• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Missing Products and Unreasonable Hosts: What's a Consultant to Do?

In summary, the conversation is about a catalog host who called to say that 5 products were missing from her shipment. The consultant put in an adjustment request for her and offered a small incentive for her trouble. However, the customer asked for something for free, which frustrated the consultant. Other consultants suggest giving the customer a gift or explaining the situation to them. The conversation also mentions a top host of the month and a missing product that was shipped to the consultant's house. Suggestions are made to contact the support staff at Pampered Chef for assistance.
ChefJWarren
Gold Member
My catalog host called a couple of days ago to say that 5 products were missing from her shipment! The UM, finger guard, kitchen shears and 2 tomato knives. She had 4 boxes shipped to her. I really thought that was a lot to be missing:eek: , but don't think she would lie. I put in the adjustment request for her and they are processing it. She emailed me today and said that one of the customers wants something for free since her order didn't come with everybody elses!:grumpy: I offered her a SMALL incentive for her trouble, but was kind of irked to do it. I guess I shouldn't be selfish, but feel resentful that I should make up for a mistake that's not mine. Oh well, I'll get over it.

To be honest with you if I have something like that happen I usually give them a season's best. Usually people are good with that...I can't believe that they actually asked you to give something for free because of it...maybe you could give her her $4 shipping back

ChefJWarren said:
My catalog host called a couple of days ago to say that 5 products were missing from her shipment! The UM, finger guard, kitchen shears and 2 tomato knives. She had 4 boxes shipped to her. I really thought that was a lot to be missing:eek: , but don't think she would lie. I put in the adjustment request for her and they are processing it. She emailed me today and said that one of the customers wants something for free since her order didn't come with everybody elses!:grumpy: I offered her a SMALL incentive for her trouble, but was kind of irked to do it. I guess I shouldn't be selfish, but feel resentful that I should make up for a mistake that's not mine. Oh well, I'll get over it.
I don't blame you at all for being frustrated... customers can be extremely demanding! The only think I can say is try not to think of it as fixing someone elses mistake but showing them that you are a great consultant and want them to be happy... I think by giving them a little something they may be satisfied, if not, well you did what you could!

chefheidi2003 said:
To be honest with you if I have something like that happen I usually give them a season's best. Usually people are good with that...I can't believe that they actually asked you to give something for free because of it...maybe you could give her her $4 shipping back
Thats a great idea Heidi!

I would say contact the customer personally. Let her know you have submitted an adjustment, sometimes just friendly words are all they need. You can end the conversation on a positive note by saying you are sending an SB or small gift for her troubles.

Thanks guys! You are all so kind hearted. I did approach it as "sorry for your inconvenience, I would like to offer you a _______ for your trouble".

In my newsletter i put in the top host of the month (highest sales)
the first time in over 2 years my "top host" emailed me and asked "what do i get for that?":eek:

Um How about $140 in free products , 3 50% off items & cookware at 60% off ??? :angel: idiots. :rolleyes:

Tell her she gets the fame.
I have my top hosts of the month in my newsletter, and my top ever for cooking, catalog, and fundraisers. I may give a gift to a host who beats those. :)

reba515 said:
the first time in over 2 years my "top host" emailed me and asked "what do i get for that?":eek:

Um How about $140 in free products , 3 50% off items & cookware at 60% off ??? :angel: idiots. :rolleyes:

Doncha just love the greedy ones? LOL

For some people, nothing is EVER enough!! Tell them to look around at all the other DS companies~ours is by FAR the best Host program!!!

First time ever with missing products....it happened to be the new Forged Cutlery paring knife......and I know it was missing, because it was shipped to MY HOUSE! I immediately went online and submitted an adjustment, but it seems to be taking FOREVER....Augh!!!!

I love all the support staff at Pampered Chef, so I phone in all my adjustments. Then I know they have received them and I write down the name of the person I spoke to on my adjustment form with the reference number. I know to follow up in a couple of weeks if it hasn't arrived.

Lorna May said:
I love all the support staff at Pampered Chef, so I phone in all my adjustments. Then I know they have received them and I write down the name of the person I spoke to on my adjustment form with the reference number. I know to follow up in a couple of weeks if it hasn't arrived.

I wish I would've done that.........:(

reba515 said:

I needed to tell you all what else happened with this host!!
First of all she had a guest check get returned to me (bounced) so finally after many many messages to the guest she finally calls me back says she'll get the check to the host for me to pick up.
Also I had added a trivet to her show (for a friend of mine) but also to bump her to the next level (aren't I nice!)
Back on track, I emailed the host asking if I can pick up my $$ and the trivet on Thursday or Friday she emails me back 4 days later!!!! and says I can pick it up today between 11:30 -12 .....ummmm OKAY. DD had a game so I said I would be there by 12:30 the latest.
I show up at 12:10 she hands me a check but no trivet, oh she gave it away so she just added $12 to my check !!!! :grumpy: :grumpy:

the freakin' nerve some people have is beyond my thinking!!

But there's more, I get home about 15 minutes later and there's a message on my machine saying its now 11:55 and shes ready to go out and where am I !!!??? well unless she was going to a "Don't bother brushing your hair Pajama Party" I am sure she wasn't going anywhere for a while!!

UNREAL I TELL YA!!!:confused:

What should I do if I am missing items from my Pampered Chef order?

If you are missing items from your order, please contact your Pampered Chef consultant or our customer service team right away. They will help you resolve the issue and ensure that you receive all of your ordered items.

How long does it typically take to receive missing items?

The time it takes to receive missing items may vary depending on the availability of the items and your location. Your consultant or our customer service team will provide you with an estimated delivery date once the issue has been resolved.

What if I receive damaged or defective items?

If you receive damaged or defective items, please contact your consultant or our customer service team immediately. They will assist you in exchanging the items for new ones or issuing a refund.

Do I need to provide any proof or documentation for missing items?

In most cases, no proof or documentation is required for missing items. However, if there is a discrepancy in your order, your consultant or our customer service team may ask for a copy of your order confirmation or packing slip.

Is there a time limit for reporting missing items?

We encourage you to report any missing items as soon as possible, but there is no specific time limit for reporting. We want to ensure that you receive all of your ordered items in a timely manner, so please contact us as soon as you notice any missing items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pamperedcheermom
  • PamperedJess
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies