• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Messy Rice Pudding Disaster Quickly Cleaned Up!

I use mine for everything from picking up spilled coffee to smoothing out paper cuts. Plus, they come in great colors!I use mine for everything from picking up spilled coffee to smoothing out paper cuts. Plus, they come in great colors!
dannyzmom
Gold Member
My son dropped a container of rice pudding on the floor the other day - I was able to scoop up the entire mess off our tile floors using two handi-scrapers! The just a quick wipe with a wet cloth and DONE!!

That's one of those products I ordered when I was hosting. It was during the days of points, so I had a few to use up and chose that because it used the last of my points. I didn't think I'd use it. I love it. I use it all the time for all sorts of things, even cuting dough.

it picks up raw eggs from the floor really good too :eek:
or used coffee grinds !

Unconventional scraper useWe built a new house two years ago, and the water is so hard that my shower is just nasty if I don't keep up with wiping it down. But, the towels hanging around wet didn't always get dry very quickly and the bathroom was humid enough, so I started using my scraper to "squeegy" my shower to push all the water down the drain rather than just transfering it to a towel. It works great. I just received the avocado green scraper, so now I have a scraper back in the kitchen and to use for shows.

I too love these things! At my shows I hold one up and say, "This is a Handy Scraper. I dont suggest you buy one." It is funny to see every face in the crowd look at you in confusion..heheh. Then I say, " I suggest you buy TWO!" They are great for loads of things!
I second the eggs on the floor and coffee grounds! My mother too uses hers for a shower squeegie. We drilled a hole in the one corner and put it on a metal ropey thing for her to hang off her shower head.
I use a set in my scrap room as well. I love to alter things. Clipboards, paint cans, etc. I brush on the Mod Podge, and use the handy scraper to smooth out any bubbles in my paper, and get the excess glue off my projects. They are a must in my craft room.

What great ideas!

Related to Messy Rice Pudding Disaster Quickly Cleaned Up!

1. What is the main cause of a messy rice pudding disaster?

The main cause of a messy rice pudding disaster is usually overcooking the pudding, causing it to boil over and spill onto the stovetop or oven.

2. How do I clean up the mess quickly?

To quickly clean up a rice pudding disaster, first turn off the heat and let the pot or pan cool down. Then, use a spatula or spoon to carefully scoop up the spilled pudding. Next, wipe down the stovetop or oven with a damp cloth or paper towel. For tougher stains, mix equal parts water and white vinegar and use a cloth to scrub the area. Rinse with water and dry with a clean cloth.

3. Can I salvage the remaining rice pudding?

Yes, you can salvage the remaining rice pudding by transferring it to a clean pot or container. Make sure to leave behind any burnt bits or spilled pudding. You can then reheat the pudding on low heat, stirring occasionally, until it reaches the desired consistency.

4. How can I prevent a messy rice pudding disaster in the future?

To prevent a messy rice pudding disaster, make sure to keep an eye on the pudding while it is cooking and stir it frequently. Also, use a larger pot or pan to allow room for the pudding to expand. If using the oven, place a baking sheet or foil underneath the dish to catch any spills. Lastly, follow the recommended cooking time and temperature for your specific rice pudding recipe.

5. What are some ways to make rice pudding without the risk of a messy disaster?

If you want to make rice pudding without the risk of a messy disaster, you can try making it in a slow cooker or instant pot. These appliances allow for more controlled and even cooking, reducing the chances of a spill. You can also try using a different recipe that calls for baking the pudding in the oven instead of stovetop cooking. Additionally, make sure to use a pot or pan with a lid to contain any potential spills.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
akrebecca
  • Addie4TLC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Addie4TLC