• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Microsoft Trial Expiring: What Happens Next?

In summary, the conversation revolves around the use of Microsoft and Open Office for creating and editing documents. It is mentioned that Microsoft is a paid program, while Open Office is free to download. There is a discussion about the limitations of the trial version of Microsoft and what happens after it expires. One person prefers Open Office while another prefers Microsoft. It is also mentioned that Open Office can be used for creating labels and that its features may be in different places compared to Microsoft. The conversation ends with a clarification about referring to Microsoft as Microsoft Office.
pjpamchef
Silver Member
This is probably a dumb question;
My laptop had a "trial" eddition of Microsoft on it, when the trial expires, what exactly happens. Does that mean I can't access things I've saved, or just that I can't get updates?

You can view your items, but you can not edit, or even highlight anything on there.

Go to openoffice.org, and download that. Transfer all of your files to Open Office. It works exactly like Microsoft Word, but it's free.

Download Open Office and use that.

Becky and I were thinking alike and typing at the same time! ;)I haven't been on enough lately for that to happen frequently!!!!

I use open office, but since its free, you get what you pay for. I don't care for it at all. I do use it though, and will use it until I purchase microsoft.

candiejayne said:
I use open office, but since its free, you get what you pay for. I don't care for it at all. I do use it though, and will use it until I purchase microsoft.

That's interesting, because I like it better than Microsoft. I can open almost any file sent to me now - and don't have to pay extra for every different type of program (like excel, for instance.) I haven't had any problems at all using it - I'll never go back!

janetupnorth said:
Becky and I were thinking alike and typing at the same time! ;)

I haven't been on enough lately for that to happen frequently!!!!

Nice to know it still happens, though. :p:love:

ChefBeckyD said:
That's interesting, because I like it better than Microsoft. I can open almost any file sent to me now - and don't have to pay extra for every different type of program (like excel, for instance.) I haven't had any problems at all using it - I'll never go back!

I got turned off when I found out that I can not make labels with it. I like it for viewing things, but if I am going to be starting from scratch with a document, I don't care for it at all.

candiejayne said:
I got turned off when I found out that I can not make labels with it. I like it for viewing things, but if I am going to be starting from scratch with a document, I don't care for it at all.

I make labels with it all of the time. All sorts of labels.

Click on files, then new, then labels - and there you go!

OHHHHH... see, I never saw that before! I'll have to play with it more and make myself like it! LOL

candiejayne said:
OHHHHH... see, I never saw that before! I'll have to play with it more and make myself like it! LOL

I think that's the problem - everything is there, it's just some of it is in different places than if you were using a Word program.

When you say Microsoft, do you mean Microsoft Office? Referring to it by just the company name is like telling someone to go to the grocery store and get some Kraft. There are a lot of products included in the umbrella of the brand name.

yeah, i meant office! thanks for helping me clarify that.

1. What does it mean when my Microsoft trial is expiring?

When your Microsoft trial is expiring, it means that the free trial period for a Microsoft product or service is coming to an end. This could include Microsoft Office, Microsoft 365, or other software.

2. What will happen to my files and data once the trial expires?

If you have been using the Microsoft product or service during the trial, your files and data will still be accessible. However, you will not be able to make any changes or edits to them without a valid subscription or license.

3. Can I continue using the product after the trial expires?

No, you will need to purchase a subscription or license in order to continue using the product after the trial expires. Otherwise, you will only have access to view your files and data, but not make any changes.

4. How do I purchase a subscription or license for the product?

You can purchase a subscription or license directly from Microsoft's website or from a licensed retailer. You may also be able to upgrade to a full version of the product from within the trial itself.

5. What happens if I don't purchase a subscription or license?

If you do not purchase a subscription or license, your access to the product will be limited to viewing your files and data. You will not be able to make any changes or edits until a valid subscription or license is obtained.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrny2001
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • vhadley
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Roadtripray