• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Huge Amount of Ground Beef in Roasting Pan??

Instant supper on those nights you are running behind!Not a stupid question! I placed the roasting pan over two burners on the stove. Worked great!Oh and I also did 5 pounds of ground turkey in the 12" skillet as well at the host's house. I can see how 6 would fit too.You can easily put 5 pounds of beef in the family size skillet. I do it all of the time! I brown it up, rinse
pamperedbecky
I wondered if anyone has tried to brown lots of ground beef in the roasting pan? I heard you could use it to brown up to 10 pounds of ground beef or something like that all at once. I'm doing a power cooking show tonight where everyone is going home with 3 meals because we'll all do it together and I want to use the Roasting Pan for it. Any tips or info on your experiences??? Thanks in advance. My show is tonight and I want to get a head start and brown up 10 pounds of ground beef, but didn't know how much will fit in there.:confused:

I typed in "roasting" in the files sections and there are lots of flyers in there. I clicked on one and it said 8 pounds of hamburger. I have done 6 pounds in the 12 inch skillet, so I would think 8-10 in the roasting pan would work out fine.

Awesome, thanks! I was on my desktop computer before that doesn't have Microsoft Word yet, so I couldn't pull up any flyers. Now that I'm back on my laptop, I'll look for it. THANKS!

I've done 10 lbs. It was pretty darn full, but it worked.

Alright, I'm going to start browning away! I'm sure it'll take quite a while! Thanks for the input!:D

So I made a batch of 10 pounds of ground beef (and the onions and garlic - for power cooking) at home and it worked GREAT! Then I did another 10 pounds when I got to the host's home. I'm so excited! Of course nobody bought the roasting pan, but I think I'll mention this more often. What a great way to power cook!

I just wanted to let everyone know how it went. Come to think of it, I actually put 12 pounds of ground beef in it at the host's home and it worked very well.

O.k. this may be a stupid question, but did you put the roasting pan on top of the burners or in the oven??:blushing:

How in the world could you get 6 pounds of ground beef in the 12" skillet??? The most I have done is 2! I usually just use the stockpot for more. Just curious about 12" though.

chefshawna said:
O.k. this may be a stupid question, but did you put the roasting pan on top of the burners or in the oven??:blushing:

How in the world could you get 6 pounds of ground beef in the 12" skillet??? The most I have done is 2! I usually just use the stockpot for more. Just curious about 12" though.
You can easily put 5 pounds of beef in the family size skillet. I do it all of the time! I brown it up, rinse with hot water to pull off excess fat, and portion into quart bags to freeze. Instant supper on those nights you are running behind!

ETA- it's pretty full, but still works great especially if you use the mix n chop!

chefshawna said:

Not a stupid question! I placed the roasting pan over two burners on the stove. Worked great!

Oh and I also did 5 pounds of ground turkey in the 12" skillet as well at the host's house. I can see how 6 would fit too.

I'll have to try getting more than just 2 in there then!!!

I've done three before, for Power Cooking, and it works great (I'm with Kelly...the Mix N Chop is a must have if you're doing Power Cooking shows!). Never tried five, but that would be interesting. :)

1. What size roasting pan should I use for a huge amount of ground beef?

The size of roasting pan you should use will depend on the amount of ground beef you have. As a general rule, you will want to leave at least an inch of space around the edges of the pan to allow for proper cooking and browning. If you have a large amount of ground beef, a roasting pan with dimensions of 15x10 inches or larger should work well.

2. How much ground beef can I fit in a roasting pan?

The amount of ground beef you can fit in a roasting pan will depend on the size of the pan and how much the beef is packed together. As a general rule, you can fit about 1 pound of ground beef per 1 inch of depth in the pan. So, for example, a 15x10 inch roasting pan with a depth of 3 inches could hold about 5 pounds of ground beef.

3. Can I use a roasting pan with a lid for cooking a huge amount of ground beef?

Yes, you can use a roasting pan with a lid for cooking a huge amount of ground beef. The lid will help to trap in heat and moisture, allowing the beef to cook evenly and stay moist. Just make sure to leave a little space between the lid and the beef to allow for steam to escape.

4. How long should I cook a huge amount of ground beef in a roasting pan?

The cooking time for a huge amount of ground beef in a roasting pan will depend on the size and depth of the pan, as well as how much the beef is packed together. As a general guideline, you can cook 1 pound of ground beef per inch of depth for about 20 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. So, for example, 5 pounds of ground beef in a 15x10 inch roasting pan with a depth of 3 inches would take about 60 minutes to cook.

5. How can I prevent my huge amount of ground beef from sticking to the roasting pan?

To prevent your ground beef from sticking to the roasting pan, you can line the pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. This will create a non-stick surface for the beef to cook on. You can also lightly grease the pan with cooking spray or oil before adding the ground beef. Just be sure to evenly distribute the beef in the pan to prevent any clumping or uneven cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
D_Patel
  • BethCooks4U
  • Products and Tips
Replies