• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Interaction: Tips for Engaging Guests at Your Home Show

In summary, while the show had 7 people in attendance, no one spoke, which made it feel like a lecture. Suggestions on how to get guests more involved were offered, including having them talk and share with others during the show.
hramsey17
I did my third show this past Saturday evening, and while there were 7 people attending in addition to the host, and everyone placed an order (we're @ $300 so far and still orders are supposed to be coming in before we close it in a few days), I feel like there was just so much empty space and silence during the show. I had each of the guests help with the two recipes we made (Almond Raspberry Cookies and Cranberry Bark), but NO ONE spoke while people were helping. SILENCE...... Ugh! If people know me, they know I talk all the time, so to have everyone not speaking was driving me nuts! Maybe it was because everyone there had already been to a show except one guest, and most had the majority of the catalog already.

So what do you do during the silence? I tried to chat with them, but even then they didn't talk much. I felt like I was standing there giving a lecture, and I hate that. I want to feel more like I'm telling my friends about my favorite stuff. Any suggestions on how to get guests more involved?

Thanks!

Maybe say, well while we're doing this step, how 'bout you tell us how you know hostess, what your favorite PC item is and WHY everyone HAS to have it...sometimes that'lll start the ball rolling and then you can't get them to shut up, lol. Sat. night my guests were saying, Oh NO, that's not as good as XX is, really YOU think so, well I like this better because and they sold more items than I could have.

HTH

Lisa

That is when I tell them about the products they are using to make the recipe.

Also try and add some humor into the show. Joke around with the guests. Have fun!

Asking questions that can't be answered with a yes or no works well."Can anyone tell me why this is the best bowl ever?""Anyone love our cookware? Why?""What do you like best about our scrapers?"

My #1 "silence filling" question is--Who has a Pampered Chef favorite that we haven't used yet? Then whoever answers needs to tell everyone why they love it. Usually gets the conversation flowing.

Ask questions - do they like the tool they're using, what else can they use it for, what favorite product do they want to share. The guests should be doing as much of the talking as possible.

In the beginning, I tell everyone that I welcome them to talk out, it's boring if I do all the talking. I tell them to share with others when we are using a product they have and love. I also tell them to let us know if they know uses that I don't discuss, or if they have questions. I've only done 10 shows, but I haven't had a silent group yet!

Thank you for all the suggestions! They are all great! Can't wait till my next show to use them and have a LOUD show instead of a a silent one!

I made about 8 cards that have frequently asked questions and things I don't want to forget to mention - Bridal Registries, the host and guest special, the opportunity, etc and pass them out to guests as they arrive. When there is down time, I have the guests read a question. I number the back of the cards so we will definitely get to the cards I want to get to. works pretty well and I don't forget to tell guests anything!

1. What is "Filling the Silence..." all about?

"Filling the Silence..." is a cooking technique used to prevent food from drying out or sticking to the pan. It involves adding small amounts of liquid, such as water or broth, to create steam and keep the food moist.

2. When should I use the "Filling the Silence..." technique?

This technique is best used when cooking foods that are prone to drying out, such as chicken or fish. It can also be helpful when sautéing vegetables or making sauces to prevent them from sticking to the pan.

3. How much liquid should I add when "Filling the Silence..."?

The amount of liquid will vary depending on the type of food and the size of the pan. As a general rule, start with a small amount, about 1/4 cup, and add more as needed to keep the food moist.

4. Can I use any type of liquid when "Filling the Silence..."?

Yes, you can use any type of liquid, such as water, broth, wine, or even citrus juice. Just make sure to choose a liquid that will complement the flavors of your dish.

5. Are there any tips for successfully using the "Filling the Silence..." technique?

One tip is to add the liquid gradually, rather than all at once, to avoid making the dish too watery. Also, make sure to cover the pan with a lid or foil to trap the steam and keep the food moist. Experiment with different liquids and amounts to find what works best for your specific dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tinawhite07
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
amyscookinggear
  • Lexif424
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • KimberleePowell