• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Breakfast Ideas for a Campground Event: No Oven Required!

In summary, the conversation is about a breakfast show that will be held at a local campground with no access to an oven or stove. The host suggests preparing mini muffins and a fruit trifle as an alternative, and the other person suggests making frozen concentrate juice and including yogurt in the trifle. They also mention bringing BBQ tools and using a honey-cinnamon spread on bagels. The conversation ends with more ideas for recipes, such as apple caramel bread pudding and a cream cheese and Southwest seasoning spread.
pkd09
Silver Member
I am doing a breakfast show on Saturday at a local campground. The host just informed me that they have no oven or stove. The number of attendees could be anywhere from 5-50! No way to tell. Since this is a FREE Cooking show (I supply the ingredients) I was thinking about my only alternative would be to prepare ahead of time mini muffins and then just layer fruit in the Trifle Bowl. That way I could just concentrate on doing a typical "show the catalog" show. Any ideas or suggestions?

That sounds like the perfect plan. Maybe make some frozen concentrate juice in the QSP. You can also include yogurt in the trifle bowl - vanilla usually comes in a large tub. Just carry it to the campground in a cooler.

Make sure to bring your BBQ tools - long handles keep your hands away from the campfire...

You could do a yogurt/fruit trifle - not just fruit...maybe even add some of the new sprinkles on top for flavor/decoration...

Don't forget the outdoor plates...

Hmm...thinking on recipes still...

chefann said:
That sounds like the perfect plan. Maybe make some frozen concentrate juice in the QSP. You can also include yogurt in the trifle bowl - vanilla usually comes in a large tub. Just carry it to the campground in a cooler.

We were thinking alike! I just was pondering other things too and you beat me to post. ;) :p

Ooh...here is a good PC recipe...bagels and spread - good camping food...

Honey-Cinnamon Spread
Ingredients:
1 package (8 ounces) regular or light cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 bagel, toasted

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients in Small Batter Bowl; mix until smooth.

2. Toast bagel in toaster. Remove toasted bagel from toaster using Bamboo Tongs. Spread cream cheese mixture on bagel.

Yield: 1 cup

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2003

You could serve something made ahead - like the Apple Caramel Bread Pudding...do like you said in the trifle bowl - layered fruit & yogurt...I love the bagel spread idea.

They have crunchy granola bites that you could sprinkle between the yogurt and the fruit.

Also if you take 8 oz of cream cheese and add 1 Tbsp of Southwest Seasoning and put it on bagels that is really good. I just tried that for the first time this morning.

Related to Easy Breakfast Ideas for a Campground Event: No Oven Required!

What are some easy breakfast ideas for a campground event that don't require an oven?

For a delicious and effortless breakfast at a campground event, consider making overnight oats, breakfast burritos, yogurt parfaits, fruit and granola bowls, or breakfast sandwiches. These options are all quick and easy to prepare and do not require an oven.

How do I make overnight oats for a campground event?

To make overnight oats, simply combine rolled oats, milk (or a non-dairy alternative), and your desired mix-ins (such as fresh fruit, nuts, or honey) in a jar or container. Cover and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, you'll have a tasty and nutritious breakfast ready to enjoy.

What are some good mix-ins for overnight oats?

Some delicious mix-in options for overnight oats include fresh berries, chopped nuts, shredded coconut, dried fruit, chia seeds, and honey or maple syrup for added sweetness. Get creative and experiment with different combinations to find your perfect flavor.

How can I make breakfast burritos for a campground event?

To make breakfast burritos, start by cooking scrambled eggs in a skillet over a campfire or portable stove. Then, warm up tortillas on a griddle or in a pan. Fill the tortillas with the scrambled eggs, shredded cheese, and any other desired toppings (such as breakfast meats or veggies). Roll up the burritos and wrap them in foil for easy transport and to keep them warm until serving.

What are some tips for packing and transporting breakfast items to a campground event?

To make sure your breakfast items stay fresh and safe to eat while traveling to a campground event, pack them in a cooler with plenty of ice or ice packs. You can also use airtight containers or resealable bags to keep food items from getting soggy or spilling. For hot items, consider using insulated containers to maintain their temperature.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• scottcooks
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Deb V
Replies
Views
PamperedPrincess02
  • KellyTheChef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies