal experiences in "My Newest Recruit in Need of Prayers"?

Yes, we encourage members to share their personal experiences and offer support and advice to others in the group. However, we ask that all posts and comments remain respectful and appropriate for our community.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcchefjane
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • buckeyefan08
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
CyndiWilliams
  • mrssyvo