• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is My Host for Friday's Show Not Responding to My Calls and Emails?

In summary, the host has not responded to numerous emails and phone calls from the speaker since their initial meeting on Oct. 15th. The speaker has tried to contact the host multiple times and even sent an email titled "please call me about your cooking show," but the host did not respond. However, the host's friend has confirmed that she is telling her friends about the show. The speaker has been patient but is now concerned as the show is scheduled for Friday night and she has not been able to confirm any details with the host. She has left a message with a reminder to call her by 9pm tonight or the show will need to be rescheduled. The speaker regrets not emphasizing the importance of communication during their initial meeting.
Suzy Englert
I have a show on Friday night- I booked this show on Oct. 15th. As I was booking the show w/ the host and talking with her, I told her I'd be calling and emailing her to help her plan her show. She said that everything went to her Blackberry, which is fine. However, she has not responded to numerous emails and phone calls from me. I have not talked with the host since I met her on Oct. 15th. I talked with the friend she booked her show from, who told me that the host IS indeed telling her friends about the show.

Yesterday I sent her an email titled "please call me about your cooking show" to which she responded almost right away and said she would call me at 6pm. She did not call me, and I was home last night.

This morning I sent an email asking her to call me by 9pm tonight (I will not be home tomorrow night and she works full-time, so night is the only time we can talk) or her show would need to be rescheduled.

Usually I'm a very patient person and understand that hosts have other things going on in their lives besides their PC show. This is the first time a host has not responded to my phone calls & emails. And she may be my next recruit-who knows? Her friend told me she was out of a job.

Guess I just need validation that I did the "right" thing. I will try calling her tonight, but my patience is a bit low right now. In hindsight, my mistake during our initial meeting was not letting the host know the importance of my calls and how we would be working together as a team to plan her show. The things you learn after 7 years in the business!

Thanks for listening!

Suzy in Texas

I just had a host like this too. She ended up canceling on me the night before her party. I hope your host isn't as bad as mine was :(

Try leaving her a message that says something like, "Hi Suzy Host! I have been trying to reach you about picking an awesome recipe for your show. If you could call me back, that would be great. If you can't I will bring the ingredients for my favorite Pampered Chef recipe with a receipt so you can reimburse me. I will see you for early set up at (time). If you have any questions, please feel free to call or e-mail me! See you Friday!

Usually that works for me. I had one host that it didn't work on. I actually showed up at her house with ingredients in hand and she wasn't home. Her DH was quite rude to me (hey, she asked me to book a show with her!), and when I finally got a hold of her later, I was quite upset and let her know. I did burn that bridge, but honestly I don't want to work with her anymore. But like I said, leaving a message like that usually works.

Kelly,
Great idea-I usually do what you said! But my last message was to call me by 9pm or we'll need to reschedule her show.
Still not sure what to do-
Suzy in Texas

I would try her again and mention the recipe, as Kelly said, and see what happens.

Thanks-but at this point, since I have not talked with the host, I don't know if anyone is even coming to the show.

Suzy in Texas

Hathery said:
I just had a host like this too. She ended up canceling on me the night before her party. I hope your host isn't as bad as mine was :(

I had one the same, and it wasn't until I said "See you tonight, not to worry I will bring the ingredients". Of course, she called me back, but had avoided me like the plague! All I wanted was her to step up to the plate. I even sometimes let them off the hook and say "I won't be home til 9pm tonight, but please call me and let me know either way". Sometimes if they can avoid the confrontation or whatever it may be, it helps.

Since I have caller ID , even if I were home, I would let the call go to the machine.

HTH

Kelly8 said:
Try leaving her a message that says something like, "Hi Suzy Host! I have been trying to reach you about picking an awesome recipe for your show. If you could call me back, that would be great. If you can't I will bring the ingredients for my favorite Pampered Chef recipe with a receipt so you can reimburse me. I will see you for early set up at (time). If you have any questions, please feel free to call or e-mail me! See you Friday!

I agree - this usually works well...

My Director suggested that in my email, instead of asking her to call me, ask her to email me and give me information about specifics-# of guests she's expecting, outside orders, direction, etc. The host did emil me back last night. All that was in the email were my questions, her answers, and her name. Nothing about "sorry I haven't been in touch" . So I hope that the show will go well tomorrow night and that the host is ok with me-since we haven't "spoken" it's hard to get a read on her.

Thanks for all of your good suggestions!

Suzy

Suzy Englert said:
My Director suggested that in my email, instead of asking her to call me, ask her to email me and give me information about specifics-# of guests she's expecting, outside orders, direction, etc. The host did emil me back last night. All that was in the email were my questions, her answers, and her name. Nothing about "sorry I haven't been in touch" . So I hope that the show will go well tomorrow night and that the host is ok with me-since we haven't "spoken" it's hard to get a read on her.

Thanks for all of your good suggestions!

Suzy

Yeah, I could see how you would find it hard to read her....hope your show goes well! Good luck and let us know how it turns out. :)

Good luck Suzy!! I can understand how incredibly frustrating this must have been. Hopefully it will be a great show and make up for it!! :p

Thanks, everyone, for your support. When I got to the host's house she was not there (was out buying the recipe ingredients) but her roommate let me in. When the host did arrive there was no word about not returning my calls or emails. The show is just under $200 in sales right now. I was very clear that we need to close this show out by Thanksgiving and will call her at a designated time on Weds.

I'm guessing that the "under 25" crowd and those who use their Blackberries all the time (hope Im not stepping on any toes) think that they got the message/email but do not need to respond, nor does there need to be any dialogue?

The host's mom did book a show-which is fine. She is my age so is probably more responsible and will respond to my calls.

Suzy in Texas

Glad you at least didn't make the trip for nothing and that you got a booking. Hope it's not "like mother, like daughter!" :rolleyes: Some people have no manners!!

1. How do I become a Mia Host for Friday's show?

To become a Mia Host for Friday's show, simply reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant and express your interest in hosting. They will provide you with all the necessary information and materials to get started.

2. What are the benefits of hosting a Friday show with Mia?

Hosting a Friday show with Mia allows you to earn free and discounted products, as well as receive exclusive host rewards. You also get the opportunity to try out new and popular Pampered Chef products in your own home.

3. How long does a Friday show with Mia typically last?

A Friday show with Mia typically lasts around 2 hours. However, the length may vary depending on the number of guests and their level of engagement during the show.

4. Can I invite friends and family to my Friday show with Mia?

Absolutely! In fact, the more guests you invite, the more rewards and benefits you can earn as a host. You can invite anyone you think would be interested in learning about and purchasing Pampered Chef products.

5. What type of food or drinks should I provide for my Friday show with Mia?

You are not required to provide any food or drinks for your Friday show with Mia. However, you may choose to offer light refreshments to make the show more enjoyable for your guests. It is always a good idea to check with your guests beforehand for any dietary restrictions or allergies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Suzyengl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • Leanna