• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

An Eventful Friday: Unexpected Vet Bills, Dog Fights, and Cracked Stairs!

In summary, my two year old started running fever for the 2nd time in two weeks. My husband went looking for him. He is laying in our back yard. And excuse my french but his "nut sack" is busted open. We try for 2-3 hours to find a vet b/c they have all JUST closed for the day, so, we need an emergency visit. During all of this my mother and I are hosting a table at our Annual Ladies Christmas Tea at church. We finally get a vet. My dad finds one for us. He goes with my husband to take our dog to the vet, my FIL comes to keep my son (30 minutes after the Tea started b/c he CANNOT hurry!). We also
jrstephens
Friday night was awesome! My husband is a high school football coach and we won, so, we are playing for the State Championship on Thursday Deccember 7th for the first tiime since the 1980s! It is a wonderful feeling!!

Well, My two year old started running fever for the 2nd time in two weeks. I think he is getting his two year mollars! And his teeth have always taken forever to break through!

Then, our daschund does not come to the door to come in as usual this morning. So, a little later my husband went looking for him. He is laying in our back yard. And excuse my french but his "nut sack" is busted open. We try for 2-3 hours to find a vet b/c they have all JUST closed for the day, so, we need an emergency visit.

During all of this my mother and I are hosting a table at our Annual Ladies Christmas Tea at church.

We finally get a vet. My dad finds one for us. He goes with my husband to take our dog to the vet, my FIL comes to keep my son (30 minutes after the Tea started b/c he CANNOT hurry!).

$260 later our dog will be fine. He apparently got in a fight with another dog or something. We also find out through this that he has a defect that was NOT caught when we had him checked when we bought him. Which means if we ever wanted to breed our long haired registered daschund that you can sell puppies for $400-500 we cannot now b/c it is hereditary. Well, we could but they have to be sold with this being known and of course will dragastically reduce the chances of selling them. The vet said whoever missed this in the vet check is a DUMBA** for missing something this big. We are really not upset about that b/c thankfully we did not buy to breed we just bought for a pet. But it is annoying to find out. It does mean that he will need additional surgery at some point b/c the defect has to have some adjustments are it can casue cancer among a few things.

Then our front steps have a crack in them and in the freezing weather they picked this week to get worse and they FELL IN this afternoon. Thankfully no one got hurt walking on them when they did.

There is A LOT of thankfulness in this since our dog will be fine, no one got hurt with the steps, the Tea was awesome and we had a great time in Jesus but I am still aggravated with the day as anyone would be, so, I thought I would share with my fellow friend Cheffers.

Another great thing is my next PC check wil pay over half of the vet bill too! That did help my husband's feelings who did not really want to get another dog in the first place!

Aren't you glad we only have days like this every once in awhile. It makes me appreciate those "not much to write home about" days.

Wow Jennifer, that's ALOT to deal with in one day!! I'm glad the puppy is alright now and the tea went smoothly!

Sorry to hear about you day. Like Janel said thank goodness these days only happen once in awhile. I am glad to hear that your dog will be fine but it is a shame about his condition. I hope things start looking up for you and your family.

:eek: Geez Jennifer! I'm so sorry.I don't know how I would have handled my day! Sounds like you took it in stride. ;)

1. How can I prevent unexpected vet bills for my pets?

The best way to prevent unexpected vet bills is to make sure your pet receives regular check-ups and vaccinations, as well as maintaining a healthy diet and exercise routine. It is also important to keep your pets away from any potential hazards or harmful substances.

2. What should I do if my dog gets into a fight with another dog?

If your dog gets into a fight with another dog, it is important to separate them immediately to prevent any further injuries. Seek medical attention for your dog if needed and also try to identify the cause of the fight to prevent it from happening again in the future.

3. How can I repair cracked stairs in my home?

To repair cracked stairs, you can use a concrete filler or epoxy to fill in the cracks. Sand down any rough edges and then apply a fresh coat of paint or sealant to the stairs to prevent further damage.

4. Can I still use my Pampered Chef products if my kitchen is under construction?

Yes, you can still use your Pampered Chef products during a kitchen renovation. Our products are designed to be versatile and can be used in a variety of cooking settings, such as outdoor grilling or using a portable stove.

5. How can I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a Pampered Chef consultant, you can sign up on our website or reach out to a current consultant for more information. Our consultants have the opportunity to earn a significant income, receive discounts on products, and build a flexible schedule.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tara1021
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Tara1021
Replies
Views
rennea
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen