• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

The Best Tool for Chopping Ground Beef - Have You Tried It?

In summary, the conversation discusses the effectiveness and popularity of the Mix-N-Chop tool for chopping ground beef. Multiple individuals express their love for the tool and mention its usefulness for various dishes such as chili, tacos, and sloppy joes. Some even compare it to the micro-cooker and highlight its ability to easily chop partially frozen meat. The tool is also mentioned as a great selling item and a favorite among directors.
jasonmva
Silver Member
Has anyone used this yet? I am dying to get one because I am so tired of trying to chop up my ground beef with a spoon. My chunks get uneven!

Have it but haven't used it. I know this will be a big seller for me. Everyone that sees it in the catalog says what a great idea it is.

If you don't have that yet.....the mix 'n masher works really really well... I don't think I am going to purchase the new one since I discovered how well the mix 'n masher works for this!! Nice small, uniformed chunks ;)

GREAT tool
jasonmva said:
Has anyone used this yet? I am dying to get one because I am so tired of trying to chop up my ground beef with a spoon. My chunks get uneven!

My director raves about it and said it's her favorite tool this season. Last season her favorite was the drainer.
I haven't tried it yet but I am going to get it by tagging it on to one of my shows this month. I hate chopping up my ground beef too, even with a wooden spoon it's pretty tough.
It's also good for chopping up sausage for that wonderful sausage dip I eat all the time. One can of rotel, one pound of breakfast sausage browned and one block of cream cheese. I can't get enough of it.

Debbie :D

It works great! My husband saw me using it one night and has told everyone about it at every chance he gets! He's not even a big PC fan (hard to believe, I know :))!!!!

I sold 2 at my first party in March.. .the catalog sold them.. I never even talked about it! I'll be talking it up next party!

I showed it to my boss and told her she needs to get it for her daughter because she loves the food chopper so much after I showed her how to use it as an anger management tool. My boss says her daughter is chopping everything up around the house - imagine the damage she could do with this puppy! :)

Have it Love it so far!

One of those products that I thought was silly, until I used it! Now I love it! My son doesn't like meat if he can actually see it, and with this, it will chop it so fine...right in the pan...I love it!

jasonmva said:

I, too, love the Mix-N-Chopper. I have a question, though. If you're looking for perfect, crumbly ground beef, why aren't you cooking it in the micro-cooker? It's perfect!

raebates said:
I, too, love the Mix-N-Chopper. I have a question, though. If you're looking for perfect, crumbly ground beef, why aren't you cooking it in the micro-cooker? It's perfect!

Less dirty dishes...usually if I am browning it on the stove it is for chili, or tacos or soup or sloppy joes........and then I just finish it in whatever pan I brown the meat in!

Now, see, we're all different. I prefer to fix my ground beef in the micro-cooker because I love the texture. I also like that I can pour off the vast majority of the grease before I start my real cookin'. Since I can just pop it in the dishwasher, the extra pan isn't an issue.

I'm with you Rae! I use the microcooker for that too! But I don't have the mix n chopper yet! Sold 2 the other night right out by showing it in the catalog and almost sold one today while I was out-saying almost as she hasn't placed her order yet.

heat123 said:
Have it Love it so far!

Somebody throw Heather a KISS!!!:D

I really was skeptical at first - another one of those items I probably won't use.

WELL!! the other night we got home late - nothing in the frig - had to thaw some burger for sloppy-joes. I am really an impatient person.... so when the burger is half thawed - I usually scrape off the thawed part - put it back in the micro and od it again.... AGAIN - I am impatient....and I was hungry:(

I siad what the heck - took the burger - threw it in my 10" skillet and took the Mix-n-Chop to it....

I LOVE IT!! It went right through the partially frozen burger like butter... Now my hubby and I see just how long we have to leave burger in the micro before we can chop through it....Cheap entertainment really:eek:

I love mine - it makes it SO much easier when browning ground meat!

I Love it sooo much that I have TWO of them....... no actually I won one of them in a drawing at a training and the other one came in my samples kit!!

