• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Emotions Are Really Wacky These Days

In summary, Linda is having emotional issues that she thinks might be related to her thyroid levels being off.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I know I'm not PMSing right now, and I'm not pregnant either...but my emotions seem to be going nuts these days (could it be menopause? :eek:). Guess you could probably tell by some of the threads I've started :eek:. I just read a story in the Atlanta online paper about a 7 y/o child who was hit and killed in the school cross-walk and I'm about in tears over it. (http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/dekalb/stories/2009/02/02/child_hit_school.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab) My son will be 7 in a couple of weeks and I cannot imagine what this family is going through.

What's happening in the world we live in? Everything seems to be going to Hell in a handbasket these days.

You know, my boyfriend and I were talking last night about the state of the world lately as well. We were in the car, I was driving and he asked me to pull over in front of a store so he could run in. As soon as he got out of the car he was approached by a man that said "I'm not asking for money but I need to feed my kids. Will you buy them dinner at the take out place next door." Rob said he was sorry but he had to go, got back in the car and we left. The thing is we have no problem helping someone but there are a couple factors here. 1) we were in a really bad neighborhood. What if Rob pulled out his wallet and the man pulled a gun and took his whole wallet? Or the guy might have forced his way into the car. 2) Does the man need strangers to pay for his kids food because he spent it all on something he shouldn't have? And then 3) if he did, it's not the kids fault. Our discussion went on from there but your post just brought me back to the situation Linda. It really made us feel sad and helpless. We really do want to help children but we need to keep ourselves safe while we're doing so.

Have you had your Thyroid levels checked? (There is more than 1 to check). If that is off, it can put you on an emotional roller coaster!
As far as the world goes, I don't think it's any worse, I just think we have more access to ALL of it. Before the electronic age, we didn't know every bad thing that happened!

Linda,
I'm that way sometimes too. I think we can just be hormonal as women and it can kind of ebb and flow. And try not to dwell on the bad things of this world. They hae been occuring as long as the world has been around. However, we now have the internet and 24 hour news channels to keep all of the bad news in front of our faces. As bad news generally draws more views than good. So they tend to sensationalize things. It is definitely a rough world but there is still lots good about it.
God bless,
Amanda
P.S. Thanks for checking out my blog! :)

pjpamchef said:
Have you had your Thyroid levels checked? (There is more than 1 to check). If that is off, it can put you on an emotional roller coaster!
As far as the world goes, I don't think it's any worse, I just think we have more access to ALL of it. Before the electronic age, we didn't know every bad thing that happened!

Actually, I've had thyriod issues for about 15 years and my thyriod is out of whack right now too. I figured that it was part of the problem. I have noticed that I'm more edgy and things that don't normally bug me are like a thorn in my side. I'm also having slight dizzy spells so my Dr. gave me a prescription for Inderall that I need to get filled today.

I hope things get better soon for you Linda.. It stinks to be feeling off. Just know this world is upside down. Things we used to rely on.. just recently are no longer reliable. Great people are losing their jobs from long running stable companies.. But the good news "it to shall pass". I have been reading the blogs about thyroid problems and now wonder about my thyroid.. sorry things are feeling bad.. you are working towards getting better and that is good.

I hope you feel better soon Linda!

pamperedlinda said:
I know I'm not PMSing right now, and I'm not pregnant either...but my emotions seem to be going nuts these days (could it be menopause? :eek:). Guess you could probably tell by some of the threads I've started :eek:. I just read a story in the Atlanta online paper about a 7 y/o child who was hit and killed in the school cross-walk and I'm about in tears over it. (http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/dekalb/stories/2009/02/02/child_hit_school.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab) My son will be 7 in a couple of weeks and I cannot imagine what this family is going through.

What's happening in the world we live in? Everything seems to be going to Hell in a handbasket these days.

Maybe it's the hand of judgement coming down on us? I hear ya about the emotions...yesterday I was crying off and on all day- for NO reason. Not pms'y, not menopause, not nothing- just really weepy.

If it's any consolation, I have been the same way the past two weeks :(

pjpamchef said:

That's EXACTLY what I was going to ask!!! I had my thyroid removed in April 05 (they found cancer and had to be removed so easily contained) and I still haven't had my thyroid RIGHT! I went to get my annual ultrasound (looking for cancerous tissue) and thank god they didn't find any but my thyroid function is at 32 when normal range is a .3 to 3. I asked my dr if he could prescribe something to help me lose weight (I've gained 20 lbs in the last 6 months) and he said that he can't and I won't lose weight until my thyroid is back within normal range. Ugh!!

Good Luck LInda, I'm very emotional as well and cry if someone on TV is crying!!!

