• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Bookings: Insights from Successful Female Entrepreneurs

In summary, the expert recommends using a customer care card in place of a PC drawing card, scheduling shows, and recruiting leads.
J.Corley
Alright, you ladies who have had 8 or more shows a month, I want to pick your brain for ideas.

I only have three shows right now, 4 if I do an open house for November. What are you ladies doing that are getting you all booked up?

Let's share tips.

3-2-1 consistently.

Really - that's about it.......that, and the 30 Minute Chicken. All of my bookings have come from one or the other.

(right now - 9 Cooking Shows, 5 Catalog Shows for November) and finishing up 10 cooking shows and 2 catalog shows for October.)

AMAZING!!! Do you feel your location is an aide to your number of bookings? How did you come to getting that many cattys?

Phone calling is a must! Talk to strangers! Ask Everyone! Those are my 3 main suggestions. Plus of course it will snowball... the more shows you do, the more people you will meet, the more shows you will book. Good Luck! Oh- also I make a goal for myself for each month and then I stick to it so I make myself work and strive for different angles until I reach my goal.

No - I don't think my location has anything to do with it.......unless it's because the economy is so rotten here, and people are more willing to book for the free stuff!:rolleyes:
I use a customer care card in place of the PC drawing card, and then discuss the show options when people are filling them out. Then, after doing the drawing, I don't look at them until I am done with checkouts.....and I ask EVERYONE when they check out if they would like to book a Cooking or Catalog Show. At my last show, one of the bookings was from someone, who when I looked, had circled a 3 on her card. If I had gone just by that, and only asked the ones with higher #'s circled, I probably wouldn't have had that show! She wanted a show in January, and didn't think she could book one yet - so wasn't going to say anything.....except I asked!

I never used to mention catalog shows - and never got any....but now that I mention them, I get them at almost every show. They aren't generally as high $ as Cooking Shows - but they are a lot less work on my part!

oops! forgot to attach the card I use!

Attachments

• Guest Care Card(2).doc
    77 KB · Views: 355
What got me on track was something Linda Bowles taught me this past summer on a coaching call.

She said that my goal needs to be 2 shows booked from every show. For example, I have a show tonight. If I don't get 2 shows DATED tonight, I have to get 2 shows booked on my calendar before my next show (Friday). When we did the call, I had nothing. So I scheduled 2 shows. I needed to schedule 2 more before the next show so I did that giving me 4. It's been great! So easy!

I am at 8 for this month finally. Because the 2 bookings aren't always for the next month (I try my best!) and sometimes it just doesn't work out that way!

I hope that makes sense... if not, PM me and I'll try to be more clear! :)

As many have said, the phone has to get to be your friend if it isn't already. I can tell you exactly when my business took off for me. I decided to use May (this was 2 1/2 years ago) to DOUBLE my regular amount of Cooking Shows. It was a great month to do it because of HWC (so just pick a month that has a great host special or there's a great excuse to host - the HOLIDAYS!!:) ) so I just got on the phone with the goal to make it seem SO appealing to have a show. It truly wasn't hard when there was a good excuse to go along with it. So, I basically booked twice as many shows as usual. As crazy as that was, it was way worth it. My bookings increased just because I get most of my bookings from shows. REcruit leads increased and my business was just much more in the forefront of my mind. It helped to have it right on my mind so I brought it up much more in conversation, etc.

Another great idea I've heard from someone whose bookings had dried up was she got on the phone and literally started with the VERY first customer in PP. She'd call them and say something like "I know I haven't followed up with you in months/years/WAY TOO LONG, but I'm just trying to reconnect with my customers to see how all of your PC products are working out for you..." and just start a conversation from there. She said she felt kind of stupid going back to customers from years ago, but most were so happy to hear from her. She got lots of bookings this way and led into that conversation by mentioning what great specials were coming up and the fun theme shows that tie in very nicely to the holidays. Try it!! Try it for a week straight (make a goal of 3-5 calls per day - LIVE calls) and see what happens to your business.

That's my two cents!:)

really, what everyone is suggesting just goes back to 3-2-1 consistently!

IF you are making 3 live contacts a day (from phone calls, shows, people you meet, etc....) - you WILL get bookings!

Becky is right! I was in a slump a year ago exactly and did 5 calls a day no matter what for two straight weeks. Got bookings through March! Then I slacked off... I had a "full" calendar so I didn't try as hard and didn't stay on the phone. Results: 2 shows in June and 2 in July. Now with the 2 bookings from every show routine, it's been so much easier to stay on track. And the most important thing: I DON'T LET MYSELF OFF THE HOOK! :D

Love this thread, thanks!!

