• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mashed Potatoes in the Rice Cooker

In summary, to make mashed potatoes in the rice cooker, you will need potatoes, water, milk, butter, and salt. Additional seasonings or herbs can also be added for flavor. The cooking time can vary, but on average it takes about 20-25 minutes. Any type of potatoes can be used, with Russet potatoes being a popular choice. It is recommended to peel the potatoes before cooking for a smoother texture, but leaving the skins on can result in a more rustic texture. A large batch of mashed potatoes can also be made in the rice cooker by using a larger capacity cooker and adjusting the ingredients and cooking time accordingly.
Cindycooks
Silver Member
This is from the email that I saved: HAS ANYONE TRIED THIS? SOUNDS GOOD. A FRIEND TOLD ME ABOUT IT. IM GOING TO TRY IT TOMORROW NIGHT!!! MAY BE A GOOD WAY TO HELP SELL THE RICE COOKER - I HAVENT SOLD ANY OF THESE!!! Could do this at a show too while a ring or something like that is in the oven!!!

"Peel and cut up 4 - 5 potatoes in half inch cubes (enough to fill
pot about half way)
fill the pot half way up to the top of the potatoes with milk
butter to your taste (you don't want to know how much I put in:))
salt and pepper to taste
press some garlic
cook for 13 minutes in microwave rice cooker
remove from microwave oven, add 1 big glob of sour cream and mash with nylon masher.
YUM!!!!!!!!"

Haven't tried it...Need to!That sounds really easy - no more boilovers onto the stove! Have you also seen the thread about baking a cake in the Rice Cooker Plus? There's definitely potential out there!

Thank you for sharing!
Diane

Omgosh! That sounds so yummy! I'm going to try that tonight.

Does anyone know where that cake recipe that is made in the rice cooker is or could they post it again?

Karyn,

Go to product tips....it's 8 down on the list. Rice Cooker Cake

Jodi

What ingredients do I need to make mashed potatoes in the rice cooker?

To make mashed potatoes in the rice cooker, you will need potatoes, water, milk, butter, and salt. You can also add in any additional seasonings or herbs to customize the flavor.

How long does it take to make mashed potatoes in the rice cooker?

The cooking time for mashed potatoes in the rice cooker can vary depending on the size of your potatoes and the type of rice cooker you are using. On average, it takes about 20-25 minutes.

Can I use any type of potatoes for mashed potatoes in the rice cooker?

Yes, you can use any type of potatoes for mashed potatoes in the rice cooker. However, some varieties may yield a creamier texture than others. Russet potatoes are a popular choice for mashed potatoes.

Do I need to peel the potatoes before cooking them in the rice cooker?

It is recommended to peel the potatoes before cooking them in the rice cooker. This will help ensure a smoother texture for your mashed potatoes. However, if you prefer a more rustic texture, you can leave the skins on.

Can I make a large batch of mashed potatoes in the rice cooker?

Yes, you can make a large batch of mashed potatoes in the rice cooker. Just make sure to use a rice cooker with a large enough capacity and adjust the ingredients accordingly. You may also need to increase the cooking time slightly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • ChefetteDuJour
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefetteDuJour
  • pamperedlinda