• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Merril Rubber Stamp and Name Tag

In summary, the rubber stamp from Merrill is a good investment if you use it often, but you have to get used to the pressure and customization needed to use it properly.
redsoxgirl
Is the rubber stamp from Merrill really worth the cost? Do you use it often if you have it?

Right now I'm using labels for all my info, but I'm wondering if this would be better for me. Although I don't like how it has to have your address on it - I'm not too keen on that at all!

Also - do you use the fancy name tag at your shows or do you use something else?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I bought the fancy name tag. I like that.I don't like stamps on glossy catalogs - never seem to stamp right. I bought my own blank labels so I can put whatever I want on there.And I agree - I don't put my address on my labels either. I want this information EVERYWHERE I don't need every Tom, Dick, and Harry knowing where I live.

I love the stamp, no more labels to print out, ink to run out of, my stupid printer not printing them right. You do have to get used to using it and the pressure you stamp with. I just hold the sides and push down, not from the top. On the catalogs, you do have to lay them out to dry for a little while. But it does seem less of a hassle for myself with the stamp. I also want to get an address stamp from them so I don't have to print labels out either for my address.

I don't wear a name tag but I don't wear an apron either, I want my guests to feel like I'm one of them rather than somebody "above" them

I have heard the printing on the rubber stamp is so small it's barely legible.
I have the magnetic name tag and again, the font is so small that unless the guests are sitting 18" away from me, they can't read my name.

It's not too small. I have a small problem because I swear the small "j" in my website looks like an "i" but you can tell if you look at it hard enough. I do think it's more efficient though. I just stuck labels on my post cards to go out and thought again that I need to get the address stamp too. I don't want to put my address on my catalogs and such so my first stamp I bought just has my name, phone number, website and email address.

Merrill only has that one stamp right?
Maybe I'll get one from somewhere else so I can put what I want on it

redsoxgirl said:
Merrill only has that one stamp right?
Maybe I'll get one from somewhere else so I can put what I want on it

They do only have one stamp but it has the logo on it. You can basically customize it as you wish. I wanted two different stamps, one to stamp my paperwork and catalogs with just my info and one to stamp outgoing mail with my address.

wadesgirl said:
They do only have one stamp but it has the logo on it. You can basically customize it as you wish. I wanted two different stamps, one to stamp my paperwork and catalogs with just my info and one to stamp outgoing mail with my address.

How can you customize it? I've tried and it always have address, phone and PWS on it.

I took off my address and added my email address. You can only put so many lines and characters on it. Next time I will get one that has just my address and website to stamp outgoing mail.

Okay, I just looked. I have
Name
Town, State
Phone Number
Email Address
Website

I don't feel comfortable having my address on everything so I left it off on the stamp I got for catalogs and such. Next I will get one with the address and website.

Oh ok. I gotcha now! :)
I'm not real comfortable with even the City and State on it since we'd be pretty easy to find with my name and that info.

I thought that I would share that I ordered a large stamp from Vista Print. I had it made in red in and it is very easy to read. Doesn't have the PC logo on it though....I put my name, home phone, and email address on it. I think it was about the same price as Merill. :chef:

I'm not real comfortable with even the City and State on it since we'd be pretty easy to find with my name and that info.

Unless your phone number is unlisted or you're using your cell phone number on it, you're easy to find anyway. Anyone can do a reverse lookup online to get your address. ;)

I don't worry about it anymore. If someone wants to find me, they can get my info from my license plate, or just follow me home. If they're that stupid, they deserve what they get. They'd run before they ever got both feet in the door at this zoo. lol

RebelChef said:
Unless your phone number is unlisted or you're using your cell phone number on it, you're easy to find anyway. Anyone can do a reverse lookup online to get your address. ;)

I guess that's a good point - I never really thought of that

We aren't listed and I use my cell phone for business use so I don't have to worry about that.

dannyzmom said:
I have heard the printing on the rubber stamp is so small it's barely legible.
I have the magnetic name tag and again, the font is so small that unless the guests are sitting 18" away from me, they can't read my name.

I agree with Dannyzmon- mine is barely legible once you stamp it, and every a, o, c, d, e, j, a, n, r, u, 6, 9, 0, gets globbed with ink, and basically filled in so you can't see what the letter is. I contacted Merrill, and they mentioned they were having issues with the font, and the ink being a little runny. So I tried to dab it before each use, which didn't work. I called them back, and they sent me a box of labels for free! I thought that was very kind of them. They are working on improving the font and the consistancy of the ink. She said they get several complaints per week about the stamp. One of the problems is that I have such a long first and last name (Kacey is my nickname) and all the website names that were short- that I wanted were taken, so they had to make my font small- and the downfall to that is the ink fills in the o's a's c's, etc... and makes them look like black globs. For now I use the labels. I don't have to wait for them to dry, either! :)

I only use my stamp on the pdf printouts from the computer (ie. guest special, host special, order forms, etc.) They are completely smudged on catalogs, so the labels are definitely better there.

I use the stamp, but I lay out the catalogs to dry. I will stamp maybe 20-25 at a time and leave them in rows to finish drying. It normally doesn't take long. I do like the idea of leaving the address off when I have to get another one since we move every 2-4 years. (military) Also, not a big label fan because I can't buy labels in my town. I did like them when there was a Staples just down the road.

One thing about the ink coverage... I did notice when I first bought mine that the ink was really thick and could come out uneven if I pressed on the top of the stamp. I just used light pressure and held onto the sides of the stamp to make it look better. As I've stamped more, it seems to be getting better, like the ink was very "watery-thick" like when you first get it and starts getting better with use. I won't go back to labels except for things that I cannot stamp like recipe cards as soon as I get the one with my address on it. Labels seem really expensive to me and my printer doesn't really like them!

Related to Merril Rubber Stamp and Name Tag

1. What is the purpose of the Merril Rubber Stamp and Name Tag?

The Merril Rubber Stamp and Name Tag is a versatile tool that allows you to easily label and customize your kitchen items, recipe cards, and other household items. It also serves as a professional name tag for cooking parties and events.

2. Can the Merril Rubber Stamp and Name Tag be customized with my name?

Yes, the Merril Rubber Stamp and Name Tag can be customized with your name. Simply provide us with the name you would like on the stamp and we will create a personalized stamp for you.

3. Is the Merril Rubber Stamp and Name Tag dishwasher safe?

No, the Merril Rubber Stamp and Name Tag is not dishwasher safe. To clean, simply wipe with a damp cloth and dry before storing.

4. Can the Merril Rubber Stamp and Name Tag be used on any surface?

The Merril Rubber Stamp and Name Tag is most effective on smooth surfaces such as paper, plastic, and glass. It may not work as well on textured surfaces or fabrics.

5. How long does the ink last on the Merril Rubber Stamp and Name Tag?

The ink on the Merril Rubber Stamp and Name Tag can last for thousands of impressions before needing to be re-inked. When the ink starts to fade, simply purchase a refill ink pad to keep using your stamp.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • pamperedkel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefErika
Replies
Views
DebbieJ