• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Host Rewards: Insights from a Recent Show

In summary, the host of this conversation had a show with only $412 in sales, which was lower than she had expected. However, others in the conversation reassured her that this is not a bad amount and that sometimes people are just not able to spend a lot at certain times. They also offered tips for getting more sales in the future, such as contacting out of town friends and following up with guests. Overall, the host was encouraged and reminded that every show is different and she should not let this one bother her.
ChefChris
Gold Member
Have any of you run across this? I had a show on Monday night - the host has had PC shows before but not for a while. She really wanted the 2 knives for 60% off. She had 2 outside orders and 10 people who ordered that night at the show. It was a $412 show. She was disappointed. I know that from my limited experience if you have 10 people at your show you may not get bookings but usually they order some. These people mostly were ordering a little only 1 or 2 big orders. She was surprised at the $412 when I talked to her about her host rewards and if she had anyone else who may want to order. She remembers before her show was more than that. I told her that it depends where the people are in their life right now sometimes they order lots and sometime not. I told her that the company average is $470. It has been bugging me all week. She is new to my church and we have found quite a few things in common. She is very nice and I think could be a good friend. She is closing it tomorrow or Monday. Has anyone run across this in their business? Thanks

Last edited:
I can think of lots of reasons: back to school costs, just got back from vacation and have no money costs, that's not unusual for August. People are winding down at the end of summer, things pick up at the end of September. Maybe make some customer care calls, thanking them for coming, etc.

Don't let it bother you. It's not your fault that the sales weren't higher. Just have her close her show and continue to be her friend...that's what I would do. My best friend had a show that closed less than $300. She was pretty bummed out, but she didn't go out of her way to get lots of outside orders, and there was 5 people at her show. I send invites for my hosts, and she only gave me less than 20 names/addresses. She should feel fortunate, however, as she had a PL show one time, no one showed up at all. At least she got some free/discounted stuff. So, it happens.

You should talk to her about joining your team...

Keep yourself encouraged! This happens sometimes. My first $1000 host had a show of only $500 a year later. People can be in different situations at times. If the host is truly worried about the show total- did she contact out of town friends/family that could order online? I'd follow-up with MAC (morning after call) to all your guests. Let them know when you are closing the show. They may want to add something- or share a catalog with a friend.

Every show is different. It may be that there have been several shows lately among this group. Don't worry about it. If she's disappointed, remind her that this happens sometimes, and her next party may have your top sales.

thanks for the encouragement - I just haven't been through a whole year yet and so this helps me lots. I will close the show and put it behind me. It was a $412 show which is better than $300 or below so she should be happy - she didn't contact family/friends outside the area for orders and only had 2 outside orders so I can only do so much. Thanks for all your replies.

Maybe for the future you could share with her the 5-15-5 principle.

5 outside orders before the show

+15 orders at the show

+5 outside orders after the show

Actually $412 for 12 orders is not really that low. It's about $35 per order, and while a little below avg., it's not shockingly low.
I wouldn't feel bad - but you could let her know you have some strategies, that if followed, will help her next show be higher!

Chris, In response to your question about the show, based on my experience I personally am satisfied with a $412 show and the hosts that I have seem to be excited about reaching this level. I have been a consultant for two years now and you will have your ups and downs but hang in there you can do this. I agree with some of the others in that people are sometimes going to have more money to spend at certain times and it does depend on what's going on in their lives. I think the success of the show depends on how much our hosts are willing to work with us as it is a joint effort. I have a copy of a little story someone gave me in our cluster meeting entitled "A tale of two hostesses" basically it shows how different the outcome of a show is when you have an enthusiastic host and one who is not. I put a copy of this in my host packets and encourage the host to read it. If you would like a copy send me your e-mail address and I will send it to you.

Also, remember to have your host invite people that you have never met before as this is a great way to widen your circle of host and customer potential.

Susan (Chefsuzn). My e-mail address is [email protected]

I had a show last week that was at $420 when I left it... the hostess was also a bit disappointed. I was, frankly, surprised when I added up the orders as there were a lot of people there (probably 15, hard to tell b/c it was a social, in-and-out kind of group) and most of them placed orders. But, she also does direct sales and did a combination PC party and summer clearance for her own biz. She knew up front that some of the people were coming just for her jewelry, others were coming just for PC. And of course, if people were buying jewelry, that means less money for them to spend on PC. She ended up closing it at $500, and I had 3 bookings from it, so I personally was happy and I think the booking benefits made her happy too. Anyway, you never know what's going on, and one group of people may just be dealing with other expenses, or maybe unfortunately it's a group that really isn't into PC and they came/placed orders more out of a sense of duty to the host. I wouldn't spend too long trying to figure out the reason why, and remember that a show "average" is just that... some will be lower and some will be higher.

If she is that disappointed suggest she keep it open for a few more days and email long-distance friends/relatives a link to the online show.

If the host is mostly disappointed in how much she has earned in host incentives from her show, be sure to remind her of some of our less visible incentives: 1) the host does not pay shipping on her order ; 2) sales tax is paid only on any balance due, NOT the retail value; 3) 10 % off for the next year at any show with any consultant; 4) opportunity for 60% off of selected products from folks who book from her show. If she has no bookings yet, be sure to try and re-book HER and then she would enjoy TWO bonus options the month she has her next show (if within 6 months). These "extra" incentives really add up and are good verbage to use with a disappointed host.
...I'm with the others though...412 in my area, at the show, is a good amount. More is always better but this is not a terrible show.

Hey--she wanted the two knives at 60% off & can get them--she shouldn't be so disappointed! She can always rebook for another time of year & get more--maybe November so guests can get Christmas gifts.

What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef show?

Hosting a Pampered Chef show is a great way to earn free and discounted products, learn new cooking skills, and have a fun and interactive experience with your friends and family.

How do I schedule a Pampered Chef show?

To schedule a Pampered Chef show, simply reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant and they will work with you to find a date and time that works best for you and your guests.

What type of products can I expect to see at a Pampered Chef show?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, and pantry items. Some popular products include the Stoneware Collection, Quick Cooker, and Mix 'N Chop. Your consultant will have a variety of products available for you and your guests to see and try.

Is there a cost to hosting a Pampered Chef show?

No, there is no cost to host a Pampered Chef show. In fact, as a host, you can earn free and discounted products based on the sales from your show.

Can I host a Pampered Chef show online?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers the option to host a virtual show online. This is a great way to connect with friends and family who may not be able to attend an in-person show. Your consultant can provide more information on how to host a virtual show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom