• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My First Show - Success and Excitement Ahead!

In summary, my first show went well and I think I made some new connections. I'm still busy with work and school, but I'm looking forward to my next show.
AnnieBee
Gold Member
Well, I had my first show last Thursday, and then sort of dropped off the planet. My life has been super busy for the last week and a half, it is actually not great timing for me to be starting up, but oh well, here I am! So, finally, here is my up-date...

The show went pretty well, I think. Once I got into the swing of things I had fun, and I think the guests did too. The guest sales weren't super-high, about $230, but given that the 7 guests included 3 older retired ladies with lower incomes, and 2 friends who are going to host for me, the $230 wasn't too bad! My friend the host ordered tons, so it added up to in $393 commisionable sales!!! (I felt a bit bad, she didn't get any 50% off, and she ordered the roasting pan. However, they don't exactly have money problems - she has a huge wish list, and saved a bunch of stuff to buy at my second show!!).

So overall a success, I think!

Also, on Saturday I had a garage sale, and gave out my card. One lady ordered a mix'n'chop right there, and is very interested in hosting, but is moving in late June/early July, so I'll check back with her later. Another lady is also very interested in hosting, but is also moving, but told me to call her back on the 16th. A third lady lives around the corner, and wants to order some things, I am hoping to put them on my show this week. I think she will probably host too. So not too shabby, eh!! (sorry, a bit of canadian influence from having lived near the border :))

And then... on Sat we had a graduation party at 2pm then a street party at 5pm. I was so exhausted from a week of late nights (driving home from MI, observing director's show, my show, getting ready for garage sale) and it was extrememly hot and humid all day. BUT, we had a blast and met a bunch of people from down the street that we didn't know. And one of them wants to have a show. She and her DH (who was also enthusiastic!) last had a party 2 years ago where FIFTEEN COUPLES CAME!!! Can you tell that I'm just a little bit excited about this!! :D:D:D

Oh, and my web-site is up too :) Woo-hoo!!

Anyway, I've got to go now, sorry this turned out so long, I just had to share!

The rest of my week is still busy, but I'll checking in even if I don't post.

Actually, one more thing! My DD had testing for early entrance to Kindergarten today. She is 4 1/2 and has to score 130 on her IQ test. Today she had an average of 118 on the first tests, which is good enough that they will test her some more on Friday. It seems that the biggest problem was being a bit slow on a visual section, where she got it all right but was not fast enough. I think she got a bit side-tracked with circling her answers - linking the circles and doing lines next to them... I hope she does better on Friday because she will be so bored if she doesn't start this year. She advanced a year in pre-school, and can read, writes very well, and is good at math too. I hope I'm not too biased as her mother... It is frustrating, after seeing kids in her class who will get to start, just because they are 5, that are not as ready academically or socially, when she is SO ready but won't be five until November... Alright, vent over!! Anyway, please pray for her next tests, that she will perform to the best of her ability. Thanks!!

Hi anniebee,

I've been looking forward to hearing about your first show! I'm new and was interested in your posts since I am basically doing the same thing. (Learning from all the pros here and then signing on the end of July )(after a grueling full-time summer school.)

Anyway, way to go! It sounds like you're on your way!

I hope your daughter makes it in this year to school. My dear friend's daughter had the same situation-her little girl was so-o ready! Only they moved to Nebraska and no amount of testing would allow her to bypass the age restriction.

ta-ta for now. I need some shuteye since my daughter's middle school had a World Expo day today and I've been sewing her costume for days without much sleep.

Sounds successful! Good luck on the next one.

Hope your daughter get in K for next year too :)

Sounds like you're off to a great start!

How do you get your child in Kind. early? They are pretty strict here that the kids have to be 5 by Aug 31. My dd will be 5 on Sept 1 & they've told me there's no way she can. I'm not bummed anymore though since she's our youngest.....I'll keep her home the extra year;)

start her elsewhere for a week-then transfer her in---THEY HAVE TO TAKE HER THEN---CONGRATS Annabel!!!

Lacy, I think it depends on the state and school district. Here, the child has to be 5 by Sept 30th to automatically go to K. If they are 5 by Dec 31st you can request the testing, but they have to score 130 (+ or - 3 pts) on the IQ test (which is technically a "gifted" score, whatever that means!). If they turn 5 after the 31st Dec, you need a letter from a pre-school recommending they be tested.

It seems to me that there has to be SOME way to get a child considered for early entance? Call your board of education, or the actual school your DD will be going to. If Abbie is not accepted, I will consider private K for a year, if we can afford it... Hopefully if she completes that, they would take her into 1st grade after that.

I understand the IQ testing a bit, but it doesn't seem fair that they don't take into account the academic level the child is at. Meaning, what they have learned, even if they are not "gifted". (IQ does not test "knowledge" just "intelligence". So what if Abbie scores "only" 120, but she can already read, count to 999 (in theory! she usually stops at about 150!), knows her colours, shapes, writes and colours very well (upper and lower case, her whole name - there were kids in her pre-school class who could not write their first name all upper case, who will all be 5 by Sept 30th). And socially she is very outgoing, and with a younger brother, pretty good at the whole sharing/taking turns thing. Aarrgghhh!

Sorry this turned out so long again... I'm just a bit anxious about this!

1. What is "My First Show - Finally!"?

"My First Show - Finally!" is a special program offered by Pampered Chef for new consultants who have not yet hosted a show. It is designed to help you get started on the right foot and have a successful first show.

2. How does "My First Show - Finally!" work?

Once you sign up to become a Pampered Chef consultant, you will receive an email inviting you to participate in the "My First Show - Finally!" program. This email will provide you with all the necessary information and resources to plan and host your first show.

3. Is there a cost to participate in "My First Show - Finally!"?

No, there is no additional cost to participate in "My First Show - Finally!" This program is included in your starter kit when you sign up to become a Pampered Chef consultant.

4. What kind of support is available for "My First Show - Finally!"?

Pampered Chef provides a variety of resources and support for "My First Show - Finally!" including step-by-step instructions, tips and tricks, and a dedicated consultant support team to answer any questions you may have along the way.

5. Can I earn rewards through "My First Show - Finally!"?

Yes, the "My First Show - Finally!" program offers incentives and rewards for hosting a successful first show. These rewards can include free products, discounts, and other special perks to help you kickstart your Pampered Chef business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • amuia
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
  • Diamond