1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Might be a dumb question

Tags:
  1. rennea

rennea Legacy Member Gold Member

Ok, so this might sound dumb, but does anybody ever have a show were they don't do a demo recipe? My girlfriend has had a couple of shows in the past and she says she perfers the shows with only products set up a consultant explains products and answers questions. She just wants me to do veggies and PC dips, sounds pretty easy to me!!!

Sep 11, 2005
  2. No dumb questions!

Hi -- It's not a dumb question at all! I offer "Express Shows" which are shows with no recipe demo. I prepare a recipe before the show and have it ready or in the oven, then talk about products. I encourage this type of show the first month of each new season because it allows time to talk about all the new products. There is never a recipe that uses them all, and trying to do a recipe demo plus all the new things is too long.

I also often do these shows for groups who have been to many shows. It allows me to bring and show products I often don't show. For example, I recently did one with a group who have been to many shows and they wanted chocolate and like to bake. I did the new Molten Skillet Brownie when I first got there, and brought mainly baking products that I don't usually have with me: Springform Pan, Set of 3 Cake Pans, Stoneware Fluted Pan and Muffin Pan, etc. They loved it! It was shorter than a typical show, and at the end I told them briefly how I had made the Brownie and took it out of the oven.

~~ Jill

Sep 11, 2005
  3. chefbilyeu

chefbilyeu Member

Express shows are great! I like to bring a bag of potatoes with me, and do a potato demo with some of the products. There is just no better way to show how fast you can slice with the US&G without showing them! I can use the potato with the Cheese Grater, Utility Knife, Food Chopper, Zester/Scorer, Corer, A/P/S/C, just to name a few! You can use the potato while talking about the product, and they can see the results!

Sep 12, 2005
  4. dianevill

dianevill Senior Member Gold Member

Awesome demo idea

There's an awesome potato demo file on this site in the pcfiles, called potato_demo.doc. It showcases a bunch of products. Check it out!

Diane

Sep 12, 2005
  5. bbauman07

bbauman07 Veteran Member Gold Member

I have done 2 shows with no demos. The 1st I made the PC dips and 3 variations of the beer bread. I did talk about the products I used to make the foods and a few other products. Then we played 3 games and ended the show with an auction. The 2nd show I did was an ice cream social so agian I talked about the products and we played 3 games and I ended with an auction. This one had a hands on demo table. One of the games I used is the riddle cards(posted in the files section) It's fun and gets them hands on in the catalog looking at the products.

I hope this helps.;)

Sep 12, 2005
Have something to add?