• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Must-Haves for Successful Shows: Organization Tips and Sample Kit Essentials

In summary, Hellllooooo Ladies, summarizer says that she tries to take only what she needs for the recipe, upcoming host specials, and items the host specifically asked her to bring to a show. She also mentions that she tries to bring a MF towel and show it soaking up 1c of h20.
Jilleysue
Silver Member
Hellllooooo Ladies,
I know, most of my people tell me they love to see as much as I can bring to shows, and I do try to bring as much as I can, but as you all are WELL aware, I am very organized. I set up my table in my house, I have a diagram as to how things are to be set up, which I keep in my consultant binder. I must have a plan....LOL.
I take a picture of how my table is set up to keep with me..everything is just so....LOL. Yeah yeah I know. Just makes it easier for me.
Now we all get these sample packages and of course everyone wants to see the newest things, but do any of you have a list of what you bring every time.
I mean I bring:
Flute pan
Large bar pan
Saute pan
Tool Turnabout with everything I can stuff in there
Including the new green knives and the salad chopper
the classic batter bowl
This season I brought the dot large dish and the small and stacked them very pretty. Looked awesome for entertaining

But I am wondering..do you have a basics list you bring every time. Then when you get your OH SO LARGE sample kit because we know we are GETTING EVERTHING...What do you bring? I was like, ok...now what in the heck do we bring to shows. Is someone gona wanna see these plank things or do I just use them and tell people if I like them? LOL

Just wondering how you guys decide when you open your bag of goodies. Gotta get my table ready you know. I feng shui -ed my office last night...so new pics are on the way!!!! LOL, are you sick of me yet...haha :D :D :D

I'm in the process of organizing now....or trying to. Where have you been anyway?

You were missed.

I take way too much to shows & we discussed this at our last meeting. If we take too much, it makes our job look difficult. I still have a lot of trouble paring down what I take. I'm so excited about all our products that I just want to share!

I try to take only what I need for the recipe, upcoming host specials, and items the host specifically asked me to bring.

Jill~

It is great to "see" you on here!

I am actually trying to do the OPPOSITE....and cut WAY back. I feel that I am making my job look way too hard. My last 3-6 hosts made a comment about "you have to carry all of that in and out of EVERY show?!?!"

The more I thought about it (and heard about it at conference) I am going to pare back.

Next show I will bring:

ONLY products needed for the recipe (which means I will not be bringing my TTA and all of the stuff I have jammed into there...I have always been afraid that I will *need* something and not have it, so I bring it filled to the gills!)

Host special (one of them) for the month that I want to book right now

Santoku knife/UM/Microplane grater (watch the Tool Tips video on CC)

Cookware piece (or stoneware) if not being used in my recipe

Maybe one or two new items- for sure the sprinkles so they can smell them, but not sure about what other item is a MUST SEE. Possibly the app plates and caddy so they can use them to eat?

Remember, you CAN sell it without it being there in person. If someone says "don't you have ________?" You can say, not right now, but I will bring it to your show!

Many times I ask my host if there is something that they really want to see, and I will bring that too.

chefann said:
I try to take only what I need for the recipe, upcoming host specials, and items the host specifically asked me to bring.
Shoot Ann - I don't want you to think I'm a cyber stalker or anything - but can I just say...."Me Too!"?(I take what Ann takes!:D :p :rolleyes: )ETA: I make sure I am demoing a recipe or 2 that use a TON of products - so it's not like I'm actually traveling light or anything......

Becky's stalking me! Waaaahhhhh......LOL

I do basically the same as KellytheChef.
I ALWAYS bring a MF towel and show it soaking up 1c of h20.
I ALWAYS pack the Silicone Floral CC Pan and x-sell the Lg scoop with it.
I ALWAYS find an excuse to use the UM in any recipe

chefann said:
Becky's stalking me! Waaaahhhhh......

LOL

I'm scaring myself! Doesn't it seem like I've been following you around all day just saying "Me Too"???

Hey - do you think you could teach Beaker that phrase?:D

Oh, heck no! That would be annoying. :DWe're trying to teach her, "I'm a stinky bird."

I have pared way down what I take to shows. It seems that no matter how much I take someone ALWAYS wants to see something that I didn't bring! So now I only take what I need for my recipe and my TTA packed as full as it will go. I always take a something small from cookware, SA, stoneware, Forged Cutlery, current host & guest special, and next month's host special. I use the SS bowls instead of the batter bowl now b/c they are so much lighter.

pamperedlinda said:
I have pared way down what I take to shows. It seems that no matter how much I take someone ALWAYS wants to see something that I didn't bring! So now I only take what I need for my recipe and my TTA packed as full as it will go. I always take a something small from cookware, SA, stoneware, Forged Cutlery, current host & guest special, and next month's host special. I use the SS bowls instead of the batter bowl now b/c they are so much lighter.

I do this too - I always bring a few prep bowls to use for my demo (there are always ingredients I can put in them) and I talk about our "batter bowl family" with those. I love the SS bowls also, because I always stack them on top of each other for the beginning of the show - and they make an impressive tower of stainless steel!

ChefBeckyD said:
I do this too - I always bring a few prep bowls to use for my demo (there are always ingredients I can put in them) and I talk about our "batter bowl family" with those. I love the SS bowls also, because I always stack them on top of each other for the beginning of the show - and they make an impressive tower of stainless steel!

Becky I do this too! I hold up a prep bowl and says who has and loves our Batter Bowls? always someone raises their hand... now I say well Pampered Chef found at that after leaving the BB alone in the cupord for too long out came their 6 children, the Prep Bowls. I always sell at least one set at a show saying this, plus now I don't have to carry the BB with me (my show to go loves that as does my muscles!

For most of my PC biz, I have taken WAY TO MUCH. Rarely, if ever, did my taking the extra bucket (or 2) make a significant difference in my sales. If you really look at what people purchase it is almost always in one of three categories: 1) What you demo; 2) what guest and hosts share as their favorite products and 3) hot sellers that jump off the page and sell themselves.

Finally, after I began working a full time job and continued to have a full time PC biz, I HAD to stop my obsession.

Now, I take 6 stackable cooling racks (I acquired these over time...I woudln't recommond a new consultant buying this many at the beginning!!!)

For my display: I place 1, then behind it I stack 2, then behind that I stack 3. This gives a very striking display without needing a lot of products. On these racks I put larger items such as the trifle bowl, the deep dish cranberry baker, or the salad spinner. If I have something that can go on the lower racks, I place things there but I often leave them empty.

I then have my work area and assemble the items for the demo nearby. I always have a fully stuffed tool turn about and always bring the following: 1) Ultimate Mandoline; 2) Salad Chopper; 3) Microplane; 4) Food Chopper 5) 1-2 Forged Cutlery product; 6) one stone; 7) one piece of cookware (right now executive).
If an item above isn't used in the demo, I either talk about it or take additional food of my own to show it....like inexensive nuts to demo the microplane (w/food holder).

Good luck!

Yep I take way too much! I'm afraid my other products will feel left out if I leave them at home! :0)

I try to take the current and future guest specials, my demo stuff, the UM, Chopper, and always a couple prep bowls. SA in every design, and tons of other stuff! I just can't decide what to leave at home! I need to start using the catalog interactively so I can take a load off!

I take way too much too but have been working on scaling down.

tool turn about with the hottest tools (and food chopper always)
large cutting board (gonna switch to the one with the measuring cups)
stackable cooling rack
microplane/mandoline/santuko (have been taking those all along but Susie's video shows great reasons why!)
saute pan (will take both once I have SS)
small bowls & caddy (will replace with app plates and caddy)
prep bowls
a batter bowl (if I need two for recipe I take a SS bowl in the size I need)
easy read and easy adj measuring cups and measure all
a stone (depends on the recipe - if not using one I take the minibaker or one of the bar pans)
towel and microfiber towel
hot pad trivet/mitt
round up trivet
newest recipe books and ATB
specific tools for recipe
specials (I love the salad spinner and it sells when I bring it but it's so big!)
trifle bowl if I have room
something dots (you have to see it!)

It's a lot but...

I take A LOT of items, as well. But lately, I've started setting products all around the room, instead of just on the demo table. I find that more folks actually touch and feel products this way!

angmillar said:
I take A LOT of items, as well. But lately, I've started setting products all around the room, instead of just on the demo table. I find that more folks actually touch and feel products this way!
Me too! I am just putting the products that I am USING on the demo table or counter now and others are sitting about. It sure unclutters things and makes it all look easier.

BethCooks4U said:
Me too! I am just putting the products that I am USING on the demo table or counter now and others are sitting about. It sure unclutters things and makes it all look easier.

Exactly!!! Before, I would always tell everyone to feel free to look around the demo table and handle the products, but no one really ever did it. Now, that I put items all around the room, guests are always looking and playing with items.

The only downfall is that I've forgotten a couple of things!!

Since I'm not making anything at the show, I take lots. I don't display everything, though. I take part of my cue from the space I have available--the more space, the more products.

I always make sure I have:

current and next month's specials
SA Dots bowl & cup
Kitchen Towels
Micro-cooker
TTA w/lots of tools
Knives
Cookbooks
Spices, oils, and vanilla

The cookbooks and the pantry items I put elsewhere in the room. Since I wait a while to get started (to allow people time to munch and chat), I often have people looking through my displayed stuff.

tools for recipe
specials
TTA
whatever the host is interested in
I probably end up taking too much. I'm trying to cut back.

I guess I need to amend mine - because I do also take an assortment of spices & rubs, and also cookbooks.....and set these around so they can be passed during the show and looked at. (I really don't mind people looking at catalogs, cookbooks, etc....during the show.)

Even though I only take what I am using for the demo - it still seems like alot.

