• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your Time and Profits with Express Shows

In summary, the host pays the participant for the ingredients. The "walk through the catalog" is a demonstration of the products. The key to a successful show is a good host.
lisacb77
I have heard a lot about these and I'd like to do more of them. I love the thought of cutting down on my time to do shows and maybe I can do more this way!

How does it work? I know you bring a recipe prepared. Do you have the host pay you back for the ingredients? And I've heard on here the "walk through the catalog" (Rae??)...how does that work and differ from a demo?

I would love to have my idea refined to offer in time for the new year. Thanks in advance :D

I've done 1 express 1hr lunch show and brought the recipe made. The host did reimburse me for the ingredients.
As they browsed throught the catty ordering I explained some of the products that I brought and went over the specials.
It was a small party of 3 but she qualified (barely) getting 2 additiontal outside orders.

I have also done one of these. The hostess made one item and I made the other during prep time before the guests arrived. I didn't have a great experience with it just because the hostess didn't try very hard to get people there...and as hard as I tried, she just wasn't that excited about her show. I also went over the specials and a few of the products, but I don't know... it seemed like everybody was just wanting to eat and I feel like I didn't really "bond" with the audience... even though I went through my normal thing, they were so involved in the catalogs and food that they didn't listen...but it could have just been that crowd. I would try it again, with hopefully a better host.

The key Kim is to have a good hostess. I have has hosts that didn't care too much about the show and in the end it showed, barely qualifying. I have done a show like this before and the only problem I had doing it was remembering how I put the recipe together LOL Better luck next time : )

I like the idea of prepping when you arrive. That way the host can still buy the food, but the guests don't have to wait around for it to cook. It may also allow me to demo some recipes with a longer cook time...

I think no matter what, hosts are good or not. So either way, it sure would be nice to cut down on my time at the shows and spend more time with DH...I don't think he'd mind as much if I was gone for more like 2-3 hours than 4 or more (including travel time).

I did one like this too. I made the Garden Florentine Ring. I actually did all all the prep at home before I got there so all I had to do was put it on the rolls and on my stone and bake when I arrived.
Instead of doing a demo or a "speach" I do the Queen of the shoppers game. This way I talk about the products but not too much.

My show last night was great....she said some would be there, but then would have to leave early. So she wanted me to have something ready, and make something in front of them. I made some bacon & cheddar pinwheels & put them in the oven as guests were arriving. Then we talked about fave products, I talked about specials & such, then I made the chocolate chip cannoli dip. They ate & ordered....& I was only gone from my house for 2 hours and 15 minutes:) I liked it very much! I'm too "old school" to not do any type of demo, but this really made it nice to shorten the show so guests could leave within an hour, plus I got home early too.

My express shows I do as lunchtime shows for teachers, businesses, etc.....I just was talking to my host for one I'm doing after Thanksgiving - it's a Pediatrician's office - all women (Dr's & nurses) and they are so excited about me coming in! I have from 11:45 to 1:15 for the whole show (including order taking!) I am going to bring new products & gift ideas, and for food, I will bring dips and chips/veggies, and display them on SA, and then either profiterole puffs or Tuxedo Brownie Cups, and finish them as the "demo". Go over the catalog and Gift Sets flyer (found on here), and take orders. Some of these shows have been my most successful $-wise...but I don't get alot of bookings from them - although I do get yearly repeat business!

Or you could bring the recipe and do the amazing potato or cucumber demo- showcasing as much product using 1 of those.

Oh Lacy, that's good to hear! Maybe for my show next weekend I will make the Choc Pecan Tart when I get there and do the Choc Cannoli Dip as the demo live. She might have a big group so this is a good chance to test the express option!

lisacb77 said:
Oh Lacy, that's good to hear! Maybe for my show next weekend I will make the Choc Pecan Tart when I get there and do the Choc Cannoli Dip as the demo live. She might have a big group so this is a good chance to test the express option!

Yes, it worked well; it gave the guests time to visit & still leave in time to do other things. Plus, I got home early too!:)

Well good! I'll let you know how it goes :D

lisacb77 said:
Well good! I'll let you know how it goes :D

I find bringing less is key for me to get out early! If it's there I want to talk about it, and you just can't talk about everything. lol. Besides you want to keep something for the shows booked off those shows.

I also like to bring an extra crate I put a garbage bag over/in and just shove all the dirty stuff in there.

I do the extra bin too Susan...it helps a lot!

Related to Maximizing Your Time and Profits with Express Shows

1. How long does an Express Show typically last?

The average length of an Express Show is about 30 minutes. However, it can vary depending on the number of guests and the specific products being featured.

2. Can I customize the products featured in an Express Show?

Yes, you can customize the products to fit your guests' needs and interests. Our consultants are trained to help you choose the best products for your audience.

3. What is the benefit of hosting an Express Show?

Express Shows are a quick and easy way to introduce your friends and family to Pampered Chef products. They are also a great way to earn free products and discounts as a host.

4. Is there a minimum order requirement for an Express Show?

No, there is no minimum order requirement for an Express Show. However, we do offer special host rewards for reaching certain sales levels.

5. Can I invite guests who live in different locations to an Express Show?

Yes, you can invite guests from different locations to an Express Show. Our virtual platform allows for easy and convenient participation from anywhere with an internet connection.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
AlowayFamily
  • gailz2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Andrea1627