I had 10 shows in September, 9 in October, and I currently have 9 shows in November and 2 caddies in November. (I work full-time outside of PC) I really spend time showing the pictures of the recipes, whether I am using the PC flip chart cards or pictures from the recipe books. I bring the host specials with me, so people can see them in person. I tell them the many uses of each of the items. I use the phrase "When you book" throughout my show. I assume all will book. I talk about the ongoing host specials the current host will get, and how future hosts will already have their first order with the current host. I always rebook the host for 6 months out (new season, and double host specials). I book at least 3 with the host at every show.

If you have the opportunity to go to another consultant's show, you may find some other strategies you haven't thought of.

I use this when I call past customers, hosts, potentials, etc....

First, look up what they bought, or check your Door Prize Slips for what they are interested in (I have mine write Wish List things on the back of them).

Then, call and say this:

"Oh my gosh! I thought of you right away --- our _______ (fill in the blank with their Wish List product) is 50% off for our Hosts next month with a $300 show!!!"

Uh, ANYTHING can be 50% off with a $300 show -- get the idea??

It works! Try it!

Don't use the Monthly Host Special as a booking tool...it's only a BONUS that they can get if they CHOOSE to. The REAL DEAL is the FREE and 50% off products!!

jwpamp said:
I use this when I call past customers, hosts, potentials, etc....

First, look up what they bought, or check your Door Prize Slips for what they are interested in (I have mine write Wish List things on the back of them).

Then, call and say this:

"Oh my gosh! I thought of you right away --- our _______ (fill in the blank with their Wish List product) is 50% off for our Hosts next month with a $300 show!!!"

Uh, ANYTHING can be 50% off with a $300 show -- get the idea??

It works! Try it!

Don't use the Monthly Host Special as a booking tool...it's only a BONUS that they can get if they CHOOSE to. The REAL DEAL is the FREE and 50% off products!!

Great idea!! I just love how we are totally in control of our business!!

Right now & until the end of Nov, I'm doing a "turkey quiz" (got it off another thread here) and at the end of the quiz, I wrote~
"Thanks for attending a Pampered Chef cooking show! No matter what your score, YOU WON!! Tonight, when you purchase $40 or more, you can get the Meat Lifters for $15!! That's a $10 savings! This is an exclusive offer for attending a show.....Book your own show today to enjoy lots of FREE products!! My average host gets $60~$140 in FREE ITEMS!!"

I am amazed by you women who work full time and do PC. How do you find time to make your calls? I agree my customer care calls suck!
Keep the ideas coming I love hearing all of them!

I don't work outside of the home anymore, but at my old job I think I could have gotten a lot more calls done at work than I can at home!:rolleyes: I had an office with only one other person and it was always quiet. I could have made calls during lunch and on break times, as well as stayed a few minutes after to make calls. As it stands now I have a hard time making calls because of the boys (3yo and 1yo) and usually just make them at nap times or for about a 1/2 an hour in the evening.

Related to Maximizing Bookings: Insights from Successful Female Entrepreneurs

What is "Maximizing Bookings: Insights from Successful Female Entrepreneurs"?

"Maximizing Bookings: Insights from Successful Female Entrepreneurs" is a book that features tips and advice from successful women in the direct sales industry, specifically focused on how to increase bookings for your business. It covers a variety of topics such as networking, customer service, and social media marketing.

Who are the authors of "Maximizing Bookings: Insights from Successful Female Entrepreneurs"?

The authors of "Maximizing Bookings: Insights from Successful Female Entrepreneurs" are all successful women in the direct sales industry. They have a wealth of knowledge and experience when it comes to booking parties and events for their businesses.

What types of businesses can benefit from reading "Maximizing Bookings: Insights from Successful Female Entrepreneurs"?

This book is primarily geared towards direct sales businesses, such as Pampered Chef, but the insights and tips can be applied to any type of business that relies on bookings for success. Whether you are a consultant, a small business owner, or a freelancer, you can learn valuable strategies for increasing your bookings.

What makes "Maximizing Bookings: Insights from Successful Female Entrepreneurs" different from other business books?

Unlike other business books that focus on general strategies and theories, "Maximizing Bookings: Insights from Successful Female Entrepreneurs" offers real-life insights and tips from successful women who have been in the direct sales industry for years. These are practical and actionable strategies that have been proven to work in the real world.

Where can I purchase "Maximizing Bookings: Insights from Successful Female Entrepreneurs"?

"Maximizing Bookings: Insights from Successful Female Entrepreneurs" can be purchased on the Pampered Chef website, as well as on other major online retailers such as Amazon and Barnes & Noble. It is also available at select Pampered Chef events and parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • milkangel
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • CAPCnewbie