• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My First Show: Puzzled by the Outcome

In summary, my sister hosted a catalog show and made money. She did not use any of her host benefits, such as the 60% off items. She only used the free items.
Geekgirl69
Gold Member
I know with the combined experiences here, this is probably not new but... I hosted my first show, my recruiter was there to offer support. Her son's gf's mom also came and booked a catalog show from mine. She expressed a lot of interest in the DCB. I did have some trouble connecting with her but managed to get her extra order forms and catalogs when she needed it, spoke with her a few times about closing; she told me it would have to be after Friday because of payday and needing to track some payments. So far so good, I met up with her tonight to close the show.

It had 337 in guest sales, not terrible. I told her that she earned 25 FPV, 1 1/2 off and the 20%. She said oh ok, here's my order... and hands me an order form for 24 dollars. I asked her did she want either of the 60% off items, she said no. She then asked me could she use the 1/2 price on an item and then use FPV on it, which I told her she could not. She said, "oh ok, then just what I gave you".

I am not complaining about the show but I am puzzled by it. (Definitely not complaining because not only did I make some money, it's my 4th show in my first 90 so I get 50 PC for it.)

Is this a fairly frequent occurrence?
:confused:

Yes. I have hosts that don't use their host special, that don't use their half price items. And that's fine. Most like to capitalize on their benefits and gets tons of stuff, but some don't. A show is a show is a show...

Oh absolutely, it just feels that since it was a catalog show, she did all the work for me but didn't reap the majority of benefits that were available to her.

Some people just don't have any money so it is perfect for them to just be able to take the free stuff.

Yes I thought that as well; but she had seemed so bent on getting the DCB... maybe the reality of the budget got to her. As I said, I feel bad, she did all the work and I got all the money.

If my host doesn't want the 1/2 price item I tell them they can even order the Citrus Peeler at half off if they want. They usually end up buying something small because it just makes sense to them. If the host doesn't care about the bonus (60% off) then I tell them to ask someone they know if they want to purchase it. So far I've never had anyone not buy the host bonus.

Sometimes money is the issue. She may have really wanted it but just couldn't afford it at that time. I have had numerous hosts do that. However, I will start asking them if someone they know would like to take advantage of the special.

or maybe she just truly wanted to help you by hosting a catalog show?
Melinda

Why don't you ask whoever she was related to (someone's sons gf...) if they want to buy the DCB for her with her 1/2 price benefit? That would be a great gift idea and a nice surprise.

No problems having the hosts offer her benefits to others if she isn't going to use them... just be sure they understand that they won't get a receipt and will run into troubles with their guarantees.

My sister has hosted a catalog show twice a year since I started and she has not once used anything above her free product value. In Sept. she did get the stainless cookware sets - one 60% off and the other 50% off. That was the first time she actually put money out of her own pocket to get anything!

I like Beth's idea. Offer the special to someone who knows her as a gift. Or at least I would make sure she knew you really appreciated her and give her something as a thank you gift. It will make you stand out in her mind as "Wow, my consultant really was happy I had a catalog show with her."

Related to My First Show: Puzzled by the Outcome

What is "My First Show" and how does it work?

"My First Show" is a program designed for first-time hosts to help them successfully host a Pampered Chef party. As a host, you will invite your friends and family to your home or virtual party, and our consultant will guide you through the process of showcasing our products and earning rewards.

What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party through "My First Show"?

As a first-time host, you will have the opportunity to earn free and discounted products, as well as exclusive host rewards. You will also learn about our products and how to use them in your everyday life, while having a fun and interactive experience with your guests.

How do I book a "My First Show" party?

You can book a party by contacting your local Pampered Chef consultant or by filling out a party request form on our website. Our consultants will work with you to find a date and time that works best for you and your guests.

What can I expect during a "My First Show" party?

During the party, our consultant will demonstrate some of our top-selling products and share tips and recipes on how to use them. You and your guests will also have the opportunity to try out the products and ask any questions you may have. It's a great way to learn about our products and have a fun time with friends!

Do I need to have any cooking or hosting experience to host a "My First Show" party?

No, you do not need any previous experience to host a "My First Show" party. Our consultant will guide you through the process and provide all the necessary tools and resources to make your party a success. It's a great opportunity for first-time hosts to learn and have fun!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rchamelin
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • TheNewMrsRue
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
TheNewMrsRue
  • SherryLynn