1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Missing Email - Closing a show

1. topchef.heather

topchef.heather Member

What if my host doesn't have an email address? It won't let me close b/c it is left blank, am I supposed to use mine?

2. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

I just put my own in when it does that... or do a noaddress@none.com type of thing

Sep 10, 2009
  3. topchef.heather

topchef.heather Member

Great thanks, wasn't sure if it really mattered. There were actually quite a few guests at her show that didn't give me email addresses.

4. chefcharity

It should only stop you on the hosts tho... I think :)

Sep 10, 2009
  5. topchef.heather

topchef.heather Member

I think so too.

6. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I've closed shows in P3 without an email address for the Host- I've got several who didn't have one. It might show as "red" for the email heading- but never didn't let me close the show.

Sep 10, 2009
  7. pc_jessica

pc_jessica Advanced Member

same here mine never let me not close a show an i have had some without an email address.

Sep 11, 2009
  8. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I've found that if I put jibberish in there then delete it, the warning flag goes away. It will then let me close the show without a host email.

Sep 11, 2009
  9. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

I've had that too. I've discovered that sometimes I've accidentally put in a space in the spot while tabbing over to the next section, and P3 then says that email is not in a proper format. It doesn't seem to let me just delete the space, I have to go in and add soemthing, save, and delete and save.

What's more annoying is that I have some contacts whose whole order history doesn't show under their name. The reason is that P3 says that the email listed under their name on a show is not in the proper format and it won't let me hit "Update Contact," But it won't let me fix it either because the show has been submitted.

Sep 11, 2009
  10. chefcharity

Have you tried merging your contacts with like names? This will merge your history too..... just wondering :)

Sep 11, 2009
  11. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

No, she doesn't appear in my contacts twice. I guess I should have said "complete" order history. The one show in question is from prior to moving to P3. In old PP+ I could have edited the show info after it was submitted. Now that it's in P3, I can't even delete the existing contact and re-add her from the show because of the email issue. It's not the end of the world, it's just a bit annoying :)

Sep 11, 2009
Have something to add?