• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Minimum Orders for a Catalog Show

In summary, the conversation discusses whether it is acceptable for a customer to make her own catalog show in order to receive the stainless steel host special. Some suggest putting the order in someone else's name, while others mention that it is possible to combine orders for everyone at work to save on shipping. However, it is ultimately up to the consultant to explain how the process works and it is not their job to police the orders. Ultimately, the customer is free to make their own catalog show to receive the host special, and it seems that the majority of the group supports this decision.
dianevill
Gold Member
Here's a new one, at least for me. I know that we only have to have a minimum of $150 in sales for a show to qualify, and that there's no minimum number of buying guests, but what if one customer wants to make her own catalog show so that she can get the stainless steel host special? She's willing to buy $150 in product as her own guest, and then she'd have a host order as well. Is this acceptable? It seems odd that shipping will only be $3.25 for the whole show, but I guess if she's willing to spend over $200 (as a guest and as a host), then she should get a deal on shipping. :confused: Will HO allow this? Anyone run into this before?

Thank you!
Diane

The $150 is in "Guest" orders. If she wanted to do that I would just put the order in someone elses name. My opinion, not saying it is right, but it is my opinion. :)

I don't think I every had that situation. But to make sure you don't have problems, there is no reason you cann't use her mother, or sisters name on the one order and her's as the host. My mother in law is Mary T and I'm Mary A. So they wouldn't know if there the same person either since you don't use the middle name and you send the order in as a summary anyways. :rolleyes:

yes, you can do it! In fact, I just did it last month. :) Put the first order in under her husbands name up to the $150 in sales and then finish her order off under her name. That way, she will even get (I think) 15% off her remaining order. Don't forget to give her hubby the free cookbook with his order. :)

You can do it but I wouldn't encourage it. After all the discounts (don't forget she also gets 10% for a year and can buy the host special for 60% off.) are meant for people who do a party. If I have someone who gives me a large order I will give her something as a thank you gift (like a discount on her shipping) if she is not interested in hosting; and if she hosts I will give her something at her party. Personally, I think that kind of thing (plus the increases in gasoline and shipping charges :eek: ) is what is helping to drive up the shipping cost. It was $2.75...now $3.25...and Sept.1 $3.50. That's still pretty cheap but I had people balk at the $2.75 and not want to pay it.

Anyway, I have only run into one host who did it in one guest order. I always tell the host that we have to have at least 2 guest orders and explain how if she asks her friends to look at the book too, she'll get so much more. Most hosts that suggest that idea will magically have 2 guest orders but sales won't have changed. I don't argue.

I've also had people combine orders for everyone at work to save on the shipping. When that is obvious I mention the guarantee and the need for a receipt. That doesn't really work - the host usually says that she'll keep it for them. I let it go. I have had people order a TON for themselves so you never know for sure...

It's not our job to police the orders. It is our job to explain how it works.

Thank youThank you to all of your for your responses, and I'm glad that I can do this. Beth, I agree with your comments, but one of the reasons she's doing this is to get the monthly host special. Most of the items she's buying are for Christmas gifts, according to her. Plus, she's an excellent customer and has hosted "real" shows as well, so I don't feel she's really trying to take advantage of P.C., she just wants those stainless steel bowls and she doesn't want to wait! She's already scheduled to host a kitchen show in October, too. :D

Thanks again, everyone!
Diane

dianevill said:
Thank you to all of your for your responses, and I'm glad that I can do this. Beth, I agree with your comments, but one of the reasons she's doing this is to get the monthly host special. Most of the items she's buying are for Christmas gifts, according to her. Plus, she's an excellent customer and has hosted "real" shows as well, so I don't feel she's really trying to take advantage of P.C., she just wants those stainless steel bowls and she doesn't want to wait! She's already scheduled to host a kitchen show in October, too. :D

Thanks again, everyone!
Diane
I'm not saying she's a bad person! She is obviously a good customer to you and that's important. I have one friend who has a catalog show almost every other month - she should sell but she says not now and she does Longaberger right now anyway. Well, what SHE does is buy the items in the name of the person she's buying the gift for. That way the giftee has a receipt too in case she has a problem and needs to cotact PC.

I suggested that to her because that's what I do. If I have a show myself and need to add to it to get to the next level in my sales or, more often, the next $$ level for the month I look at my "to buy gift list" and get something off there. (everyone gets PC from me. ;) ) We, as consultants, can not place an order on a show (at least if would not be commissionable) but we can pay for an order for a customer if we choose (buy a gift in their name). I get so much of the product for free and for half price at the start of the seasons that there isn't much I ever need to buy that way but whenever I do, that's how I do it.

Hi Beth,

I didn't think you thought she was a bad person ;) . I just should have explained in my first note that she's not someone I thought was combining a bunch of orders to save on shipping. I like the idea of having her give me a name of one of the recipients as the guest.

Thank you!
Diane

What is the minimum order requirement for a catalog show?

The minimum order requirement for a catalog show is $200 in retail sales. This can be a combination of orders from you and your guests.

Can I still host a catalog show if I don't meet the minimum order requirement?

Yes, you can still host a catalog show even if you don't meet the minimum order requirement. However, you will not be eligible for host rewards unless the total retail sales reach $200.

Do online orders count towards the minimum order requirement for a catalog show?

Yes, any orders placed through your online party link will count towards the minimum order requirement for your catalog show.

What happens if my guests' orders do not reach the minimum order requirement?

If your guests' orders do not reach the minimum order requirement, you can choose to add your own orders to reach the minimum. Alternatively, you can also choose to cancel the show.

Do I have to pay for shipping on orders that are part of a catalog show?

No, as the host of a catalog show, you will receive free shipping on all orders placed through your show as long as the total retail sales reach $200.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • JaimeAnnR
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies