• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Bookings: Tips for New Consultants

no problem, they don't have to. But I've had friends book out of the blue and it's been great!)When people RSVP for a show, I always send out a confirmation email and ask if they'd like me to do a 'book to look' game with them. I ask them to bring a few products they want to buy and I list the items at a 50% off sale price. I also list the $90 'must haves' that the guest must cross off. I've found that this game really entices people to book a show. They love the idea of getting product for free and the added bonus of being able to try out new recipes at their home
utopianaurora
In terms of bookings how do you get them to say YES!?
I am a newbie and am having trouble getting some bookings. I have browsed the site for ideas and gotten a bunch but most are for experienced consultants. I just want to succeed. Also what are nice ways to have your catalog passed around? Thanks a ton!
-Amber

Have you done an open house of your own yet? If not, you need to do this and invite all your friends and family. Then explain to them at your show that you need their help in getting your business started. Also ask them for referrals of anyone they know who may be interested in having a cooking or catalog show. I haven't had many catalog shows, but this is how I started my business in March. Bookings are going great right now. I always talk about the benefits of hosting a show at my cooking shows. I'm going to try something new tonight. I'm going to ask each guest to write on the back of the drawing slips 5 products they'd like to have if money were no object. Then tell them the cross off $90 of products and mark 2 half-price items. Then total what they would have to pay if they book a show vs buying out of pocket. This makes them see better what they would get for hosting. Also, make sure you show the host specials for the upcoming 2 months at every show. And, above all, make sure you have fun and keep things simple as a consultant. You have to show them it's a fun and rewarding "job" that almost anybody could do successfully.

Jeanie

Yeah Jeanie i have done my own show, it was so i could earn money off of the kit. I will have to try the idea of what you will try the cross 90 dollars off and the 2 1/2 price items. Good idea!:D

I like that idea too! It also helps in the future if one of those items is the guest special you can call and give them a "heads up" that one of their products is on sale!

Are you planning on doing a fall preview show as well???

Have you tried the "book to look" game? I know it can get expensive after a while, but I swear by it! My bookings have nearly tripled since playing this game. I usually get 2-3 bookings each show (if not more). Let me know if you're not able to find any threads on it. The customers usually like it, too.
HTH

Hi Sherrie,
Can you describe the "book to look" game? I did a search, but I didn't find it. If you have time, I'd love to hear more about it.
Thanks!

I am curious too what is the book to look?

Alright now you have me curious as well... what is the book to look game??

Everyone -- I'll be back later this afternoon, and I'll explain. I'll try to find the threads as well. I've got errands to run this afternoon as my 3 year old starts back to preschool on Monday. Talk to you all this afternoon.
Sherrie

Do a search on book to look , you'll find a ton of info.

AND JUST ASK everyone!!!
When you figure their receipts, ask them if they'd like to have friends over for you to cook for, and they'll get free PC stuff... if it is uncomfortable, as it is for all of us...even 5 years later... just tell them ,"This is my job, I have to just ask...would you like to get free products by hosting a show..."
Just laugh it off as a 'Job requirement', or part of your 'job description'...

Personally asking everyone is a must!
Good luck!
Stick with it no matter how rough it may seem at times, we all have those rough spots!
Nicole
Pampering since Dec. 2000

I'm a newbie too. I just finished my first Super Starter month with 20 bookings. Here's what I did (and please keep in mind I am NOT good at this kind of stuff - but it really does work):

At my first show (my open house for family/friends) I basically just laid it on the line and got 5 bookings. I explained why I started this business and said something like "I need your help getting my business of the ground. It would be a huge favor to me if you could book a show in your home and introduce me to your circle of friends." (Now, as I've posted in another thread, this has backfired in a couple of cases where friends did not try very hard as hosts; they figured just booking the show was good enough. So, be sure to hostess coach these people vigorously!)

At my 5 subsequent July shows, I used a technique my Director taught me. She calls it the "Three Questions" method. The idea is you always end on a positive note with each guest because you ALWAYS get a yes to at least one of your three questions. Here's how it works: When people come to check out, I have 3 piles. One is recruiting info, the next is a theme show flyer, the next is a copy of the recipe we made at the show. I ask them a series of three questions. It goes something like this:

ME: Sally, it was so nice meeting you tonight and I'm so excited you decided to decided to try out our stoneware. You are just going to love your new pizza stone, and remember if you have any questions at all or you need some recipe ideas just give me a call or check out my website, okay?

SALLY: Thanks, I'm really excited too! I've always wanted to try the stoneware.

ME (QUESTION #1): I'm excited for you - I know you'll be hooked. You know, I just have to ask you, would you be interested in learning a little more about Pampered Chef and how you could get started earning some extra money in your spare time? I promise - no pressure. But I'd love to answer your questions if you have any.

SALLY: Um, no thanks.

ME (QUESTION #2): No problem at all. Now, were you interested in taking a look at all of the fabulous theme shows I'm offering this summer? I think you'd just LOVE my Fabulous Freezer Meals show - it has been hugely popular and you will get lots of guests.

SALLY: Well, hmmm, okay, sure, I'll take a look at the flyer.

ME: You can take this flyer home and decide on your favorite theme. But you know, if you were thinking about having a show, let's pencil in a date tonight so Mary can get credit for your booking. I can give you a call tomorrow to confirm the date, or change to a better one. And you're in luck - I have a date left in September so you can get your next piece of stoneware for 60% off!

[SCENARIO #1: SALLY SAYS YES!]

SALLY: Um, okay, sure, that sounds good. Friday the 8th works.

ME: Fantastic! Now, here's your Host Information Kit with some catalogs and order forms, plus we have this great booklet on how to host a successful show. Be sure to read it tonight if you can, and get started on your wish list while all of those great products you want are fresh in your head. There's also some information here about my website and...(blah blah blah).

[SCENARIO #2: SALLY SAYS NO!]

SALLY: No, I don't think so - we are getting our ceilings peeled and our baseboards waxed next month. Plus we have 4 pitbulls and I have no friends and (blah blah blah).

ME: Okay, well, would it be okay if I called you in 6 months to see if things have calmed down a bit for you to host a show?

SALLY: Um, sure.

ME (QUESTION #3): Now, can I interest you in a copy of the recipe for that yummy Rustic Focaccia Bread we made tonight?

SALLY: Yes!

Wow Jen!!!! Are you sure you just started? ;) That is just awesome!!!!! WTG on a great month :)

20 BOOKINGS!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! I have been selling since February and the most bookings I have ever gotten from a show was 2! I am certainly going to try that method! Thank you so much for sharing!I do want add a little story I was told about asking everyone. At a cluster meeting, the director had some tootsie rolls in her pocket. She would pass one to a consultant here or there as they were walking in the door and told them not to eat them but to keep them out where everyone could see them. But she did not pass them to all of them. As the meeting was coming to a close, she asked if everyone got a tootsie roll. Of course there were many that said no. She asked the if that made them wonder why they didn't get one and of course they all said yes. She told them how sorry and that she hoped she didn't hurt anyones' feelings. She then told them that she was trying to stress to all of them the importance of asking EVERYONE at every show if they are interested in information about the business and/or if they would like to host a show. If you prejudge someone and decide for them that they are not interested, they will feel just like the consultants that didn't get a tootsie roll. So whatever you do......ASK EVERYONE AT EVERY SHOW!

Okay, it worked. That should explain all about the book to look game. Again, I swear by it. It's greatly increased my bookings. I've been doing this since March, and I've gotten 43 bookings. Like I said, I typically get 2-3 at each show, but sometimes more or less. Plus, always remember to book your host 6 months out. That secures them TWO host specials for the month they book IF they decide to follow through with the booking.

And -- I do NOT give any prizes until the show is held and closed. I just add whatever it is they earn for booking a show (bar board, microfiber towel, adj. spoons, etc) onto their host order when we're closing out the show. I also always put a tangible gift in each box (I'm using the Chinese take out boxes from Michael's). So, there's a twixit clip, and one of two coupons (10% off an order at the current show OR a free gift when they hold a show with me). I've only had like 2 people choose a box with the savings in it. Granted, there's more FREE booking prizes than savings certificates, too, but they don't know that. :)
HTH

soccermama said:
Wow Jen!!!! Are you sure you just started? ;) That is just awesome!!!!! WTG on a great month :)

Thanks! Yes, I just started, although I did PC several years ago but did not do well at booking at recruiting - that is one of the big reasons I'm so motivated to do well at it this time. I really give the PC Tele-Classes a lot of the credit for my success; I've learned so much. Not to mention I have an awesome Director - she's actually and Executive Director and is very motivated to help me advance in the company!

How funny, Jen! I was also a consultant several years ago, and didn't do well that time around... started up again last Sept!!!! So wonderful that you're doing well this time (I'm haning in there... but determined to do WELL and be director within the next year!!!!)

Well if we all help each other out then we will all make our goals.. I love the suport of this site... thanks for such the postive feed back!! :)

You all have terrific ideas, i will definately try them out. Thanks a ton!:D
I am glad i posted, this site has given me great ideas.

Related to Maximizing Bookings: Tips for New Consultants

1. What is "What Works for You?"

"What Works for You?" is a program created by Pampered Chef that helps customers find the perfect kitchen tools and cooking solutions for their specific needs and preferences.

2. How does "What Works for You?" work?

This program uses a personalized quiz to gather information about your cooking habits, kitchen setup, and food preferences. Based on your answers, it recommends products and recipes that are tailored to your individual needs.

3. Is there a cost to use "What Works for You?"

No, this program is completely free to use. You can access it on our website or through our consultants.

4. Can I save my quiz results and recommendations?

Yes, you can save your results and recommendations by creating a Pampered Chef account. This will allow you to access them anytime and make adjustments as needed.

5. Are the recommendations from "What Works for You?" only for Pampered Chef products?

No, while the program does recommend Pampered Chef products, it also provides general cooking tips and recipes that can be used with any brand of kitchen tools.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennis
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • MomToEli
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Kurtkey
  • otisbg