• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Merrill Checks: Worth the Price?

In summary, the conversation is about purchasing checks from Merrill and the different opinions and experiences of the participants. Some have debated purchasing them but don't use checks often, while others have used them and received positive feedback. Some have also found alternative options for checks. The main concern seems to be justifying the cost and finding a use for them.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Has anyone ordered the Checks from Merrill? I used to look at the ones from T&C and think about ordering them.....and now that has transferred to Merrill - I know they are pricey......but I really like them - what do you guys think about them? Am I crazy for wanting them?

I don't think you're crazy. I think they are really nifty. I have debated purchasing them myself, but I don't really use checks with my PC account. I guess I could order them for my personal account when I run out next time.

I think they are cute as well, and of course I love to match...I am trying to cut back on spending until I make money. It sure it hard though.

Jilleysue said:
I think they are cute as well, and of course I love to match...I am trying to cut back on spending until I make money. It sure it hard though.

I hear ya there Jilleysue! I'm having an awful time! :rolleyes:

I've been eyeballing them my own self. I think that in the future, when I am a director and have some more money coming in, that I will be less hesitant to spend money on stuff like this. Mostly what I buy from my PC account are PC things or from other vendors at the local parties, and those people KNOW I sell PC, so I don't know if it would be worth it or not. I think they are really professional, though!

I used Identity checks. They have a Cooking Club of America design that has lots of yummy looking foods on them. I think the price is pretty comparable to Merrills as well... and I think you get a deal if you are a new customer.

I am going to get them eventually. My recruiter has them, and has gotten shows from using them. I'm am waiting because we may or may not be changing banks.

I bought the ones from town and country and got 1 order off of them but that was it for the whole box. They were really cool looking but I couldn't justify the cost.

I use the Merrill ones! I love 'em:) Checkers will often comment about them...

I rarely write checks, so I can't justify the cost.

I thought about ordering them from merrill as well... but since I dont' write checks out my PC account I could not justify the price..... maybe when I am a director.....

Wow! I write checks all the time! When I buy postage supplies, when I buy groceries for trial recipes & show ingredients, when I need to pay for events & booths etc...., at the Dollar Store for little things I need for the business....at Costco, Office Max, Staples......I'm writing checks all the time.

I know I could use a debit or credit card - but I'm bad about recording things when I use my Debit Card, so tend to only use it for gas purchases....and I don't use a CC except in emergencies or for internet purchases....

So I think I'm going to go ahead and buy those checks!:D

ChefBeckyD said:

Good for you!!

I thought they were cute as well, but can't justify spending the $$ on them either, I use my debit card for everything, as a credit card....so I get rewards points from Visa!! I love using my checking account and getting free things!

I don't keep track of my purchases on a check register like I used to; but I log in to my account everyday and look at the balance and purchases to make sure that there isn't anything suspicious or that my balance isn't too low:eek:

I Had Them..
ChefBeckyD said:
Has anyone ordered the Checks from Merrill? I used to look at the ones from T&C and think about ordering them.....and now that has transferred to Merrill - I know they are pricey......but I really like them - what do you guys think about them? Am I crazy for wanting them?

and my acct got hacked into so I had to close my acct :(

In the past I had "little chef's" or something like that but can't find them anywhere now :(

Now I just order pretty pastels and put all info on checks. Merrill doesn't allow email or certain other info but on my reg checks i still put my email, web site, consultant ID, etc.

HTH

liz

oh and another thing with those PC checks you HAVE/MUST take duplicates and I really don't like those either.

same here...
jenniferknapp said:
Good for you!!

I thought they were cute as well, but can't justify spending the $$ on them either, I use my debit card for everything, as a credit card....so I get rewards points from Visa!! I love using my checking account and getting free things!

I don't keep track of my purchases on a check register like I used to; but I log in to my account everyday and look at the balance and purchases to make sure that there isn't anything suspicious or that my balance isn't too low:eek:

where do you or who do you bank with that you get rewards for using your debit card?

tia

liz

[where do you or who do you bank with that you get rewards for using your debit card?/QUOTE]

I know you weren't asking me but my bank (U.S. Bank) gives cash back bonus for using your debit card as a credit card.

by the way Liz...are you ready for to reveal the new you yet?

jenniferknapp said:
I think National City gives points for debit card use. And I keep seeing commercials for Bank of America's "Keep the change" program, which sounds like a good idea. Every time you use your card, they give you the "round up" amount and deposit it in your savings account. So if you use your card for a $12.15 purchase, that's what you're debited, but they put 85 cents into your account.

lizcooks4u said:
and my acct got hacked into so I had to close my acct :(

In the past I had "little chef's" or something like that but can't find them anywhere now :(

Now I just order pretty pastels and put all info on checks. Merrill doesn't allow email or certain other info but on my reg checks i still put my email, web site, consultant ID, etc.

HTH

liz

oh and another thing with those PC checks you HAVE/MUST take duplicates and I really don't like those either.

Hmmmm, I DON"T want email/website etc....on checks...but I DEFINITELY want duplicates - that's the main reason I write checks instead of using my debit card....so I don't forget/lose the check info!

lizcooks4u said:
where do you or who do you bank with that you get rewards for using your debit card?tializ
My bank is NBT....I believe that they are really only in NY....but I think that more banks are starting to offer rewards for the use of your debit or credit.... just be careful, because some banks charge you to use your debit! Check around and ask...I was never told about it, I went to log in online and saw a button for "Visa Extras" one day, and that was how I found it....PS: I have received well over $100 in gift certificates for just using my checking account, and it is cheaper then having to purchase checks all of the time (I do keep a book on hand though) :)HTH!

chefann said:
I think National City gives points for debit card use. And I keep seeing commercials for Bank of America's "Keep the change" program, which sounds like a good idea. Every time you use your card, they give you the "round up" amount and deposit it in your savings account. So if you use your card for a $12.15 purchase, that's what you're debited, but they put 85 cents into your account.
Hmmm, that would be SUPER nice, better than gift certificates! I think I would make lots of small trips to the dollar store:p

this thread had me laughing, my DD said it wouldn't make a difference for you mom!! 98% of my checks are made payable to my husband.
Everything we buy goes on our Discover card. At the end of the month I write my husband a check to cover my stuff (candles, new shoes, candles, books, candles, Longaberger, candles you get the idea) .
He won't let me pay for my VIP shirts, office supplies, etc. & many times when I say oh, I bought this I need to write a check he just says never mind.

I was so excited Monday DD and I went shopping for clothes for our friend's funeral and we both fell in love with the same pair of sandals. We wear the same size now so we bought them in brown and black so we can share. I just said we have to make sure not to wear them to church on the same day and she said it doesn't bother me.

Seriously, though I think wearing a shirt, having a car decal, carrying catalogs is more effective than "advertising" by check.

Teresa Lynn said:
this thread had me laughing, my DD said it wouldn't make a difference for you mom!! 98% of my checks are made payable to my husband.

Seriously, though I think wearing a shirt, having a car decal, carrying catalogs is more effective than "advertising" by check.

I do all that...just wanted to add another layer....and it's time for me to order new checks....and I just WANT them!:rolleyes:

My DH has checks with Mopar cars in the background (his $$$hobby$$$) and he pays more for those than the PC checks would be for me...so I think I DESERVE them!:D

ChefBeckyD said:
My DH has checks with Mopar cars in the background (his $$$hobby$$$) and he pays more for those than the PC checks would be for me...so I think I DESERVE them!:D
You DO! :) Order them! Then you have his and her checks.

ChefBeckyD said:

OOoooHHHHhhhh.....then order away!!! You NEED the PC checks! :):D

chefann said:
You DO! :) Order them! Then you have his and her checks.

Exactly! Thanks Ann!:D

I just ordered some from Artistic checks (country kitchen design for our personal account, then Pillsbury checks for my PC account.) I just couldn't pay the price Merrill wants!

(Including shipping first order: 2 boxes side tear checks: $17.34 Second order: 2 boxes regular checks: $15.34)

Plus, I added a few things:
over the signature line: Join my team! Ask me how you can start your own business!

Put my phone number in as "address part 1"
address in "address Part 2"
Then, listed this: Shop 24/7 @ www.PamperedChef.biz/*******

I am writing them both of on my taxes for PC advertising!

ChefBeckyD said:
Wow! I write checks all the time! When I buy postage supplies, when I buy groceries for trial recipes & show ingredients, when I need to pay for events & booths etc...., at the Dollar Store for little things I need for the business....at Costco, Office Max, Staples......I'm writing checks all the time.

I know I could use a debit or credit card - but I'm bad about recording things when I use my Debit Card, so tend to only use it for gas purchases....and I don't use a CC except in emergencies or for internet purchases....

I totally agree with ya Becky! I am always writing checks for the same reasons as you:) And my PC checking account is positively free, so I feel I can splurge a little on my checks. (plus they last about 9 months, so that's not such a big splurge)

I didn't even think about that Lacey! My account is free too! :) Well, it's free for the first 15 checks written each month, but I've only gone over my limit once or twice...

Unfortunately, my PC account never has enough money in it to write checks! It's all spent on more PC products.

I like them because I have the car magnets, name tag, business cards etc. that match. The only problem - I make way more deposits than writing checks so I run out of deposit slips

I try to use them whenever I go make a payment somewhere. It always sparks a conversation!

Great idea

chefann said:

I now have Bank of America. (keep the change). so far, I am pleased.. you can sign up online.. with everything.. or I do know they have a referral program.. that if you have an account there, and your friends joins. you both get extra $$.. as far as the keep the change.. it is nice. they will match dollar for dollar (first 3 months, after a year :rolleyes: and then a percentage after that.) but hey, every little bit helps right... online banking is great.. I don't have to mail out checks at all.. I even sent a check to my sis in law.. and they mailed it right out for me.. so far, i haven't had any complaints..

Kathytnt said:
I like them because I have the car magnets, name tag, business cards etc. that match. The only problem - I make way more deposits than writing checks so I run out of deposit slips
I know....me too. I always have to get blank ones from my bank. (I guess that's a good thing though; to have more deposits!)

lacychef said:
I know....me too. I always have to get blank ones from my bank. (I guess that's a good thing though; to have more deposits!)

That's the main thing I use my bank debit card for....I do almost all of my deposits from the ATM machine, and then I don't need a deposit slip. Your ATM envelope serves as a deposit slip when you do it that way!;)

I only write about 10 checks a year so I can't justify paying for them when I get them free from the bank. I SO seldom use checks that I am STIL using ones with my previous married name on them (I have been divorced for over 3 years!!)

Related to Merrill Checks: Worth the Price?

1. What are Merrill Checks and why are they worth the price?

Merrill Checks are personalized checks offered by Pampered Chef, a direct sales company specializing in kitchen tools and products. These checks are customizable with your name, address, and bank information, making them a unique and professional option for paying bills and making purchases. The quality and design of these checks make them worth the price for many customers.

2. Has anyone actually ordered the Checks from Merrill?

Yes, many customers have ordered and used Merrill Checks. They have received positive feedback for their design, convenience, and quality. Customers appreciate the personal touch these checks add to their financial transactions.

3. Are the Merrill Checks more expensive than other options?

Yes, the Merrill Checks are priced higher than generic checks from banks or other check printing companies. However, the personalized design and high-quality paper used for these checks justify the higher cost for many customers.

4. Is it worth the price to order Merrill Checks if I already have checks from another company?

This ultimately depends on personal preference. If you are satisfied with your current checks and do not see the need for a personalized design, then it may not be worth the price to switch to Merrill Checks. However, if you value unique and high-quality checks, then it may be worth the investment.

5. Am I crazy for wanting Merrill Checks, even though they are pricey?

No, you are not crazy. Many customers appreciate the added touch of personalization and quality that Merrill Checks offer. It is ultimately up to you to decide if the price is worth it for your check printing needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lisacb77
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • sk8rgrrl99
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
DebtheCook
  • ivykeep