Last night I did the 30 minute chicken and a Trifle. My list of what was used for the show:

CHICKEN:

DCB
prep bowl (for spice blend)
Kitchen Spritzer
Carving Set
Large Dots Bowl

TRIFLE:
Core n More
Salad Choppers
Salad Spinner
Trifle Bowl
SS Bowl Set
Scraper Collection
Santoku Knife
EAD
Prep Bowl
8" Saute Pan
Serrated Knife
SS Whisk
Easy Read Measuring Cups
Egg Slicer
Nylon Spoon

Outdoor Party Plates for serving

This way I was incorporating Aug-Oct Host Specials into my demo......and booked 2 Sept. Shows and an Oct Show!

But with all of this - I ended up with 2 Show to Go Carry All's, my Paperwork bag, and my red crate. (Which I then use for dirty dishes on the trip home).

That is usually how much I take - no matter what I do, I can't get it to be less than that.

I always bring the Deep Covered Baker but almost never sell any. How are all of yours selling?

chefjwr said:
I always bring the Deep Covered Baker but almost never sell any. How are all of yours selling?
I have found that in order to sell it, I need to demo it. The 30 minute chicken or 10 Minute Pork!
IF I don't demo it, I talk quite a bit about these 2 recipes......I sell 1-2 per show, and it does help get bookings!

Last edited:
OMG...I take way way too much, but Im a touchy feely type of person, and I like to see before I buy, so I just figure others are too.
I dont mind taking the extra stuff, unless I have to go up a flight of stairs. ARGH!!

Mine is different for each and every show since I try not to bring everything in my kitchen (I've been a very loyal customer for 6 years BEFORE I became a consultant!).

I plan my shows around the recipe(s) the host chooses and then make sure I have something from each of the other categories so I can talk about it.

As an example, last night I had a show that we started off with the 10 minute Pork Tenderloin in the microwave and then uses the pork to do the BBQ Pork Salad. While the Pork was cooking I did the Appleberry Salsa. I did a quick assemble of the Easy Chocolate Trifle at the end of the show. (Host really wanted an appetizer, entree and dessert to show -- and that's normal for shows in my area, people really do expect to eat, especially on a
weeknight when they are coming directly from work).

I brought my set of Stainless Mixing bowls, my deep dish covered baker, batter bowl, small simple additions bowls and caddy (I bring 4 bowls in the caddy) and the large dots round bowl. I also brough my forged cutlery, tool turn around (crammed with stuff), Trifle bowl, apple/peeler/slicer/corer and stand, ultimate mandoline, cutting board with measuring cups and cutting board with ruler. I also brought the torte pans and uses them to cook the chocolate cake before the show to use for the trifle. Two kitchen spritzers (one with water and one with oil) that were used in my recipes and I used the Salad Choppers to make the Appleberry salsa. And I always bring the food chopper, although I didn't use it last night.

I carried everything in my Show and Go (yes, it was heavy) except the trifle bowl and batter bowl were in one TTA case and the TTA around was in my other case. I also had the large round stone and the large dots bowl in my stoneware tote (along with 3 outdoor plates and utensils to talk about the guest special -- which I haven't sold a single guest special at in any of my 3 July shows!)

I always also take my cookbooks which I spread on the table or coffeetable near where the guests are. I also usually bring some (but not always all of the spices)

Last edited:

1. What are the top organization tips for a successful Pampered Chef show?

The first tip is to create a show timeline and stick to it. This will help you stay organized and on track during the show. Secondly, plan out your sample displays in advance and make sure they are easily accessible. Thirdly, have all necessary paperwork and order forms ready to go. Fourthly, assign specific tasks to your team members to ensure a smooth and efficient show. Lastly, always have a backup plan in case of any unexpected hiccups.

2. What are the essential items to include in a Pampered Chef sample kit?

First and foremost, make sure you have all the necessary cooking tools and products for your demonstrations. Additionally, include a variety of recipe cards and product catalogs for guests to browse through. Other important items to include are order forms, business cards, and any special promotions or discounts currently being offered.

3. How can I effectively display my Pampered Chef products?

One tip is to group related products together, such as all baking tools or all grilling tools. This will make it easier for guests to see all the options available for a specific type of cooking. Additionally, use tiered trays or shelves to create different levels of height for your displays. This will make them more visually appealing. Lastly, make sure to have a variety of products out for guests to touch and interact with.

4. What are some good ways to keep track of orders and payments during a show?

One option is to use a spreadsheet or order tracking software on a laptop or tablet. This allows you to easily enter and track orders as they come in. Another option is to have a designated person to handle all orders and payments, keeping a written record of each transaction. You could also use order forms with carbon copies to keep a physical record of orders.

5. Should I offer incentives or rewards for guests who book shows at my event?

Absolutely! Incentives or rewards can be a great way to encourage guests to book shows and increase your future sales. Some ideas for incentives could be a free product, a discount on their order, or a raffle entry for a larger prize. Make sure to promote these incentives throughout the show to generate interest and bookings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • pamperedbecky
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • DuenFounnyHok