• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making My First Dip: Need Help with Mayo-Sour Cream Ratio & Seasonings! :chef:

In summary, the recommended mayo-sour cream ratio for making a dip is usually 1:1, but can be adjusted to personal preference. Sour cream can be substituted with Greek yogurt in a dip recipe for a healthier option. A basic dip can be seasoned with garlic powder, onion powder, dried herbs, or store-bought seasoning blends. Dips can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for 3-4 days. To adjust the thickness of a dip, add milk or water to thin it out, or more mayo or sour cream to thicken it.
gailz2
Gold Member
Believe it or not, I've never made any dip with our seasonings. Can someone tell me the ratio of mayo, sour cream, and which of our seasonings are best for this? I have a show tomorrow and I said I'd bring a dip to force myself to do it. Thanks!:chef:

1 cup of each and 3 T of seasoning. I use the Chipotle Rub or the Southwest Seasoning.

Thank you, Stacie. Looks like you have twins -- I watch my twin grandsons, who are 4-1/2, and their brother, 1-1/2 daily. I know you are a busy mom!!Have you used low-fat sour cream or mayo?

1. What is the recommended mayo-sour cream ratio for making a dip?

The recommended mayo-sour cream ratio for making a dip is usually 1:1. This will give you a creamy and balanced base for your dip. However, you can adjust the ratio according to your personal preference.

2. Can I substitute sour cream with Greek yogurt in a dip recipe?

Yes, you can substitute sour cream with Greek yogurt in a dip recipe. Greek yogurt has a similar tangy taste and creamy texture, making it a healthier alternative to sour cream. Just make sure to use plain Greek yogurt and not the flavored ones.

3. What seasonings should I use for a basic dip?

A basic dip can be made with a variety of seasonings, depending on your taste preferences. Some popular options include garlic powder, onion powder, dried herbs like dill or parsley, and a pinch of cayenne or paprika for a spicy kick. You can also use store-bought seasoning blends like ranch or Italian seasoning.

4. Can I make a dip in advance and store it in the fridge?

Yes, you can make a dip in advance and store it in the fridge. Most dips can last up to 3-4 days in an airtight container in the fridge. Just make sure to give it a good stir before serving.

5. How can I make my dip thicker or thinner?

If your dip is too thick, you can add a little bit of milk or water to thin it out. On the other hand, if you want to make your dip thicker, you can add more mayo or sour cream. Keep in mind that the dip will thicken slightly as it sits in the fridge, so adjust the consistency accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Tracy99
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies