• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

In Need of Prayers: My Dog Was Hit By a Car

In summary, Baxter was hit by a car and his pelvis is broken in 3 places on the left side. His former owner promised Paulette that she would take care of him and she is now going to the surgeon to see what can be done.
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
I have gotten to know many of you here over the past few years and most know I am not a big church goer although I grew up in the church and am a believer. I am going thru something very difficult and need all the backup I can get.
While away having my “girls scrapbook day” as an early B-day celebration. My dog got out of the yard and was hit by a car. This is complicated by the fact that I am furious at my husband because he was supposed to tie the dog up before he left the yard with the kids for their bike ride.
I came home as soon as I found out and brought Baxter to the emergency vet. His pelvis is broken in 3 places on the left side.
I am so upset at this whole thing I can’t function. We have only had Baxter 3 weeks. I promised his former owner I would do my best to take care of him. I have waited my whole life to have a dog and I instantly clicked with Baxter (and I am picky about animals).
I am so mad at my husband I cannot even look at him. I feel like this is all his fault . I cried the whole way home last night (45mins) and did not sleep well.
I am taking Baxter to the surgeon this AM to see what can be done. Please pray that it will not be thousands of dollars because I just do not think we can swing that.
Thanks all….

HUGS Paulette!

I am so sorry to hear of Baxter, I will keep in my pet prayers!! Keep us posted.

Paulette, the anger will pass (DH is human, after all!) and Baxter will be in our prayers. Please keep us posted!

Oh Paulette! {{{{{hugs}}}}} I know it is so devastating when our pets are injured. I pray that you are strong, that you forgive your husband completey and that your dog recover fully without much pain and that you are not financially burdened by it.

We had a dog hit by a neighbor - my son's friend opened the door and she ran out. I was at work but came home immediately. In our case, there was nothing we could do to save her.

Oh I am so sorry... look into something called care credit! I got a dog on Easter four days after getting her she became ill to the tune of $2600. I applied for care credit and have 6 months 0% interest on my vet bill. THANK GOD!

thank you all... I ham having a difficult time dealing with all this andd I appreciate your thoughts and concern.

Oh Paulette, I'm so sorry!:( I feel your pain (and your anger) and I hope everything turns out fine. I hope everything goes ok at the vet today and Baxter hangs in there!

((Hugs)) Paulette. I am so sorry to hear about BAxter. I hope the surgeon can fix him up and he has a quick recovery (without breaking your bank!)

Paulette stay strong and think positive thoughts (I know it is difficult at this time - but try) I am so sorry you are going thru this - You are in my prayers, as is Baxter!!

Again thank you all. We just got back from the Vet. Things are still a bit up int the air. His x-rays are being sent to a radiologist to determine if he needs surgery. It may be possible for him to heal without. Our biggest concern now is to make sure everything keep working (bowels and bladder) Yay what fun! Good thing I have fallen completely in love with this guy and that her is so darn cute!

I am dealing with my emotions a bit better. I know my hubby feels terrible and he even admitted he did the wrong thing which helps alot.

I appreciate all your good thoughts and wishes more than you know!

Paulette, prayers going out for your pooch- I would be so sad if one of my puppies got smooshed by a car- Dogs are amazing creatures and I believe he will heal completely!

Aww...Paulette - I hope he heals well. My dog tore his ACL as a pup and although I swore I'd never spend a ton of money on a dog, we had it repaired. He does great still today! A little noticeable during bad weather but that is it. He is a great dog still.Forgive your husband, we all make mistakes. He deep down probably feels just as bad. :(...and what happened with the person who hit the dog? Did they stop? Often their car insurance will cover vet bills as property damage (I believe...)

unfortunately the car did not stop. DS does think he saw it (saw a white car slowed down near our DW) but no contact from anyone.

Thanks Kacey! I saw your other thread and all I can saw is wow.... you are dealing with way more than I am. Take care!

etteluap70PC said:
unfortunately the car did not stop. DS does think he saw it (saw a white car slowed down near our DW) but no contact from anyone.

Thanks Kacey! I saw your other thread and all I can saw is wow.... you are dealing with way more than I am. Take care!

Paulette, I still feel terrible for your pooch. I hope everything works out and that Baxter heals and can come home soon. Please let us know how things are going.

I'm off to find some Tequilla....oops, can't do that- I get sick on Tequilla:yuck:

kidding, I don't drink, but after today I am thinking of reconsidering it! LOL

Prayers for you and you pooch!! HUGS too!

Related to In Need of Prayers: My Dog Was Hit By a Car

1. What happened to your dog?

My dog was hit by a car while playing in our neighborhood. We rushed him to the vet and he is currently receiving medical treatment.

2. How serious are your dog's injuries?

The extent of his injuries is still being assessed by the veterinarian. However, he has suffered some broken bones and internal bleeding. He is currently stable but still in critical condition.

3. How can we help?

Thank you for your concern and willingness to help. Right now, the best way to support us is by keeping our dog in your thoughts and prayers. We are also accepting donations to help with his medical expenses.

4. Will your dog make a full recovery?

It is too early to say for sure, but we are optimistic that with proper medical care and lots of love, our dog will make a full recovery. We are doing everything we can to give him the best chance for a successful healing process.

5. Can we visit your dog at the vet?

Thank you for wanting to visit our dog. However, at this time, the veterinarian has advised against visitors to allow our dog to rest and recover. We appreciate your understanding and will keep you updated on his progress.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• etteluap70PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefmary
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen