• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Manly Show - Kentucky Style Breakfast

In summary, the author would like to do a show demonstrating different products using cooking, biscuits, gravy, eggs, potatoes, and oj and milk. He thinks the idea of doing it in a manly housecoat and slippers would be fun and entertaining.
WonderMonkey
I grew up in the hills of Kentucky (note the spelling in my posts) and from that I know how to cook a MEAN biscuits and gravy. These days I use the store bought biscuits because I happen to like them but for a show I would probably make the dough there or bring some dough already made, not sure.Anyways.... I would like to demonstrate PC products by doing the following things:- Cooking my sausage
- Making the gravy
- Making the biscuit dough
- Cooking the biscuits
- Making some scrambled eggs with fresh vegetables (green peppers, onions, mushrooms, etc)
- Chopped potatoes
- OJ and MilkI think the above could demonstrate a wide variety of copping, cooking and serving products.I think to add to the entertainment factor I'd wear a manly housecoat and slippers and maybe mess up my hair a bit to simulate getting up on a weekend and cooking. Maybe have my teddy bear, named "Pampy", by my side and I'd talk to him while doing the show. "Pampy do you know why I love using this skillet to cook my sausage? No? Well maybe one of these ladies will know.".

Last edited:
Oh I LOVE it! I would totally go to that show just to watch you! YES!!!!

Sounds like fun. Maybe you can setup a brunch for a group of couples.

I'm wondering how much of a "show" these things can be. Can it be almost "skit" like? For instance can I start it out having everyone there, walking into the kitchen with my robe and slippers on, yawn, go to the fridge and then turn around to notice the people there, and say "Good morning, didn't see you there. Is anybody hungry?"? And then go into "Today is my day to cook breakfast and on the menu is ...." and then go into everything else?Is that too much?

One of the great things about this business is that it's yours!! Do what works for you. I think that the skit idea is great, especially if you have some fun loving people there. I would make sure that you work in the of the benefits of the products and have some of the guests come up and help you make the breakfast to let them see how nice the products are. I think that would be a very fun and upbeat party and probably keep them all laughing!

Its YOUR show. You can do whatever you want!! You can have guests come in wear their best/worst PJs, Robes or Slippers. Give a prize for the ugliest, etc. You get the idea.

Awesome show idea!

A few others beat me to it, but YES, this is YOUR business, so you do your shows how you want them. Personally, I think that a lot of people would find this a really FUN show to be a part of and would definitely generate a lot of talk!! A lot will depend on what type of people you get there, but I would definitely think most people would enjoy it. I wish I had the personality for it!!! You'll never know unless you try it!!! Also, it took me a several shows to finally get in my groove and feel comfortable, so you'll definitely know within a few shows how your comfort level is and what works/doesn't work.

Best of luck to you!!!

Sure it will be my business but if anybody can use their experience to warn or this or that it would be good.I would start right out of the gate not doing anything like a skit or too much entertainment but soon I would want to start incorporating that into the evening.

Well, one of the many things I have learned on here is that what works for one consultant may not work for another. So, I would try the skit and if it works for you, go with it! It's all in how comfortable you are doing it. I think it would definitely make for a fun party and break away from the traditional PC shows many people think of. But, like I said, you are the best one to know which type of shows will work for you: interactive, consultant cooking, non cooking, skits, etc... Guests will usually go with whatever you do as long as you keep it fun.

instead of using alot of demo time making the biscuit dough you could use the frozen grands biscuits. we have them nearly every morning yum

The Grands (not frozen) are the ones I use. Never tried the frozen ones.

Different things work for different "types" and personalities. From your posts, it just sounds like this skit thing would work for you!

Now...if I did this, I would probably make a complete fool of myself and NO ONE would be laughing! (But I am just not that "funny" type of person!) There are a lot of REALLY successful people in Pampered Chef (men, especially) who have the personality and the skill/humor to pull that off and make it REALLY FUNNY and have people fighting over booking with you since it would be so different and fun!

You can even bring a one man band if you'd like! That is one of the things I truly enjoy about PC... My shows are a cross between stand up comedian and educational... plus- I am having a shirt made that says "Plays with knives" to start wearing once I'm able...

Hey, if David Meenan can sell upwards of $20K every month by tap dancing on his cutting boards - then you can certainly cook in your PJs! Go for it....and let us know how it turns out.

I'd like to see the tap dancing thing! I can't dance but I'd love to see it.

Oh, THAT David Meenan!

WonderMonkey said:
Oh, THAT David Meenan!

Yep, that one! Maybe one of these days we'll be talking about the Wonder Monkey and his PJs! LOL :p

I'm almost afraid to ask about the meaning behind your screen name....

I think it sounds great!!!
The same idea could be used for different Holidays as well. You could easily change your "act" to include information on Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners that would go much smoother with PC products! Get some volunteers to act out a family of tired and unhappy people because the dinner took so long that everyone was hungry and grouchy and the chef is too tired to enjoy it!
Oh, I wish I were witty enough to do this myself!
YOU HAVE TO LET US KNOW HOW IT GOES!!!

Related to Manly Show - Kentucky Style Breakfast

1. What is the Manly Show - Kentucky Style Breakfast?

The Manly Show - Kentucky Style Breakfast is a cooking demonstration and workshop designed specifically for men. It features hearty, traditional breakfast dishes with a twist of southern flavor.

2. When and where is the Manly Show taking place?

The Manly Show - Kentucky Style Breakfast is held at various locations throughout the year. You can check our website or contact your local Pampered Chef consultant for upcoming dates and locations.

3. How do I register for the Manly Show?

You can register for the Manly Show by contacting your local Pampered Chef consultant and reserving your spot. Space is limited, so it is recommended to register in advance.

4. Can I bring a friend or family member to the Manly Show?

Absolutely! The more the merrier. Just make sure to let your Pampered Chef consultant know in advance so they can make proper accommodations.

5. What can I expect to learn at the Manly Show - Kentucky Style Breakfast?

At the Manly Show, you will learn how to cook delicious, hearty breakfast dishes with a southern twist. You will also learn helpful cooking tips and techniques from our Pampered Chef consultant. And of course, you will have the opportunity to sample the dishes and take home the recipes to recreate them at home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
nurs115
  • Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • magentablue
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies