• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

South of the Border Substitution for Ground Beef

In summary, ground turkey, ground chicken, textured vegetable protein (TVP), crumbled tofu, ground pork, ground venison, and ground bison can all be used as substitutes for ground beef in South of the Border dishes. Each option offers a unique flavor and texture, so choose the one that best suits your taste preferences. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time and seasonings accordingly when using a different type of ground meat.
Malinda Klein
Gold Member
My host wants to substitute ground turkey for the ground beef. Has anyone tried this? I don't have time to try it, cause the party is Friday night.

Malinda Klein said:
My host wants to substitute ground turkey for the ground beef. Has anyone tried this? I don't have time to try it, cause the party is Friday night.

Funny - one of my consultants and I were just discussing tonight using turkey instead of beef...I don't know why it wouldn't work - I sub turkey for beef in just about everything...

yes, it is yummy! I only use turkey in recipes that call for ground beef. :)

Ground turkey cooked by itself is a bit plain, but as long as it is cooked with seasonings I've never been able to tell the difference.

Would you use the same temperature guidelines for the microwave as the recipe calls for the ground beef when using turkey?

1. Can I substitute ground beef with ground turkey in my South of the Border dish?

Yes, ground turkey is a great alternative to ground beef in South of the Border recipes. It is leaner and has a similar texture to ground beef, making it a popular substitute.

2. What about using ground chicken instead?

Ground chicken can also be used as a substitute for ground beef in South of the Border recipes. It has a milder flavor compared to ground turkey, but it still works well in dishes like tacos and burritos.

3. Is there a vegetarian option for the ground beef?

Absolutely! You can use textured vegetable protein (TVP) or crumbled tofu as a vegetarian substitute for ground beef in South of the Border dishes. Both options have a similar texture to ground beef and can be seasoned with your favorite spices.

4. Can I use ground pork instead of ground beef?

Yes, ground pork can also be used as a substitute for ground beef in South of the Border recipes. Keep in mind that it has a higher fat content, so you may need to drain off excess grease before adding it to your dish.

5. Are there any other substitutes for ground beef in South of the Border dishes?

Some other options for substituting ground beef in South of the Border recipes include ground venison, ground bison, or even a combination of different ground meats. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time and seasonings accordingly to suit your taste preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sassypip
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies