• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Male Consultants: A Novelty or Necessity? Insights and Opinions

Male consultants are becoming more popular and it's not just for parties. You have a lot of potential to succeed!
Man in the Kitchen
So,

I am a brand-new consultant with 2 bookings (I haven't even had my first party yet) and I am hoping to capitalize on the novelty of being a male consultant. The women I have talked to so far have all seemed pretty excited by the prospect, and I am hoping on creating themes and promotions around it.

What is your opinion? Ultimately will it help or hinder my business, or will it not matter at all in the long run? I am interested in everyone's opinion.

Thanks in Advance,

Chris

We have several male consultants here who will be able to share some insights, I'm sure! I do know that one of the company's top sellers is a guy - he's rockin' it!

Good luck with your new business!

Not being a male, I can't really help much, but I can tell you that one of our all time top sellers is a male.

Some of my top hosts have been men! I think you have an advantage over women consultants - like Amy said, one of the top sellers in the company is male.

I wanted to add that your success in the business is between your ears and in your heart! Not between your legs (sorry, I had to say it!!!) :D

Boost your sales! Just wear the apron! lol

For me, my hosts/guests have never really remarked about me being a guy, so I don't really think of it being a difference. It certainly won't hinder your business, and it may help it.I have had the ladies tell me I look sexy in my chef's coat, though. ;-)

Chef Gilles said:

Wifey said I should just wear the apron and a muscle-tee. I'm not seein' it though :p

wadesgirl said:
I wanted to add that your success in the business is between your ears and in your heart! Not between your legs (sorry, I had to say it!!!) :D

Boy it didn't take long to get to this point, did it?:rolleyes: That's ok- I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get the bookings!

Chris

Man in the Kitchen said:
That's ok- I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get the bookings!

Chris

I'm thinking that one-liner there will get you many! ;)

Good luck, Chris! I don't know how being a male consultant is but I do know that I have plenty of men at my parties! More men are cooks than the women these days! It's all in how you present and handle the barking dogs, stinky diapers, unruly pets and little old ladies with walkers, LOL.

Man in the Kitchen said:
Wifey said I should just wear the apron and a muscle-tee. I'm not seein' it though :p

Boy it didn't take long to get to this point, did it?:rolleyes: That's ok- I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get the bookings!

Chris

I'm very forward! Almost debated on posting it, didn't want to offend anyone!

wadesgirl said:
I'm very forward! Almost debated on posting it, didn't want to offend anyone!

That's ok by me- I like forward:p I'm counting on many women like to come to my parties. Are you free on the 17th?

C

I think I read a stat somewhere that it's been proven men get better sales as not only hosts, but as consultants too! :)
I have a man in my downline, but he's more of the kind of person who likes to come up with excuses for everything - meanwhile, every male host I've had, has done phenomenal!

Chris, if you got it, flaunt it! Now that said in the spirit that wadesgirl meant it, you can decided if you need a gimmick. You might not. One of our other top sellers was a "handyman". He used a real honest to goodness tool belt and what they call a bucket belt. He stored his tools in his tool belt and loaded up a 5 gallon bucket like from home Depot with a bucket belt. Usually wore a "wife beater" and tight jeans. It worked for him! Dave Meenan, the current top seller, is a comic and singer so he uses that at his parties. Now he also has another edge. He lives in New Jersey. If you have even seen the Real Housewives of New Jersey, and all the Pampered Chef stuff they own, well, he sold it to them. So it is sometime who you know too. Think about what you are good at. Home Repairs, Auto mechanic, painter, or sax player telling jokes or just being a clown. Although a lot of people are afraid of those, you can do that without the costume! So... Ask friends and family what they think is a great character trait and expand upon it. And who knows, you just might be all about "bringing sexy back"!

Welcome, Chris! Book the shows - get bookings AT shows and discuss the opportunity. Be prepared, and business will come to you! Discuss the opportunity from the outset and you'll promote quickest. Glad you've made the choice to join us and welcome to our corner of the web!

I've had hosts put on the invitations that a man will be cooking for us. Like it was a treat or something.
I try to make sure that my hosts know that I am there not as a salesman but to help them get all the benefits that PC offers.

Maybe I should have a contest to come up with a unique tag-line. Ladies- come for the male consultant, stay for the "full-service check-out!"or"Look at me, now look at your husband, now look back at me!"The jokes, they just write themselves...

Or "why have an old spice when you can have a NEW rub?"

Chef Gilles said:

As many of you know, during the early Summer I did a show at a nudist club .. uh, I only wore My apron ... I felt over-dressed.

RMDave said:
As many of you know, during the early Summer I did a show at a nudist club .. uh, I only wore My apron ... I felt over-dressed.

