• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mastering Multiple Recipes: Tips for Cooking 2 Dishes Simultaneously

In summary, the host tomorrow night wants 2 chicken club rings and a chocolate pecan lattice tart served warm. The consultant is trying to figure out how to do the demo without having cold rings. Suggestions include using a stoneware thermal tote, staggering the rings and rotating them halfway through cooking time, or doubling up the rings on one stone. It is not recommended to stack stones on separate racks in the oven.
kcjodih
Gold Member
rings at once? I know I could probably stagger them in the oven but I don't like 'experimenting' at shows. My host tomorrow night wants 2 chicken club rings, and the chocolate pecan lattice tart and I'm trying to figure out how to do my demo. I'd really like the chocolate pecan tart served warm so I would like to cook it near the end but I also don't want cold rings.

I VERY rarely do 2 recipes and never 3 but it's a repeat, high sales host so I'm willing. Any suggestions?

Could you take one ring prepped and bake it while you demo the second? You can pop it into the stoneware thermal tote (if you have it).

Otherwise, I'd stagger the rings and rotate them (swap racks) halfway through the cooking time (unless she has a convection oven, in which case it should be fine).

doubled up rings on one stoneI double the rings up all the time
Use the large round stone
Using 4 cans of crescent rolls lay 20 crescent rolls real close to the edge of the round stone...fill those and roll them up for the ring
Then lay the other 12 crescent rolls in the middle of that ring and fill them up and roll them up....Now you have two rings on one stone and you don't have to rotate in the oven...Just bake about 10 minutes longer to be sure its all done. The rings will expand and touch each other, but that's ok!!
Hope this works.

I don't think I would attempt two baked recipes for one show, unless you can do a dessert in the microwave...maybe an apple crisp that goes in the microwave!!
good luck

I got this from a "Stoneware 101" flyer a fellow consultant shared with me....

Q: Can you bake with two stones in the oven at the same time?
A: Yes and no. Two stones can be baked on at the same time if they are on the same rack. "Stacking" or placing stones on separate racks, one over the other, is not an efficient way to use the stones. The stone on the bottom actually absorbs most of the heat from the element and the upper stone does not heat properly.

So, only if the oven is wide enough for two to be on the same rack. I baked "stacked" once with cookies and I wondered why they turned out bad. So I don't recommend it.

Thanks!
Joanne

I did this once where I went early and baked the first ring and when right after the guests arrived it was finished and they really wanted to watch the demo because they wanted to know exactly how to make it. Which was good because it was a small kitchen and a big party so people were everywhere until they wanted to watch.

I bake bread with the stones stacked and as long as I rotated the stones/bread it worked perfectly for me. It does explain why it needed a bit more time for cooking though.

Related to Mastering Multiple Recipes: Tips for Cooking 2 Dishes Simultaneously

1. How do I keep track of multiple recipes while cooking?

To keep track of multiple recipes, it's important to have a plan in place before you start cooking. Make a list of all the ingredients and equipment you will need for each recipe and organize them in your workspace. Also, read through each recipe carefully and make note of any overlapping cooking times or steps that can be done simultaneously.

2. Can I use the same cookware for both dishes?

It depends on the recipes and the cookware you have available. If the recipes require similar cooking methods and temperatures, you may be able to use the same cookware. However, if the recipes call for different cooking methods or temperatures, it's best to use separate cookware to avoid any potential issues.

3. How do I adjust cooking times when making two dishes at once?

When cooking multiple dishes, the most important thing to remember is to keep an eye on both dishes and adjust cooking times as needed. If one dish requires a longer cooking time, start it first and then add the second dish later. You can also use a timer or set reminders to help you keep track of different cooking times.

4. What are some tips for organizing my workspace when cooking multiple dishes?

Organization is key when cooking multiple dishes. Make sure you have enough counter space for all the ingredients and equipment you will need. Use separate cutting boards and utensils for each dish and keep them organized and labeled to avoid confusion. It's also helpful to clean as you go to keep your workspace clutter-free.

5. How do I prevent one dish from getting cold while cooking the other?

If you're worried about one dish getting cold while cooking the other, try to time your dishes so that they finish cooking around the same time. You can also use a warming drawer or cover the dish with foil to keep it warm while the other dish finishes cooking. Another option is to prepare one dish ahead of time and reheat it when the second dish is almost finished.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heatherstobbs
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • blondeinpcola
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Tara1021
  • Elleoz