• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Packing and Recruiting and Fundrasiers Oh My!!

I also would not feel guilty about leaving two consultants in an area that you are not. The home office does a great job at supporting people and there is always the phone or internet to communicate through.
hunkiemunkie
I need some help, insight, adivice here.

I am a new consultant, still with in my 90 days but I am nearing the end of my 90 days (11/7/10) and have a lot going on. We're moving, most likely from Texas to Georgia, but my husband won't get his orders until two weeks before he graduates, so there is no guarantee. We'll more than likely be moving the week of Thanksgiving, so needless to say it's starting to get pretty busy around here.

Well at my Grand Opening I had two people who were very interested in becoming consultants. They are both planning on signing up in the middle of this month. The main reasons they are signing up is to get the roasting pan, and because they know I need help with two fundraisers I'm having at the end of October. I don't know how motivated they will be afterward.

My dilema is, is that I am starting to feel overwhelmed. I got to make my home life my priority, but I really want these two fundraisers to go over well. One is for a local H.S. Home EC class (10/29/10-11/10/10), and the next is my HWC fundraiser(10/29/10) that I have been planning since I signed up. To be honest the H.S. fundraiser is so much the issue as the HWC. I have a big game night planned with games to win PC product and raffles. But I am begining to doubt myself. I got a "meeting room" at a hotel to hold it in, and I been passing out flyers everywhere. But I'm only getting a lukewarm reception, and a lot of places won't take my flyer because they say it "competes" with the Susan G Komen race (this weekend). So I feel like throwing in the towel, but on the other hand what if people actually show up. I've only passed out about 150 flyers, but no on has RSVPed that they are comming, but we know people show up all the time RSVP or not. I'm on the fence about this.

Any advice? I'm thinking about taking out an ad in a local paper, but I'm unclear on the ad policies and don't want to get in trouble. Plus, I am feeling guilty about recruiting two new people and then leaving a few weeks after they get started. There are no directors in my local area. My director has been looking for "hospitality" for me, but hasn't been able to find anything.

Any suggestions.

Sounds overwhelming. Take a deep breath. I'd be hesitant to spend more money. Word of mouth can work well for these things. Make sure you are enlisting your friends to spread the word. As for making your home life a priority, sit down and plan out a schedule. Block out family time and personal time. Fit work stuff into the schedule around those things. And, remember that you can do it all just not all at the same time.

Take a deep breath! I know where you are at and you can do it. I would not cancel the fundraisers. I don't think I would put money into putting it in the paper or anything just use word of mouth and if you can facebook being military community people can post it on their facebook pages and then people can support the cause the do not live in the area. I also would not feel guilty about leaving two consultants in an area that you are not. The home office does a great job at supporting people and there is always the phone or internet to communicate through. I say this from experience as I am just past my 90 day mark and we just moved last week from CT to IL(we are also military). I have two consultants that I left behind in CT. Also through the packing phase and spending time with my family (which includes a 2 and 3 year old) I just won the shopping spree for 53 to Chicago. It can be done just try not to get overwhelmed and focus on small tasks and not the big picture. I hope this helps some and can't wait to hear how the two fundraisers go. I don't think I would put money into putting it in the paper or anything just use word of mouth and if you can facebook being military community people can post it on their facebook pages and then people can support the cause the do not live in the area.

What are some tips for packing efficiently for a trip?

One tip is to roll your clothes instead of folding them to save space. Another is to use packing cubes or compression bags to organize and condense your items. Don't forget to also pack versatile clothing pieces that can be worn multiple times.

How do I recruit volunteers for my organization?

One way to recruit volunteers is to create a strong online presence through social media and a website. You can also reach out to local schools, churches, and community organizations to spread the word. Offer incentives and clearly communicate the impact and benefits of volunteering with your organization.

What are some creative fundraising ideas?

Host a themed event or party, organize a charity auction or raffle, or create an online crowdfunding campaign. You can also partner with local businesses for a percentage of their sales to go towards your cause. Get creative and involve your community for successful fundraising.

How can I make my packing list more environmentally friendly?

Use reusable containers and bags instead of disposable ones, pack a reusable water bottle, and opt for environmentally friendly toiletries. You can also research eco-friendly accommodations and transportation options for your trip.

What should I look for in potential recruits for my organization?

Look for individuals who are passionate about your cause and have the skills and availability to contribute. It's also important to have a diverse and inclusive team. Consider conducting interviews or having a trial period to ensure a good fit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hunkiemunkie
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
raebates
  • pamperedpals
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • mrslulu2012