Thanks Gina for waking us up on the throw Heather a Kiss comment! I had to read up and realized that she said have it, love it! And to think I played that game the other night! You are alert!

Love your cheap entertainment comment too! My hubby used to call certain things "savage amusement".

I love mine too. I normally brown my hamburger in my batter bowl in the microwave but now that I used this I like that all the hamburger is the same size.

I'm getting one this month for sure! I want to show it and let people feel it.

I sold three of them last night at a show!!!

I started a thread about a month ago after I got my mix-n-chop.
I LOVE this tool! it is a must have if you ever cook ground beef or turkey. I normally absolutely hate the job of cooking ground beef. this tool made it a breeze. It has also been the #1 talked about new item among my customers.

It is definately my favorite new product of the season!!! I have been selling them like hotcakes!!

PCGINA said:
Somebody throw Heather a KISS!!!:D

I really was skeptical at first - another one of those items I probably won't use.

WELL!! the other night we got home late - nothing in the frig - had to thaw some burger for sloppy-joes. I am really an impatient person.... so when the burger is half thawed - I usually scrape off the thawed part - put it back in the micro and od it again.... AGAIN - I am impatient....and I was hungry:(

I siad what the heck - took the burger - threw it in my 10" skillet and took the Mix-n-Chop to it....

I LOVE IT!! It went right through the partially frozen burger like butter... Now my hubby and I see just how long we have to leave burger in the micro before we can chop through it....Cheap entertainment really:eek:

Awwwh how sweet ladies!:p
I too thought "hmm interesting tool, kind of funky but ok" when I first saw it in the mini catalog before purchasing it in the samples then wondered would I really use it.. but now that I have it I really do like it and I use it every time I cook my hamburger or turkey!

I have sold 11 just by passing them around at 3 shows!!

raebates said:
Now, see, we're all different. I prefer to fix my ground beef in the micro-cooker because I love the texture. I also like that I can pour off the vast majority of the grease before I start my real cookin'. Since I can just pop it in the dishwasher, the extra pan isn't an issue.

SUPER curious - how long do you microwave it to brown meat? Do you have to do anything to it first? What if it's frozen? What if it's not?? I'm fascinated by this. I absolutely hate browning meat. YUK!

TIA!

raebates said:

The ground meat doesn't chunk up as it cooks?

I love this thing! Made ground turkey chili and it made the chunks VERY small and uniform! Amazing and FUN to use too!!!

Hmmm...kit enhancement is next month. So if I don't have any April shows (hopefully that will Not be the case), I will get it through the enhancement. Gee you guys are good - you sold ME on it!

I used mine for the first time to break up the meat for the Caribbean Meat-filled pastries. Those are delicious by the way (I don't even like olives). I didn't understand the need for the product, but now...WOW!! It really broke down my sausage. Very fine little crumbles instead of big hunks.

Signed,
Pleasantly suprised in Texas

Last night I used the Mix-n-Chop to make twice-baked potatoes! I had leftover baked potatoes, scooped out the potato, added low fat sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper. Since the cold baked potato pulp is quite hard, I just "mixed and chopped" everything together, then used a spoon to fill the potato skins before baking to heat through. They were awesome!!

4kids4me said:
SUPER curious - how long do you microwave it to brown meat? Do you have to do anything to it first? What if it's frozen? What if it's not?? I'm fascinated by this. I absolutely hate browning meat. YUK!

TIA!

Usually about 5 minutes (the most) if it is thawed on High. If frozen I defrost it in my microwave based on weight and then put it in the microcooker to cook. Really great and fast and you don't have to be standing there the whole time with it. I put it in the microwave cook it, drain it and put the microcooker in the dishwasher!

I know what you mean about browning meat.:D

its_me_susan said:

Comes out great and chopped up in little pieces in the microcooker. It's a mystery but does work great, Susan!

gilliandanielle said:
I have sold 11 just by passing them around at 3 shows!!

That is awesome, Gillian. Can't wait to get mine as I get lots of questions about that and I did sell some this week without having it. In fact I got asked about it at lunch today by my customer/waitress. She may end up ordering it next week.

raebates said:

You just sold another Micro-Cooker!!
...I don't have one..but I may consider it for Kit Enhancement...never been a big fan of them after I messed my small Micro-cooker microwaving butter and garlic...never got the smell out...but I think I owe it to a good ole favorite PC product to give it a second chance...

I like the mix 'n chop as well. I won't say I LOVE it b/c I'm sooo used to using my bamboo spatulas to break up my ground beef, that they have become like my left hand. :)

I have browned hamburger in the micro-cooker, but it didn't crumble for me. However, I cook it for about 5 minutes, crumble it with the pastry blender, and then cook it until done. I also don't find that all of the grease drains using the micro-cooker, so I'll typically throw it in the smaller colander.
HTH

Oh!!
And at a Feb show...a girl wanted the Mix N Chop...I told her sorry...not available yet..but if she booked a show for March...etc... And I sorta laughed...this was early in the show, then while taking orders, she booked...her show is tomorrow...the 10th...so early in the month...she can't wait!!

ChefNic said:
Oh!!
And at a Feb show...a girl wanted the Mix N Chop...I told her sorry...not available yet..but if she booked a show for March...etc... And I sorta laughed...this was early in the show, then while taking orders, she booked...her show is tomorrow...the 10th...so early in the month...she can't wait!!

Great booking! Hope the show goes well tomorrow for you!

spoiledchef said:
I have browned hamburger in the micro-cooker, but it didn't crumble for me. However, I cook it for about 5 minutes, crumble it with the pastry blender, and then cook it until done. I also don't find that all of the grease drains using the micro-cooker, so I'll typically throw it in the smaller colander.
HTH

I usually use 85% lean so there isn't much fat to drain. I agree that the drain on the micro-cooker doesn't get it all but does get the bulk. I sometimes use my small colander to get the bulk depending on what I am using to ground my beef.

My microwave usually crumbles it in 5 minutes when I only do about 1 to 1/2 pounds of ground beef. If I go over that I usually need to leave it a bit longer and help crumble it.

I love love love this tool its works so great I use it whenever I can i think I sold about 8 of them already.
Terra

Great job Terra!!!!

4kids4me said:

TIA!

One pound of fresh (not frozen) ground beef takes approximately 5 minutes. You'll want to cook it for 2 - 3 minutes. Remove it from the microwave. Stir well. Return to microwave. Finish cooking. (Every microwave is different. Mine takes exactly 5 minutes for 1 pound. I suggest people start checking it at 4 minutes to be sure.)

Once it's done, drain the fat. Remove the lid and stir well. It breaks apart beautifully.

You can do 2 pounds in the large micro-cooker.

If you start with frozen beef, you'll want to add a couple more minutes and an extra stir.

Works well with sausage, too, but it takes a bit more stirring.

its_me_susan said:

It doesn't. I always tell people, though, that the first time they look at it they'll call me a liar. The key is in the stirring.

This and the TTA are my favorites this season! We use so much ground beef in our family it is such a great tool!

Tell your guests they can buy and brown 3# of ground beef in our family sized skillet, drain and rinse it, and freeze it in ziplocs...then it's ready for sloppy joes, tacos, to add to spaghetti sauce, Hamburger Helper (don't laugh, it's my husbands FAVORITE!) etc. Two cups of cooked browned hamburger is = one pound meat. (This is good to know when you brown up tons at a time!)

I sold 5 of these at my show tonight! I didn't even talk about it--one of the guests saw it in the catalog & walked up to my TTA while I was getting the final food prep ready. She took it & showed it to everyone!

Ditto to what everyone else is saying!! Love, Love, Love, this tool. I need to get another one. I find myself running back and forth grabbing it from my kit to use at home.

I just talked about it at a show, passed it around, and sold 13 that night. Everyone thought it was a great idea. Who doesn't brown ground beef, turkey or sausage?

