• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Motivational Seminars (Non-Pampered Chef)

In summary, the event is $4.95 and has some motivational speakers, but it's not something that would be worth spending the whole day on.
NooraK
Gold Member
Has anyone ever been to an event like this:

http://seizetheday.com/

The price of $4.95 is tempting, and there are some interesting people on the the list (then again, I know some of you would run away screaming from some of these speakers, but that's fine too :D). On the political side, I tend to waffle back and forth and I'm not greatly passionate either way. I tend to try and keep an open mind, and I want to say that I would be able to take something from what a speaker says, regardless of their political stance. Especially if they are speaking from a motivational perspective. And motivation is what I really need.

I just would need someone to watch the kids that day, and I don't know if I'd want to go by myself...

Wow, seriously? For $4.95? What's the catch? If it's really only $4.95 - I say DOOOO IT!!!!!

John Maxwell alone is worth way more than $4.95! He is an amazing teacher, speaker, and motivator! One of the best there is!

I'm with Becky. If I had the opportunity to see John Maxwell for $4.95 I'd do it.

Wish they were coming to Ohio!! Sounds awesome!! Go for it!!!

went to one last year.. great seminar... but...... yea there's always a but..

it was a set up for the speakers who wanted to sell seats to their seminars on how to make money in the stock market, real estate, and internet.

yes I agree with Terry.
Our cluster attended the Zig Ziglar "get motivated" one 2 weeks ago in Dallas. From 8 to 5 you got snippets anywhere from 10 - 15 minutes from Laura Bush, Troy Aikman, Dr Robert Schueller, etc THEN we had 1 hour segments on real estate, stock markets and investingI left wishing I had just bought a motivational book and spent the day working my business on the phone and preparing for the fall

Well, were the 10-15 minute "snippets" worth anything? I mean, if you know this going in, you could leave before the "hour long" part, couldn't you?
Just wondering....

Teresa Lynn said:
yes I agree with Terry.
Our cluster attended the Zig Ziglar "get motivated" one 2 weeks ago in Dallas. From 8 to 5 you got snippets anywhere from 10 - 15 minutes from Laura Bush, Troy Aikman, Dr Robert Schueller, etc THEN we had 1 hour segments on real estate, stock markets and investing

I left wishing I had just bought a motivational book and spent the day working my business on the phone and preparing for the fall

See, this is what I was looking for. I knew there had to be a catch for that price, and not just the fine print of "It's $99.95 without a promo code" since that's plastered all over the newspaper ad.

Paula R. Lewis said:
Well, were the 10-15 minute "snippets" worth anything? I mean, if you know this going in, you could leave before the "hour long" part, couldn't you?
Just wondering....

I think what he means is you'd get 5-10 min of one speaker, then an hour of sales pitch, another 5-10 min of a speaker, an hour of sales pitch and so on all day, so you'd still have to stay if you wanted to hear all of them. Not something I want to spend my whole day on.

BTW, the other one with Colin Powell etc. was yesterday.

First we carpooled. (I think we got 20 tickets for $9.95 )2nd, yes we wanted to hear the speakers Collin Powell was one of the speakers too They really weren't "motivational" for example Laura Bush (whom i adore) caught us up on life in the Bush household. So, yes we got the truth instead of rumors on tabloids but not really anything to light a spark.

1. What is the purpose of a motivational seminar?

A motivational seminar is designed to inspire and motivate individuals to reach their full potential, whether it be in their personal or professional lives. It often includes workshops, speeches, and activities to help attendees develop skills and strategies for success.

2. Who should attend a motivational seminar?

Anyone looking to improve themselves and gain motivation can attend a motivational seminar. It can be beneficial for individuals at any stage in their career or life, from students to CEOs.

3. How long do motivational seminars typically last?

The length of a motivational seminar can vary, but they usually range from a few hours to a full day. Some seminars may span over multiple days depending on the content and activities included.

4. What can I expect to gain from attending a motivational seminar?

Attending a motivational seminar can provide many benefits, such as increased self-confidence, improved communication skills, and a clearer sense of goals and direction. It can also provide an opportunity to network with like-minded individuals and gain new perspectives.

5. Are motivational seminars worth the cost?

The cost of a motivational seminar may vary, but the potential benefits and long-term impact on personal and professional growth make it a worthwhile investment. Additionally, many companies offer motivational seminars as part of employee development and training programs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RMDave
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lcucinella
Replies
Views
MissChef
Replies
Views
katie0128