• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Cousin Stole from Me: A Story of Betrayal

In summary, the speaker's cousin came over and stole $5 from them that their grandmother had left for gas money. The speaker is upset and plans to confront their cousin about it, but is also worried about ruining their relationship. They also mention that their cousin had booked a party for February, but the speaker is unsure if they will still want to do it after the confrontation.
SillyChef
Okay, here is what happened. My grandma came over here last night. She left me 2 five dollar bills and I put them in my mail holder in my kitchen. Today my cousin was over visiting. I didn't think she would EVER steal from me. There is really NO reason to. I would give my last cent to someone if they needed it. Well, she left and my family and I went to dinner with some friends. Well. Ends up when I come home I notice that one of the fives is missing. The only people in my home last night or today were Me, My husband, Her, and our children. The kids are way too young to reach where this money was. So I called her. I asked her if she had seen any money in my kitchen today while she was here. She says NO. I said, "Well, my grandma left it here for gas money for the rest of the week for Joseph and now we are on LOW FUEL (a lie, but I wanted her to feel bad a little) She has NO. I said, "Well I have one of the fives and the other is gone." AND SHE SAYS: "Oh yeah, I seen one five too! but I didn't see anything else? I seen it in that mail thing you have on your wall when I was showing Omar the fish." I said "OKay, well I will keep looking for it. It has to be around here somewhere?!" She says "Okay talk to you later. Bye"

To me her lying about seeing the money at all in the first place shows that she took the money. I don't care about the money I care about being violated by one of my family members. She is supposed to come to my Mystery Host show on Friday. I am going to let her know that I KNOW she took the money. And earlier she called today and said she wants to book a Feb show.. :mad: Gosh. That P***ES me OFF!:mad: Ugh. Sorry to unload. I felt I had to tell someone without going over there and punching her. :eek:

What if (playing devil's advocate) she didn't take it?? It sounds like you are pretty sure, but are you willing to risk your relationship over this? I am sure that you do feel violated, but just think about what you are risking over $5. I know it isn't about the money, but just be POSITIVE before you flat out confront her...

And hey, isn't a double points Feb booking worth more than $5!? Cheer up and hopefully you get some good news soon!

Well, I know it is ONLY $5. And I am COMPLETELY positive she did take it. How did she know there was 5 dollars there if she didn't see the money in the first place? Also, I will totally still do the party. Nothing is going to get in the way of me and my vacation. BUT It just makes me upset that she did that. All she really had to do is ASK! I am just going to tell her I know about it, and I just would like her to ask next time. There is no need to worry about it now, it is long gone. :(

I am sorry Margie...that sucks that she couldn't fess up. Maybe she really really needed it and is embarressed because she stole and because she needed it badly enough to steal. I would just be worried that she would cancel the show if you two have bad blood between you, KWIM?

No. I am not going to be hostle or anything. And I am more than sure she will keep her party date. I just never had anything like that happen to me before. And it sucks to have a family member do it to you. what is KWIM? lol

KWIM= know what I mean

Sorry! I type faster than I think, LOL!

Good luck with your cousin and I am sorry this is happening!

lol Thanks! :D Ya I completely know what you mean. :D

SillyChef said:
Well, I know it is ONLY $5. And I am COMPLETELY positive she did take it. How did she know there was 5 dollars there if she didn't see the money in the first place? Also, I will totally still do the party. Nothing is going to get in the way of me and my vacation. BUT It just makes me upset that she did that. All she really had to do is ASK! I am just going to tell her I know about it, and I just would like her to ask next time. There is no need to worry about it now, it is long gone. :(

You need to do what you feel is best but take a few days to calm down and maybe you will change your mind. My suggestion........(not completely honest but :eek: )....offer to purchase the ingredients for her to save her time but tell her you will add the cost to her final order total....and add $5 ;)

GeorgiaPeach said:
You need to do what you feel is best but take a few days to calm down and maybe you will change your mind. My suggestion........(not completely honest but :eek: )....offer to purchase the ingredients for her to save her time but tell her you will add the cost to her final order total....and add $5 ;)
That's exactly what I was thinking!

Bless it and release it.
Family is way more important than $5 (IF she is guilty she'll have someone higher than you to answer to & she's probably wrestling with a guilty conscience)
Maybe it slipped behind another envelope or fluttered to the floor & will show up.
Teresa

Had kids steal from my garageThere are some neighborhood kids who come by all the time to play ping pong. There are mainly about 5 boys that actually live on our block. They once brought over a couple of kids we have never seen before to play also. They started coming over and I usually bake up a storm of cookies, cupcakes, and we even have had a party on halloween (We called it a Reformation party) to keep kids in our neighborhood off the streets and to share Christ with them.
Well it turns out that my husband used to collect coins and money with special dates when he was young and left the jar in the garage. It wasn't much but one day after everyone was done playing, the five kids from our neighborhood finished playing and had to be home. The new kids stayed to play a little longer and when they were done we noticed the jar was open and the coins plus a five dollar bill and a one dollar bill were gone. We knew it was those new kids because we haven't seen them since and the jar wasn't like that when the other kids left. It was actually buried in a box but not really that far in, so it might have been visible. And we haven't really cleaned out the garage like I wanted to yet.
At first I felt upset but then I remembered that I am here in this neighborhood to minister to those around me and to share Christ with them. Even if it means being used or abused in some way.
I am not trying to minimize your feelings of being violated or betrayed and then lied to but I agree that losing a relationship over $5 is not worth it. There is never an excuse for lying or stealing but I suggest you don't leave any more money lying around when she is over and forgive her.
As time passes you will be glad you did and you never know she may do something to redeem herself in your eyes.
Debbie :D

SillyChef said:

Silly,

I know you are upset, but I noticed in your first post that you said

I said, "Well I have one of the fives and the other is gone." AND SHE SAYS: "Oh yeah, I seen one five too! but I didn't see anything else? I seen it in that mail thing you have on your wall when I was showing Omar the fish.

