• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making the Confetti Zucchini Shrimp Cups: My Experience Today

In summary, the recipe for the Confetti Zucchini Shrimp Cups says to fill the bottle with the cream cheese mixture using the spreader. However, it is almost impossible to get the mixture in the bottle without making a mess. The spreader is just too fat for the hole, and I tried just putting a little on the tip of the spreader - but that took forever - at a show. So I ended up using my avocado peeler, which made the job easier but still took forever. If this was not a cluster meeting and I had to report on a product, I would have use the EAD. The shrimp cups tasted good, but the cream cheese was soft and it would hardly squeeze out of the bottle
Cindycooks
Silver Member
OK - We've already discussed how we are not sure about these....my experience today:
I made the Confetti Zucchini Shrimp Cups for our cluster meeting. The recipe says to fill the bottle with the cream cheese mixture using the spreader. Well just like we discussed, it is almost impossible to get the mixture in the bottle without making a mess. The spreader is just too fat for the hole. I tried just putting a little on the tip of the spreader - but that took forever - at a show - no way. So I ended up using my avocado peeler, which made the job easier but still took forever and the avocado peeler has been discontinued! If this was not a cluster meeting and I had to report on a product, I would have use the EAD. You just have to pipe a cream cheese star on each zucchini cup. If I ever do this recipe at a show - I will use the EAD.

Take your measure all cup and put a sandwich bag in side. Fill the bag with the mixture and seal bag at top. Cut a whole in the tip of the bag and squeeze the mixture into the decorating bottles or EAD.

That just seems like an extra step to me. I don't think I would want to fill a Ziploc AND a second bottle. I don't have the decorator bottles, but I really love my EAD. I'm needing a better reason to buy the decorator bottles.

Maybe the flexible funnels? I don't have those yet, but would they work to fill the bottles?

See, this is why I just won't be getting these bottles at all. I like the EAD, and I don't see the point of these.

When I started this thread, I had not used them yet, only filled them up. I dont like them at all. The cream cheese was soft but it would hardly even squeeze out! And when I did squeeze a little star on each shrimp, the tip thingy would not release the star. Lift it up the and star comes up with it. So I had to take a finger and sorta hold the star down which messed up the star if i wasnt careful.
I know about using the ziploc - but at a show? No way and I agree that is just an extra step when we could just use the EAD and be done with it.
They tasted good though!

Related to Making the Confetti Zucchini Shrimp Cups: My Experience Today

What ingredients do I need to make the Confetti Zucchini Shrimp Cups?

To make the Confetti Zucchini Shrimp Cups, you will need 2 medium zucchinis, 1 lb of cooked shrimp, 1 bell pepper, 1 small red onion, 1 jalapeno pepper, 1/4 cup of corn, 1/4 cup of black beans, 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro, 1 lime, 1 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tsp of chili powder, 1 tsp of cumin, 1 tsp of garlic powder, salt, and pepper.

Can I substitute any of the ingredients in the Confetti Zucchini Shrimp Cups?

Yes, you can definitely make substitutions based on your personal preferences or dietary restrictions. For example, you can use tofu or chicken instead of shrimp, or omit the jalapeno pepper if you don't like spicy food. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

Do I need any special equipment to make the Confetti Zucchini Shrimp Cups?

No, you do not need any special equipment. However, a Pampered Chef Scoop or a regular ice cream scoop can make it easier to scoop out the zucchini flesh.

How long does it take to make the Confetti Zucchini Shrimp Cups?

The total time to make the Confetti Zucchini Shrimp Cups is approximately 30 minutes. This includes 10 minutes for prep and 20 minutes for baking in the oven.

Can I make the Confetti Zucchini Shrimp Cups ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Confetti Zucchini Shrimp Cups ahead of time and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When you're ready to serve, simply reheat them in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until they are heated through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
kam
  • scottcooks
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
iteachncook