BTW-I walked out of that show with guest sales at $1220 so far. She has some more outside orders coming in. I have never walked out of a show with guest sales that high already before we even close!! Woo Hoo!! (Just had to toot my own horn!!)

That makes my 3rd $1000 show since Jan. (my 10th overall) Again, just tooting.

Sorry for going off on that tangent. Couldn't help myself.

Oh Yeah, AWESOME tool, a MUST have!!

Tracy :D :D :D

I loved it the first time I used it.I was making a taco salad and when I but the hamburger in the pan a lightbulb went off and I said "I can use my new toy!!!!!" I grabbed it and went to town on the beef and I really loved it. I brought the taco salad to a family ladies night and brought a new catalog with me. Well when my cousin saw it in there she went nuts over it. I love it so much and use ground beef for a lot of things that I'm thinking I need to order at least 3 more, one for taking to shows and the others for home because it will always be in the dishwasher when I need it.:D :D :D

I just got mine today. Question for the ones that have used it... Have you looked at your cookware after using it? Any scratches or scuff marks?

I didn't see any. I have the Proffessional set not the Exec. YET!!!

Shouldn't scratchIt says in the description in the catalog that it shouldn't scratch the pan. So the nylon material it is made of should be safe.

Let's hope so cause I can't wait to get one and mix n chop away!!!

Debbie :D

It doesn't scratch my executive stuff...I love it!

I'm glad to hear that it doesn't scratch. I was a bit worried because the bottom seemed a bit thin. I don't want to scratch my beautiful cookware.

<h2>1. What is "The Best Tool for Chopping Ground Beef"?</h2><p>"The Best Tool for Chopping Ground Beef" is a kitchen gadget designed specifically for chopping and breaking up ground beef while cooking. It is a handheld tool with sharp blades that make the process quick and easy.</p><h2>2. How does "The Best Tool for Chopping Ground Beef" work?</h2><p>The tool features sharp blades that easily cut through the ground beef, breaking it up into smaller, more even pieces. It works by simply pressing down and twisting the tool while it is in the pan.</p><h2>3. Can I use "The Best Tool for Chopping Ground Beef" with other types of meat?</h2><p>While it is primarily designed for ground beef, this tool can also be used with other types of ground meat, such as ground turkey or chicken. It may not be as effective with larger cuts of meat, such as steak or chicken breast.</p><h2>4. Is "The Best Tool for Chopping Ground Beef" dishwasher safe?</h2><p>Yes, this tool is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, it is recommended to wash it by hand to prolong its lifespan.</p><h2>5. Can I use "The Best Tool for Chopping Ground Beef" on non-stick cookware?</h2><p>Yes, this tool is safe to use on non-stick cookware. The blades are designed to be gentle and will not scratch or damage the surface of your cookware.</p>

1. What is "The Best Tool for Chopping Ground Beef"?

"The Best Tool for Chopping Ground Beef" is a kitchen gadget designed specifically for chopping and breaking up ground beef while cooking. It is a handheld tool with sharp blades that make the process quick and easy.

2. How does "The Best Tool for Chopping Ground Beef" work?

The tool features sharp blades that easily cut through the ground beef, breaking it up into smaller, more even pieces. It works by simply pressing down and twisting the tool while it is in the pan.

3. Can I use "The Best Tool for Chopping Ground Beef" with other types of meat?

While it is primarily designed for ground beef, this tool can also be used with other types of ground meat, such as ground turkey or chicken. It may not be as effective with larger cuts of meat, such as steak or chicken breast.

4. Is "The Best Tool for Chopping Ground Beef" dishwasher safe?

Yes, this tool is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, it is recommended to wash it by hand to prolong its lifespan.

5. Can I use "The Best Tool for Chopping Ground Beef" on non-stick cookware?

Yes, this tool is safe to use on non-stick cookware. The blades are designed to be gentle and will not scratch or damage the surface of your cookware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
D_Patel
  • gailz2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • pamperedbecky
  • Products and Tips
Replies