So it may be that she knew about the 5 because you mentioned it.

Still, I'm very sorry about this for you. I know it's upsetting.

Ann

SillyChef said:
AND SHE SAYS: "Oh yeah, I seen one five too! but I didn't see anything else? I seen it in that mail thing you have on your wall when I was showing Omar the fish."

Is it possible omar either took it or knocked it where it fell behind something?

I hope she didn't take it. One thought I had as a mom of 3 kids ages 6,4, and 2- are you sure your children are too young? My 2 year old recently climbed up on the counter, unzipped my PC tote, got out my wallet, and removed all the credit cards and money. When I realized it was all gone, I suspected him (a known trouble maker!). I asked and he took me to it in his sister's room where he was using it to play something in her dollhouse. Anyway, the point of this is that I would have previously thought he wasn't capable of getting on the counter or unzpping the bag--are you sure your kids couldn't have gotten it? I would at least ask before confronting an adult. My kids at least don't understand the value of money and wouldn't necessarily realize how serious it was to move it from where I had it.

GeorgiaPeach said:

That is Exactly what I was thinking too. lol. :D LOL.

Teresa Lynn said:
Bless it and release it.
Family is way more important than $5 (IF she is guilty she'll have someone higher than you to answer to & she's probably wrestling with a guilty conscience)
Maybe it slipped behind another envelope or fluttered to the floor & will show up.
Teresa

Family IS more important, that is why I have NO idea why she did that in the first place. I am the one to always be there for her. She can't even talk to her own immediate family and I am ALWAYS giving her stuff. I just don't understand why she felt the need to steal from me that just ASK ME! Should could ask me for anything else, why not this?

cooking.with.ann said:
Silly,

I know you are upset, but I noticed in your first post that you said

I said, "Well I have one of the fives and the other is gone." AND SHE SAYS: "Oh yeah, I seen one five too! but I didn't see anything else? I seen it in that mail thing you have on your wall when I was showing Omar the fish.

So it may be that she knew about the 5 because you mentioned it.

Still, I'm very sorry about this for you. I know it's upsetting.

Ann

Yeah. I know she was the only one to take it though. She has had a history of it, according to family members that I have talked to since last night, and you know I just didn't think she would do that to me. I dunno - Maybe I should be thinking "If 5 dollars was more important to her then our relationship then fine."

tlennhoff said:
Is it possible omar either took it or knocked it where it fell behind something?

No Omar couldn't have got the money it was WAY too high for either him or my son to get it. Also. She said that she had "noticed" the money showing Omar the fish. Well, that money would have been right at her eye level. I have taken everything out of my mail thingy there and my kitchen is Spic and Span so I would notice money laying around.

susan g said:
I hope she didn't take it. One thought I had as a mom of 3 kids ages 6,4, and 2- are you sure your children are too young? My 2 year old recently climbed up on the counter, unzipped my PC tote, got out my wallet, and removed all the credit cards and money. When I realized it was all gone, I suspected him (a known trouble maker!). I asked and he took me to it in his sister's room where he was using it to play something in her dollhouse. Anyway, the point of this is that I would have previously thought he wasn't capable of getting on the counter or unzpping the bag--are you sure your kids couldn't have gotten it? I would at least ask before confronting an adult. My kids at least don't understand the value of money and wouldn't necessarily realize how serious it was to move it from where I had it.

I know caleb didn't have it. and Omar was too busy playing. Our kitchen is right next to where we are and I know they didn't take it. Besides NO ONE knew it was there. Besides me. And now my cousin. I don't know. I know that if she is really feeling guilty see wont come to my show tomorrow, so we will see what happens

1. What is "My Cousin Stole from Me: A Story of Betrayal" about?

"My Cousin Stole from Me: A Story of Betrayal" is a book that tells the true story of a woman who was betrayed by her own cousin. It follows her journey of uncovering the theft and dealing with the emotional aftermath.

2. Is this book based on a real event?

Yes, this book is based on a true story. The author personally experienced the betrayal and decided to share her story to raise awareness and offer support to others who may have gone through a similar situation.

3. What can I expect to learn from reading this book?

This book offers insights into the emotional toll of being betrayed by a family member, as well as the process of seeking justice and healing. It also delves into the complexities of forgiveness and moving on from a traumatic experience.

4. Is this book appropriate for all ages?

This book contains mature themes and may not be suitable for younger readers. We recommend that parents or guardians use their discretion when deciding if this book is appropriate for their child.

5. Where can I purchase "My Cousin Stole from Me: A Story of Betrayal"?

This book is available for purchase on our website, as well as major online retailers such as Amazon and Barnes & Noble. It is also available in select bookstores.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedChefLayla
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Robynchefcanada
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Robynchefcanada
  • Gina M