I think I may have trouble topping this one. Plus, how do I convince my guests to take off their clothes too?:confused::eek::p

Man in the Kitchen said:
I think I may have trouble topping this one. Plus, how do I convince my guests to take off their clothes too?:confused::eek::p
I'm a gay male, in Palm Springs, CA which is currently 52% gay. I never have to ask. They usually greet me at the door in that state. Oy!As for you, perhaps a game of "Strip: Got It, Want It!"

Last edited:
RMDave said:
As for you, perhaps a game of "Strip Got It, Want It!"

<Furiously taking notes>

I'm having trouble finding this show tip on the PC website. Maybe they have a training video for it? Also, I may have to have a bigger door-prize for this one. Somehow I think bamboo tongs aren't going to cut it!:rolleyes:

Palm Springs, CA .. is currently 52% gay
Remind me of that stat, will you, should I ever come out there and whine that I can't find a straight man to save my life!

Intrepid_Chef said:
Remind me of that stat, will you, should I ever come out there and whine that I can't find a straight man to save my life!

Oh they're here. They're just an average age of 74.

Dave! I found a photo of you as a young child....had to be, right?? Artist At Work | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (ok...yes, it appears from the caption it's a girl...but it made me chuckle.)*By the way-- good to see you!**

esavvymom said:
Dave! I found a photo of you as a young child....had to be, right?? Artist At Work | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (ok...yes, it appears from the caption it's a girl...but it made me chuckle.)

*By the way-- good to see you!**

Can't be Dave. They didn't have color photography way back then.

esavvymom said:
Dave! I found a photo of you as a young child....had to be, right?? Artist At Work | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (ok...yes, it appears from the caption it's a girl...but it made me chuckle.)

I thought that photo had been buried long ago. Leave it to you to unearth it!

leftymac said:
Can't be Dave. They didn't have color photography way back then.

me mordre!

Man in the Kitchen said:
I may have to have a bigger door-prize for this one. Somehow I think bamboo tongs aren't going to cut it!:rolleyes:
No but our Forged Cutlery will.

RMDave said:
me mordre!

If you're going to try to do a clever comeback in French, please make an effort to at least put your verb in the correct form. And, remember in the imperative that a direct object pronoun comes after the verb. Sheesh.

leftymac said:
If you're going to try to do a clever comeback in French, please make an effort to at least put your verb in the correct form. And, remember in the imperative that a direct object pronoun comes after the verb. Sheesh.

I'll just put it in English, then: "Bite Me!" :love:

RMDave said:

Careful, Dave. You know banter like that isn't allowed between two gay men on this site. Next thing you know they'll be complaining about us over on Director CS again and then we'll be reprimanded again (though he was very polite in his reprimanding!). ;)

leftymac said:
Careful, Dave. You know banter like that isn't allowed between two gay men on this site. Next thing you know they'll be complaining about us over on Director CS again and then we'll be reprimanded again (though he was very polite in his reprimanding!). ;)
He was a sweetheart in his reprimand. Maybe he's ... oh, never mind.

RMDave said:

ROTFLMAO

MISSED you LOTS & LOTS, RMDave!!! SOOOOOO glad you are back :D

debbie mc said:
ROTFLMAOMISSED you LOTS & LOTS, RMDave!!! SOOOOOO glad you are back :D
Me too!!!! I'm muffling my laughter because it's after midnight and everyone in my house is asleep.Chris, I'm sure you had no idea what you were getting in to when you started this thread! :D

I'm glad to be back. I've been welcomed with open arms by everyone except for Keith who welcomed me with Open Arms, only in French.

Intrepid_Chef said:
Or "why have an old spice when you can have a NEW rub?"

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

1. What are the benefits of having a male consultant in Pampered Chef?

Having a male consultant in Pampered Chef can bring a unique perspective and diversity to your team. Male consultants can also appeal to a different demographic of customers and may bring in new business.

2. Will being a male consultant make it easier or harder to book parties?

This really depends on your target audience and how you market yourself. Some customers may be more drawn to having a male consultant, while others may prefer a female consultant. It's important to promote your strengths and expertise in the kitchen regardless of your gender.

3. How can I use the novelty of being a male consultant to my advantage?

You can use the novelty of being a male consultant to create unique themes and promotions for your parties. You can also highlight your different approach to cooking and entertaining, which may appeal to certain customers. Don't be afraid to embrace your uniqueness and use it as a selling point.

4. Do you think being a male consultant will hinder your business in any way?

No, being a male consultant should not hinder your business as long as you are knowledgeable and passionate about Pampered Chef products. Customers care more about the quality of the products and service they receive, rather than the gender of the consultant.

5. What advice do you have for new male consultants in Pampered Chef?

My advice would be to focus on building relationships with your customers and showcasing your passion for cooking and entertaining. Use the novelty of being a male consultant to your advantage, but also make sure to highlight your skills and expertise in the kitchen. Remember, at the end of the day, it's about providing excellent customer service and promoting the amazing Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kara Eaton
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Jeesjohn
  • Alicia Messenger
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lbdenton