• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My First Recruit!!!..........Now What?

In summary, the author got a new recruit and is surprised it even happened because he wasn't trying to recruit. He has two more shows left and is energized to recruit more people. He uses the tele-classes and online training, and also offers to help with training.
hunkiemunkie
I got my first recruit a few days ago. I'm surprised it even happend because I wasn't trying to recruit. I haven't hit my 90 days yet and I'm leaving in less than two weeks, so I wasn't working the recruiting angle as much as I was trying to book shows.

But she is awesome. I know her pretty well, we hang out and she is soooooo motivated about the business. She has one show this week, two shows next week and a possible recruit! It's like the recuirt fairy knew what I needed, lol.

So what do I do to keep this moving even though I'm moving across country. We don't have hospitality in our area. My recruiter/director already checked and I didn't receive training myself, my recruiter is in Germany. So I've just been going for it. I use the tele-classes and online training, plus you wonderful cheffers here.

I have two more shows before I go, and I feel energized to recruit more people, but I'm not sure how to do this before I leave.

Get skype!! Train her as much in person (as in, not phone calls) until you leave as you can. It'll be beneficial. Help her to her first show or two if she asks. Offer to help her talk to her recruit.
But then make sure you call her every once in awhile after you move to see if she has questions, congratulate her on her successes, etc.

No advice, but congrats on the new recruit!!

get her on here!!

I got my first recruit a few weeks ago. I bought her a year's subscription as a welcome and thank you gift. I know her work schedule will sometimes make it hard to get to cluster meetings. This is a good substitute and a wealth of information.

I didn't attend cluster meetings for my first year (work and family conflicts) and my lackluster sales show. I started attending every other month after the first year, and found my motivation and sales were improving. I make it a point to attend my meetings now, but I figured that out the hard way first.

Knowing how easy it is to get caught up in things and skip meetings, I wanted to give my recruit every advantage I could so that she can have a successful business. While Chef Success doesn't replace monthly cluster meetings, I know for some consultants, this is their only real support system. I love it as backup support.

Look up the "Guide to Supporting New Consultants" (online on Consultant's Corner) and start reading! :D

Congratulations!!!

I'm helping her do her first two shows, they are happening before I leave. And I offered to speak with her recruit and I said it could be good for the two of them to start together. To have a buddy to start out with.

She only lives a block away and our kids are in the same class, do football, cheering ect... together so we talk everyday. And we are genuinely friends. So I know I will be in contact with her. And I did tell her about this website, like every other sentence I'm like, go on chefsuccess, lol.

I just want to make sure that I help her get the best out of this opportunity. Last night we went over the supporting new consultant's guide together, because to be honest I still feel brand new. So we discussed what are goals are as individuals and as a team and I think it went well. I just don't want to miss anything, ya know.

Remember, too, that your director will be responsible for her training, so your director should be able to help you help her.

What should I do after recruiting my first team member?

After recruiting your first team member, it is important to establish a clear onboarding process. This includes introducing them to the team, setting expectations, and providing any necessary training or resources. It is also important to regularly check in with your new team member to ensure they are adapting well and address any concerns they may have.

How can I help my new recruit feel welcome and included?

To make your new recruit feel welcome and included, it is important to involve them in team activities and meetings, introduce them to other team members, and provide them with the necessary tools and resources to succeed. Additionally, make sure to communicate openly and actively listen to their ideas and concerns.

What are some ways to motivate my new recruit?

To motivate your new recruit, set clear goals and expectations, recognize and reward their achievements, provide opportunities for growth and development, and offer constructive feedback. It is also important to lead by example and create a positive and supportive work environment.

How can I ensure my new recruit's success?

To ensure your new recruit's success, provide them with the necessary resources and support, establish a clear communication channel, set realistic and achievable goals, and regularly provide feedback and guidance. It is also important to create a positive and inclusive work culture that promotes teamwork and collaboration.

How can I handle any challenges or conflicts with my new recruit?

If you encounter any challenges or conflicts with your new recruit, it is important to address them openly and directly. Listen to their perspective, communicate your expectations clearly, and work together to find a solution. It is also important to remain patient and understanding, and seek guidance from a mentor or supervisor if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nay62
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Cr8vKitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • dkitten13