I feel for you Kristi! My thyroid jumps all over the radar. It's been normal for the past 2 years, but for a while there it would go from hypo to hyper every 4 months (and in turn I kept gaining and loosing the same 10-12 pounds) and @ 30% of my hair fell out. I did the radiation treatment and it didn't even touch my thyroid. I've been really tired lately too, which is another indicator. I'm supposed to see my doctor next week so we'll see what he says about it.

pamperedlinda said:
I feel for you Kristi! My thyroid jumps all over the radar. It's been normal for the past 2 years, but for a while there it would go from hypo to hyper every 4 months (and in turn I kept gaining and loosing the same 10-12 pounds) and @ 30% of my hair fell out. I did the radiation treatment and it didn't even touch my thyroid. I've been really tired lately too, which is another indicator. I'm supposed to see my doctor next week so we'll see what he says about it.

Linda, I feel for you too. I would call him TODAY and let him know how you're feeling. He may have you get your blood work done today or tomorrow if you can.

I just had an episode at work. I take complaints most of the day over the phone and I had two different calls with people who can't take "no" for an answer. They keep pushing and pushing and it was all I could do to not hang up on them and lose my job!

Why can't people realize that I am just a regular person like they are, even though I work for the county government?

BTW I am PMSing too!

Thanks Kristi. I have the lab slip and am going tomorrow morning to get it checked (I hate needles!). He'll call me ahead of my appt if it's really bad. I can tell by the way I feel that it's not as bad as it has been in the past, my hands aren't trembling and my eyes are not wacked out either (one of them is shaped slightly different than the other from when it got really wacky :( ) - just the emotional roller coaster is driving me bananas.

I started the 'change' fairly early (late 30's) and am now pretty much done (woo-hoo!). The mood swings were like a roller coaster sometimes. I took estroven (sp?); it's an over the counter product. I swear by it...it also helped temper the walking furnace I became when the heat flashes kicked in.

No furnace for me - I'm cold natured.

I have my SED's conf call this morning so I'm going this afternoon for blood work.

My job is very stressful here lately and yesterday my boss talked about making my full time duties the one thing I hate to do. I literally BURST into tears and was a big blubbery baby about it all. I asked her if she wanted her employees to hate everything about their jobs and she said no, but you are good at this...and like a little kid, I retorted by saying "Well maybe I will start being bad at it". WTH?! I cried for almost an hour on and off. I even had moments sitting at my desk doing the hyperventalating noises while crying. I haven't cried like this in years!!

I know I am not menopausal (28) and I am fairly confident I am not PMSing right now, so I know that only leaves just the stress. But still...I HATE being all emotional like this.

My BF has been asking me for about a month now to start looking for something else and yesterday I did start looking...but all the good jobs are taken and I can't quit mine at the pay I make to work for less pay. I have to pay the mortgage. But man...do I want to quit.

That stinks Chris. I once had that same situation, it isn't fun. I had to tell my boss that just because I was good at it didn't mean that I enjoyed it. Long story short, I had to do it for a while - they even set-up an entire dept to do that job and wanted me to be the manager - I had to decline, even though it meant more money and a title. I just couldn't do something all day every day that I detested.

As a mother of 3 young children, a stay at home mother, I understand the emotional roller coaster. One thing that I have heard today is that you have be content in your life. Realize that God picked you to be where you are for a reason and celebrate it! Find quiet time and mentally think of all the good things that are around you. How blessed you really are. Also, ask for the stress to be taken off your shoulders. This continually has worked though out my life. Remember, there is only so much we can take and God is there for you! :angel:

Related to My Emotions Are Really Wacky These Days

1. What are some common signs of wacky emotions?

Some common signs of wacky emotions may include feeling easily overwhelmed, having frequent mood swings, experiencing sudden bouts of anger or sadness, and struggling to control your emotions.

2. How can I better manage my wacky emotions?

One way to manage wacky emotions is by practicing self-care and finding healthy ways to cope, such as exercising, talking to a therapist, or practicing relaxation techniques like deep breathing or meditation.

3. Can certain foods or supplements help with wacky emotions?

While there is no specific food or supplement that can cure wacky emotions, incorporating a balanced and nutritious diet can help support overall mental and emotional well-being.

4. Is it normal to experience wacky emotions during certain life stages?

Yes, it is normal to experience wacky emotions during certain life stages, such as puberty, pregnancy, menopause, and aging. However, if you feel that your emotions are significantly impacting your daily life, it may be helpful to seek professional support.

5. How can I talk to my loved ones about my wacky emotions?

It can be challenging to talk about wacky emotions, but it is important to communicate openly and honestly with your loved ones. Try to express your feelings without blaming or accusing others, and be open to their support and understanding.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Chef Michelle D
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefshawna
  • ChefJWarren
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies