• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Molten Lava Cake for a Large Crowd

In summary, the conversation was about a consultant who has a large show coming up and her host has requested a molten lava cake to be served to the expected 30+ guests. The consultant is wondering if she can make the cake twice in the same Deep Covered Baker without cleaning in between, or if anyone has suggestions on how to make it for such a large crowd. Some suggestions were to use the Stoneware Fluted Pan or another Deep Covered Baker, or to clean the first one before making a second cake. Another option was to make a cake in the oven or use a different pan, such as the Stoneware Rectangular Baker or Large Bar Pan. The consultant also shared a quicker version of the recipe using a regular cake, Betty
Tracy99
Gold Member
I have a host who is expecting 30+ people to her show on Wed. She requested the molten Lava Cake. I have only ever made it for about 15 people and that usually finished it. Can I make it twice in the same DCB (without cleaning in between)? Or does anyone have a suggestion on how to make it to feed a crowd? Thanks.

PS I am hoping her show putting me in the 3000 level for SAT :) Fingers crossed. She agreed to close on the 30th.

If you have the stoneware fluted pan make one in there. You do it as the same as the DCB.

I'd use the stoneware fluted pan, another DCB or clean the first one before making the cake a second time. If not, I'd be concerned that some of the 'lava' left over from round one would burn during round two and ruin the whole thing. JMO :)

I say clean it too. Jodi's right on, the residue from the 1st cake will burn.But you could make a cake in the oven if you have our cookware, or in a different pan. If you have the fluted stone and the large round platter, that makes a beautiful display! Here's the one from my Japan Earthquake/Tsunami show:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/197910_196840933669819_190756324278280_625202_5548427_n.jpgThis recipe is actually the Chocolate Velvet Cake with Strawberries (recipe on Consultant's Corner) ~ but I do a quicker version for bake sales ... bake a regular cake in the fluted stone, take a tub of Betty Crocker Chocolate Frosting, pull off all the foil & heat until it's smooth for pouring. Drizzle on top of the cake & garnish with the strawberries just like what's in the above picture. Still tastes yummy, looks good & is a bit quicker to prepare.

Hi there! Congratulations on having such a successful show coming up! It's great that your host is expecting such a large turnout. As for the molten lava cake, I have a few suggestions that might help. First, you can definitely make it twice in the same DCB without cleaning in between. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly and keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't overcook. Another option is to use a larger baking dish or pan, such as our Stoneware Rectangular Baker or Stoneware Large Bar Pan, to make a bigger batch all at once. And if you're feeling adventurous, you can try making mini versions of the molten lava cake using our Mini Fluted Pan. They're perfect for a crowd and can be easily customized with different fillings. Good luck with your show and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to reach that 3000 level on SAT! Happy cooking!

1. How many servings does the Molten Lava Cake for a Large Crowd recipe make?

The recipe yields 12 servings, making it perfect for large gatherings or parties.

2. Can I make the Molten Lava Cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the batter and keep it in the fridge for up to two days before baking. However, for the best results, we recommend baking and serving the cake on the same day.

3. Can I use a different type of chocolate instead of the recommended semi-sweet chocolate?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate that you prefer, but keep in mind that the sweetness and texture of the cake may vary depending on the type of chocolate used.

4. Can I make individual servings of the Molten Lava Cake instead of one large cake?

Yes, you can use individual ramekins or muffin tins to make smaller servings of the Molten Lava Cake. Just adjust the baking time accordingly.

5. Can I freeze the Molten Lava Cake for later use?

Yes, you can freeze the Molten Lava Cake before or after baking. If freezing before baking, thaw the cake overnight in the fridge before baking. If freezing after baking, let the cake cool completely before wrapping it tightly and storing in the freezer for up to 3 months.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • Mama2bowbaby
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dalesley
  • PamperedchefDaly