• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting a Mystery Host Party for My First PC Adventure?

In summary, Lisa is considering hosting a party and is seeking advice from her community. Jeanie recommends hosting a mystery host show to get people interested in hosting their own party in the future.
lisacb77
Hello all...I am about to embark on the PC adventure! After going to a party Saturday and thinking about hosting one, I decided I want to jump in as a side gig! My mom's neighbor is a director and been doing this for a while, so as soon as she gets back from Conference tomorrow, I should be in!

I am really enjoying this board...I've read it every day and gotten lots of great ideas! I am less nervous about making it work.

I did have a question though for you all. I would like to host a party at my house as one of my first six. I've read a little about Open Houses and Grand Openings on here. What is the difference? Any tips or ideas?

I have also read a little about Mystery Host and thought that might be a way to entice people that come to mine. Right now I've been feeling out my friends and the ones that don't want to host their own, I'd invite to mine. I thought the Mystery Host drawing might get them excited to eventually host one in the future once they see all the great gifts they get!

I appreciate any input you all have. Thanks and look forward to cheffing!

Lisa

In my mind, there is no difference between a grand opening and open house. The purpose is to help you get your business started by demoing and showing the products and getting some shows booked (and taking orders). You can do it as a mystery host show and that may make more people attend and order (only allow the ones who order to be the mystery host). Invited everybody - friends, neighbors, relatives. Tell them you need them to help you get started in your business and there will be door prizes and great food (give prizes if they bring a friend who orders - you can even give free shipping if friend orders). Just don't overdo it on the food so that it looks too hard to host a show. Serve your food on PC products if possible. Good luck. PC is just so much fun!

Jeanie Gay

I think that most people would rather go to a mystery host just to get the chance to have to host benefits. Your family and close friends will go no matter what you are giving away, but for aquaintences and people you just met an incentive is better. Have a drawing with everyone's door prize slip, and tell them that anything not filled out (host a show/ become a consultant) means its a yes!! Then choose one slip from the bowl and that person gets the host benefits. Good luck and welcome to the PC family!

What is mystery host? It sounds like you host the party but make a drawing for which guest gets the host benefits without doing any work. Is this correct?

Yes. You do all the work, send out invites, do reminder calls, get food and do demo if you choose. And thjan, someone at the show or even someone who has helped by ordering and getting outside orders gets the chance to win the host benefits. I did one in June and it turned out to be a $1500 show. I choose to brake it down to 3- $500 shows so we more chances to win. I handed out a flyer that explained the show and it turned out to be pretty good.

Thanks!This is definitely some help! Do you have a copy of that flier you can post? That would be awesome!

I was also thinking about maybe the Season's Best cookbooks for anyone who brings a friend...but since I haven't even signed up yet (my director to be just got back in town from Wave 1 tonight), how does all that work? I just buy them and write it off as an expense? I have no problem with spending a little to make more :)

Look under the files and search 'mystery host'. You should find invites, instuctions, flyers and tips. Good luck and this is a fun show to have!!

What is a Grand Opening/Open House event?

A Grand Opening/Open House event is a special occasion to celebrate the launch of a new Pampered Chef business. It is a fun and interactive way for guests to learn about our products and services, and for the consultant to showcase their business. It is a great opportunity for guests to try out products, ask questions, and place orders.

When and where is the Grand Opening/Open House event held?

The date, time, and location of the Grand Opening/Open House event is determined by the consultant. They will typically hold the event at their home or a rented space, and it is usually held within the first month of opening their business. Guests will be invited to the event through social media, email, or in-person invitations.

What can I expect at the Grand Opening/Open House event?

At the Grand Opening/Open House event, you can expect to see a variety of Pampered Chef products on display, as well as demonstrations and live cooking shows. You will also have the opportunity to try out the products and ask any questions you may have. The consultant may also have special deals or promotions available for guests to take advantage of.

Do I need to RSVP for the Grand Opening/Open House event?

While it is not necessary to RSVP, it is always appreciated by the consultant. This will help them plan for the number of guests and ensure that there is enough food and product samples for everyone. If you are unable to make it to the event, you can always place an order with the consultant afterwards.

Can I bring a friend to the Grand Opening/Open House event?

Absolutely! The more the merrier. You are welcome to bring friends, family, or coworkers to the event. The consultant will be happy to introduce them to Pampered Chef and answer any questions they may have. It's a great way to introduce others to our products and potentially earn some rewards for your own purchases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Christa
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pamperedangie
  • amybee
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
amybee
  • ChefMrs.Ray