• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mid-Season Product Availability for April Show Guests and Hosts

In summary, there was a show held where the guests and host were interested in mid-season products, but they were not available until May 1st. The host suggested having the show after May 1st and everyone agreed to wait for their products. However, the host also wants the Trifle bowl and most guests ordered more than $60, so they are expecting microfiber towels. The question was raised if the mid-season products could be added to the April show if the order is not entered until May 1st, but it was determined that this cannot be done. It was suggested to separate the orders for the mid-season products and see if it totals over $150, then enter it as two separate shows. The host would have
AMTC
Gold Member
I just held a show at which a couple of the guests and the host were interested in the mid-season products. I told them they weren't available until May 1st, so the host asked if I could put the show in after May 1st and everyone agreed they would wait for their products.

BUT - the host wants the Trifle bowl AND almost everyone ordered more than $60 so they are expecting the microfiber towels.

So here's my question - Even though the show date is 4/22, if I don't enter the order until 5/1, can they get the mid-season products then and still get the April guest/host special?:confused:

Thanks.

Sorry no you can't do that. April shows can't have mid season products added to them. May shows can't have the towels added to them.

You can separate out the orders for the midseason, see if it totals over $150 and enter it as two separate shows...

I did the same thing yesterday. I am trying to figure out what to do about the towels.

That is exactly what I was going to say! LOL!

That way she can have the best of both worlds. Count them both as a cooking show since you did have a live show.

That is my plan to do. The thing is the two guest won't get the dishtowels.

But won't that affect her Free Product Value?

how about splitting the order into two (if its more than 300 dollars). that way the guests who ordered the towels coudl be the april show, and everyone else could be the may show? if you have over 150 dollars in mid season products then put those in as the may show. even if it affects the free product value, the host gets two months of host specials and actually can get the free product originally totalled but just split in two, ya know? does this make sence? LOL if not ... IT MADE TOTAL SENCE IN MY HEAD! LOL

4kids4me said:
But won't that affect her Free Product Value?
Yes, because a $300 show is more in FPV ($40) than two $150 shows ($15 each)

But, she could just use consultant gift to pay for the difference. It would cost some, but most lessons learned the hard way do.:( Annie~ I am not saying that to make you feel bad...we have ALL learned things the hard way with our businesses! :) :)

Okay, I went back and looked at the show - there were only 9 orders total.The total show is $521.25 and only two guests and the host ordered the herb keeper. One of them ordered enough so that even if I remove the herb keeper, she still gets the microfiber towels. When I subtract $24 from the show total for the two herb keepers, the total is $497.25 - not too far from $500 where the host would be whole once I get her back up there.So I'm thinking I call the girl who loses the towels and ask if she would like to order anything else? She only needs $6 to get to the $60 and that will keep my host whole.Then in May I suck up the shipping charges and order the herb keepers on an individual order and send them to my host?Does that make sense? I think it could work.

KellyTheChef said:
Yes, because a $300 show is more in FPV ($40) than two $150 shows ($15 each)

But, she could just use consultant gift to pay for the difference. It would cost some, but most lessons learned the hard way do.:( Annie~ I am not saying that to make you feel bad...we have ALL learned things the hard way with our businesses! :) :)

That's okay, I don't feel bad - I know it was my mess up and I'm going to pay something for it...I'm just trying to figure out the way to pay the least...:(

AMTC said:
Okay, I went back and looked at the show - there were only 9 orders total.

The total show is $521.25 and only two guests and the host ordered the herb keeper. One of them ordered enough so that even if I remove the herb keeper, she still gets the microfiber towels.

When I subtract $24 from the show total for the two herb keepers, the total is $497.25 - not too far from $500 where the host would be whole once I get her back up there.

So I'm thinking I call the girl who loses the towels and ask if she would like to order anything else? She only needs $6 to get to the $60 and that will keep my host whole.

Then in May I suck up the shipping charges and order the herb keepers on an individual order and send them to my host?

Does that make sense? I think it could work.
I would add something to make that person's order up to $60 (things you could use as door prizes or for your own kitchen) rather than asking her to order more. And then put the May items on one order so there is just one shipping charge and put it on someone's show in the original host's name so that there's a connection for them if someone needs the warranty (does that make sense?).

BethCooks4U said:
I would add something to make that person's order up to $60 (things you could use as door prizes or for your own kitchen) rather than asking her to order more. And then put the May items on one order so there is just one shipping charge and put it on someone's show in the original host's name so that there's a connection for them if someone needs the warranty (does that make sense?).
Thanks Beth! That makes perfect sense! And I was thinking I'll just add something myself to that order to make it total $60 - I feel bad asking people to order. I didn't think of adding it to a May show, but that's a great idea! That will save me the extra shipping and probably make up for the $$ I have to add to that guest order! AND couldn't I use the host's past host discount when I place the order too?

oh no!:eek:

All three paid by credit card. When I order in May will PP+ let me place one order and use three different cards?

AMTC said:

All three paid by credit card. When I order in May will PP+ let me place one order and use three different cards?
Did anyone pay you by check or cash on that show? If so just put in the amount they paid via CC on their orders and don't enter the cash or check amount that equals the difference. (Make a note that they did pay just don't put it as a payment on P3).

Then when you order the herb keepers you will already have been paid and just say cash is payment type.

This is why we should be careful (and we have all done it) and order things in the correct month. You can make it work but it's too much work and too easy to make yet another mistake.

Thanks Beth!

I honestly wasn't trying to pull anything - I just was thinking I could order them after May 1st and I wasn't even thinking about the fact that it's an April show would be a problem. Live and Learn.

Thanks so much for your help!

AMTC said:
Thanks Beth!

I honestly wasn't trying to pull anything - I just was thinking I could order them after May 1st and I wasn't even thinking about the fact that it's an April show would be a problem. Live and Learn.

Thanks so much for your help!
{{{hugs}}}

I know you didn't mean to do anything "wrong" - you were just trying to help your customers. Don't worry about it! We are here to help each other through this kind of thing!!;)

Annie- I just wanted to say that when I did my own show a few weeks ago, I tried to pull out all the stops and play with the money I'd been given to make it all work for me to get the most host benefits and for the guests to get all the discounts I gave out without being out money. I have learned that it is absolutely amazing what you can do with PP3. And nothing bad, it's just when you want to please the customers, you do what you can. You're not cheating PC because they are selling their product, the key is figuring out how to not lose from your pocket- but the $24 herb keepers may be a breaking point for your next show and take them over the line to the next host gifts. That would be cool if it was.

You know when you put in the cc order, you can make it cover whatever you want it to cover, so if you put $100 on an order, but the person only was to be charged $71, you can put that in so the cc is only charged $71 and $29 is by cash/check- that way you never accidently overcharge, but can still put orders together, etc.

Or you could order a 25 gift certificate charging each of the customers what they'd be charged for the herb keeper. Then that could be used to pay for their herb keepers next month - you'd still be out the shipping but it might be the easiest way to pay for it.

tlennhoff said:
Or you could order a 25 gift certificate charging each of the customers what they'd be charged for the herb keeper. Then that could be used to pay for their herb keepers next month - you'd still be out the shipping but it might be the easiest way to pay for it.
If she did that she would have to order them via the direct shipping charges.

AMTC said:

Yes it will. Enter the first credit card and change the amount (it will default to the total amount). Then ADD a second payment type and do the second credit card with the second amount and then add a third payment

ivykeep said:
Yes it will. Enter the first credit card and change the amount (it will default to the total amount). Then ADD a second payment type and do the second credit card with the second amount and then add a third payment

OH GOOD! I think this is the best case scenario. I'll order the three herb keepers and charge each of their cards $12.60 and then pick up the shipping myself!

Thanks so much!

And thanks to everyone for your helpful advice! I've learned a LOT on this thread about what you can and can't do with PP+!

You're all the best!!!!

Has everyone made the switch to P3?

AJPratt said:
Has everyone made the switch to P3?

Not switching until I absolutely have to! But I am taking the P3 training workshop at Conference this year.....the pamphlet on Conf. says they will have computers there to play with - my director is checking to see if we can use our own computers during the workshop.

I have not switched but I am running a copy of P3 and testing it regularly to see how it handles different things. Just as soon as they add in the booking report that I live by I'll make the switch.

Would it be easier to ask one of the ladies that ordered the herb keepers to host a catty show? Just explain to them that you are a pampered chef not a perfect chef and you made a mistake. That way everyone is happy and maybe she could get it for free.

1. What is "I Think I Made a Boo-Boo"?

"I Think I Made a Boo-Boo" is a handy tool designed to remove kitchen mishaps and stains. It is made with a unique combination of natural ingredients and is safe to use on most surfaces.

2. How does "I Think I Made a Boo-Boo" work?

The natural enzymes in "I Think I Made a Boo-Boo" break down the stains and spills, making them easier to wipe away. Simply spray the product onto the affected area and let it sit for a few minutes before wiping clean with a damp cloth.

3. Can "I Think I Made a Boo-Boo" be used on all types of surfaces?

"I Think I Made a Boo-Boo" is safe to use on most surfaces, including wood, granite, stainless steel, and ceramic. However, we recommend testing a small, inconspicuous area first to ensure there is no discoloration or damage.

4. Is "I Think I Made a Boo-Boo" safe to use around children and pets?

Yes, "I Think I Made a Boo-Boo" is made with natural ingredients and is safe to use around children and pets. However, we recommend keeping the product out of reach of children and pets and avoiding direct contact with eyes and skin.

5. How often should I use "I Think I Made a Boo-Boo"?

It depends on the frequency of spills and stains in your kitchen. For best results, we recommend using "I Think I Made a Boo-Boo" as soon as a mishap occurs. For tougher stains, you may need to reapply the product and let it sit for a longer period before wiping clean.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SnowChef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies