• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Privacy and Engagement: Tips for Hosting a Stress-Free Party

recruits packets, recipes, and host info in a pile. She asks each person if they had a good time and if they want to take anything home with them. And then she asks if they are ready to book their own show. This is great advice!
redsoxgirl
At every party I've held, when people check out the pile up in a line and I feel like I'm being rushed to get to the next person. Sometimes I forget to ask about hosting or recruiting because I feel guilty that people are waiting.

What can I do to make sure I have some time with each guest and ask all my questions?

I go to an area outside of the show area/food area, a counter top, extra table, etc). When I close my show, I tell them "I'll take orders one at a time over there". I haven't had any problems with people doing it this way. Don't feel guilty if people are waiting, you are just doing your job.

If someone drops an order and runs off to talk to people, I usually fill it out and wait for them to come back to me instead of chasing them down

check out in a separate area. if people are lining up, just ask them to leave their order form and go eat/socialize and you'll call them up next.

DebbieJ said:
check out in a separate area. if people are lining up, just ask them to leave their order form and go eat/socialize and you'll call them up next.

This is what I do.

I tell them to go ahead and give me their order, and go have fun, and when I get to their order I'll call them.

I had the privilege last year of watching a director from Ohio named Cindy Wynne do a show - and she had the most amazing, calm, informative check procedure - I've since modeled my check out routine after hers.

She does the 3 pile system ~ She has one pile with host packets, one pile with recruiting info, and one pile with recipes. She asks each person if they had a good time, did they like the demo recipe, etc....and then asks each if they are interested in taking home some info about "doing what I do", she then asks if they are ready to book their own show, and then she thanks them for coming and offers them a recipe card.

ChefBeckyD said:
This is what I do.

I tell them to go ahead and give me their order, and go have fun, and when I get to their order I'll call them.

I had the privilege last year of watching a director from Ohio named Cindy Wynne do a show - and she had the most amazing, calm, informative check procedure - I've since modeled my check out routine after hers.

She does the 3 pile system ~ She has one pile with host packets, one pile with recruiting info, and one pile with recipes. She asks each person if they had a good time, did they like the demo recipe, etc....and then asks each if they are interested in taking home some info about "doing what I do", she then asks if they are ready to book their own show, and then she thanks them for coming and offers them a recipe card.

Some referred to this system as going down the mountain instead of up. It's easier to slide down than to climb up so you ask the hardest part first (recruiting), then the next is booking and finally if they've said no to both, they'll probably say yes to a recipe card.

You can also say something like I'll come to you so let me know when you're ready and you'll be next.

wadesgirl said:
Some referred to this system as going down the mountain instead of up. It's easier to slide down than to climb up so you ask the hardest part first (recruiting), then the next is booking and finally if they've said no to both, they'll probably say yes to a recipe card.
And, then they leave on a good note, because they've said yes to the last question, and you've given them something else to take home for free!I like the mountain analogy.

I haven't tried this yet but plan to. I have been wanting to change things a little. I love the interactive show idea. I feel that my shows are missing something. I am excited to try it out tonight!

Thanks for the tips. I recently have been having the same problem.

I LOVE the "climbing down the mountain" idea. I have had a hard time asking everyone about hosting shows... and certainly have been missing the recruiting boat too - because I always have SO many people ready to check out, and I'm always swarmed. I'm going to try and seperate myself to a different area and try this technique at my next few parties to see what kind of response I get. Thanks for the tips!

My director tells everyone ahead of time to put there order forms face down in a pile and she will call them when it is their turn.

I also tell them that if I don't ask them 3 specific questions (recruiting, hosting, referrals) that they will get free shipping.

Related to Maximizing Privacy and Engagement: Tips for Hosting a Stress-Free Party

1. How can I ensure that my guests feel comfortable and have their privacy respected during the party?

One way to maximize privacy for your guests is to set up designated areas for activities and conversations. This could include a separate space for games, a quiet corner for intimate conversations, and a designated area for snacks and refreshments. Additionally, make sure to communicate with your guests beforehand and let them know that their privacy is a top priority for you.

2. How can I encourage my guests to engage with each other and participate in activities?

A great way to foster engagement is to plan interactive activities or games that encourage guests to interact with each other. You can also provide conversation starters or icebreakers to help guests get to know each other. Another tip is to have a mix of group and individual activities to cater to different preferences.

3. What are some tips for managing the flow of the party and keeping things stress-free?

One helpful tip is to plan out a timeline for the party, including when different activities or games will take place. This will help keep things organized and ensure that there is a good flow throughout the event. It's also important to delegate tasks and responsibilities to other guests or friends to help alleviate some of the stress on yourself.

4. How can I make sure that everyone feels included and comfortable during the party?

It's important to be mindful of your guest list and make sure to invite a diverse group of people. Also, be aware of any potential conflicts or sensitive topics and try to steer the conversation away from them. You can also provide activities or games that encourage teamwork and collaboration to help everyone feel included.

5. What should I do if a guest is feeling uncomfortable or overwhelmed during the party?

First and foremost, make sure to check in with the guest and see if there is anything you can do to make them feel more comfortable. If they need a break, provide a designated quiet space for them to relax. You can also have a code word or signal for guests to use if they need a break or want to leave early without causing a scene. Always prioritize the well-being and comfort of your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ccrusoe
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
diradt
  • amandaC
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • JackieB999