• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Chocolate in Silicone Pan- Dianne's Open House

In summary, you can make chocolates in the new silicone pan by melting chocolate and filling the cups about 1/4 to no more than 1/4 full. Put in the refrigerator until set (about 5 minutes). Then just pop them out of the cups.
Dianneskitchen
Gold Member
Hi,

Has anyone made chocolates in the new silicone pan? I want to make some for my open house tomorrow night, but I'm not sure how long to leave them to set, or if you put them in the freezer or refrigerator. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dianne

chocolate --freezeHi Diane,

I haven't done it yet, but I know you should keep the time down in the freezer so the chocolate doesn't turn white...it will harden quickly-just keep an eye on it.
cam

I did! I did! I used about 1-1/2 Tablespoons of chocolate per spot, sprayed with non-stick. I put it in the freezer, but next time will put it in the fridge. From freezer to room temp it caused it to sweat a bit and melt. I think refridg would work better. Sold several pans, partly due to this!

i have done them a few times just a about an hour in the fridge should be plenty. i used different colored chocolate and did a layer at a time (waiting about 10 minutes between colors) they looked so cute! a few of them i stuck lollipop sticks in then wrapped them all individually.

try the recipe i have attached too! YUM!

Attachments

• PEANUT BUTTER FILLED FLOWERS.doc
    19.5 KB · Views: 352
Dianneskitchen said:
Hi,

Has anyone made chocolates in the new silicone pan? I want to make some for my open house tomorrow night, but I'm not sure how long to leave them to set, or if you put them in the freezer or refrigerator. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dianne
That's the first thing I did with this pan and it was so easy and awesome!

Just melt the chocolate and fill each cup about 1/4 to no more than 1/4 full. Put in refrigerate until set (about 5 minutes). Then just pop them out of the cups. Easy, quick and so cute! I do not put oil in the cups for this and have had not trouble releasing them and clean up is a breeze.

1. How do I properly prepare the silicone pan before making chocolate?

The first step in preparing the silicone pan is to wash it with warm soapy water and dry it thoroughly. Then, lightly coat the inside of the pan with a thin layer of oil or cooking spray to prevent the chocolate from sticking. Alternatively, you can use cocoa butter or melted chocolate to grease the pan.

2. Can I use any type of chocolate in the silicone pan?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate in the silicone pan. However, for best results, it is recommended to use high-quality chocolate that is specifically made for melting and molding, such as chocolate wafers or couverture chocolate.

3. How do I melt the chocolate for the silicone pan?

The best way to melt chocolate is to use a double boiler or a heat-proof bowl set over a pot of simmering water. Make sure to stir the chocolate constantly to prevent it from burning or seizing. You can also melt the chocolate in the microwave in short intervals, stirring in between, until it is completely melted.

4. How can I prevent air bubbles from forming in the chocolate?

To prevent air bubbles, tap the silicone pan gently on a flat surface after pouring in the melted chocolate. You can also use a toothpick or skewer to pop any visible air bubbles. Another tip is to let the chocolate sit for a few minutes before tapping or stirring to allow any trapped air to rise to the surface.

5. How long does it take for the chocolate to set in the silicone pan?

The time it takes for the chocolate to set will vary depending on the type of chocolate used and the temperature of the room. In general, it can take anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour for the chocolate to set completely. You can speed up the process by placing the pan in the refrigerator, but be careful not to leave it in for too long as it can cause the chocolate to become too hard and difficult to remove from the pan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KrisGio
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ejleinenbach
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies