• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Can I balance my kids' soccer schedule with my work goals?

In summary, Sarah's son is signed up for soccer for this fall, but received an email that the first practices are in August and games will start on Saturday the 8th. Sarah is planning to do 25 shows in August, but if practices switch to another night of the week, she is out that night. She is offering an extra incentive for hosts who booked in July and August - a drawing for $100 cash.
chefcharity
I signed my boys (2yrs and 4 yrs) up for soccer for this fall thinking it started in September. I just received an email from the coach that the first practice is August 5th and the games start on Saturday the 8th. Well.... I had planned on doing about 25 shows in August! I'm half way there. Luckily all my saturday shows start at 2:30 or later and the games are at 10. But I already cannot work Wednesdays because my husband has school and if practices switch to another night of the week, then I'm out that night too! Guess if I don't make it to <i>every practice</i> it isn't a big deal, right?

I don't usually do so many shows, but I was trying to reach a goal this month and next.

Oh, well. I'll figure it out. Thanks for listening.

25 shows in one month!!!! Holy cow, what is your secret?? I feel blessed if I get 3 bookings in one month (yes, I'm working to improve that).

Yes, it's fine if you don't make every practice, or even every game. Just remember, the coaches are not babysitters. If you're unable to drive your kids to practices/games, make sure you find someone reliable and willing to do it for you. Also, for the sake of the coaches, teammates, and especially your boys (as you want to set a good example of teamwork), don't just blow off a practice or game because the timing is inconvenient. Even though they are young, and this is all for fun, there are still people counting on the boys to be there as expected.

This is the voice of experience both as a soccer/softball mom, and a former coach.

Thanks Sarah! I would never just drop my kids off! Way to paranoid for that! LOL! Their Dad will be there if I am not and I try to teach my kids when we say we are going to do something, we do it. So.... we're in it for the season. :) Was just feeling a bit overwhelmed for a minute with something else added to my plate for August!

As for all the shows, I don't do it all the time. Actually, it has never happened before. I'm giving it my all this month and next trying to reach the Top 50 challenge. If i don't hit it, what is the worse that happens - I made ALOT of money! I am offering an extra incentive for my host who booked in July and august - a drawing for $100 cash! They'll have about a 1 in 35 chance of winning. Pretty good odds and if I'm making that kind of money, I'm ok with the $100 going out. I've had a good response to this. Then the rest of my year should be set to - not to mention my level 3 disney.

You are going to love soccer!! My 2 oldest kids played when they were in grade school. They loved it. At that time my oldest played soccer, baseball and basketball so he played all year. My daughter played soccer one year and softball one year and decided she didn't softball, but soccer is only for the younger kids in our area. My middle child places basketball and runs track...too old for soccer. But, my fav sport to watch is basketball and soccer is next.

Don't worry if you can't make all practices...the kids understand that. Just cheer them on and make sure they have fun.

Hi there! I completely understand how frustrating it can be when unexpected conflicts arise, especially when we have important goals to reach. But don't worry, I'm sure you'll be able to figure out a solution that works for you and your family. Maybe you can try scheduling some extra shows on weekdays or Sundays to make up for the ones you'll have to miss on Saturdays. Or if you have a team of consultants, you could also consider asking them to help cover some of your shows. Remember, it's important to prioritize your family and your personal life as well. Good luck with your soccer season and your shows!

What equipment do my boys need for soccer?

Your boys will need a pair of cleats, shin guards, and a soccer ball. Depending on the league, they may also need a uniform or specific team gear. It's always a good idea to check with the coach or team administrator for any specific requirements.

How often do my boys have to attend practices and games?

This will vary depending on the league and team, but typically there will be one or two practices per week and one game per week. It's important for your boys to attend all practices and games to improve their skills and be a valuable team member.

What is the cost to sign up for soccer?

The cost will vary depending on the league and team, but on average it can range from $50-$200. This cost may cover registration fees, uniforms, and equipment. Some leagues also offer financial assistance for families who may need it.

What is the age range for soccer players?

The age range for soccer players can vary depending on the league and team. Generally, children as young as 3 or 4 years old can start playing in beginner leagues, and there are also youth leagues for older children and teenagers. It's best to check with the league for specific age requirements.

Can my boys still play soccer if they have other commitments?

It's important to communicate with your coach and team about any scheduling conflicts your boys may have. Depending on the league and team, there may be some flexibility in attendance for practices and games. However, it's important for your boys to attend as many practices and games as possible to improve their skills and be a valuable team member.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
  • ChefAprilFrench
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
merego