• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making a Mommy Cake: the Batter Bowl and Prep Bowls Edition

In summary, someone posted the picture here once - did you look thru the files? yeah, but nothing comes up. Just wanted to see one before I ventured out and did one on my own for Sat morning.
thechefofnorthbend
Has anyone done this? Made the batter bowl cake as the mommy's tummy and the prep bowls for the mommy's...well, you know...and make a ladies torso? I thoght I saw this somewhere, but now I cannot find it...

Last edited:
Someone posted the picture here once - did you look thru the files?

yeah, but nothing comes up. Just wanted to see one before I ventured out and did one on my own for Sat morning.

I have some pretty funny ideas running through my head, but then again, my mom had her best friend have been making "naughty" cakes for birthdays for a long time..and I just found out some of their hidden secrets about them this past year!!

I have made one before with the batter bowl belly, prep bowl chest and a trimmed rectangular cake for the torso. Get it as close as you can then you can fix it with frosting :)

jenniferknapp said:
I have some pretty funny ideas running through my head, but then again, my mom had her best friend have been making "naughty" cakes for birthdays for a long time..and I just found out some of their hidden secrets about them this past year!!

Uh...share with us Jen...LOL

thechefofnorthbend said:
Uh...share with us Jen...LOL

Yeah! We want to know about the secret cream filling....

(I apologize if that was offensive to anyone.)

chefann said:
Yeah! We want to know about the secret cream filling....

(I apologize if that was offensive to anyone.)

OMG - I am just so offended!
That's IT I am never coming to this board again! You have tainted my virgin eyes...I am shocked and need to go take a shower to wash away this filth - Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha!!!

(I just love your raunchy sense of humor Ann - LOL)

Someone posted it on WLPC too.

I made this document and gave it away at BRU. :)

Attachments

• Baby Shower Pregnancy Cake.doc
    178 KB · Views: 572
haha, so the better of the 2 is the cake for a woman's birthday, contains 2 short batter bowl cakes, and a jelly roll (shaped and sculpted a bit!). It is all frosted, and cinnamon dusted coconut is added down below.... and a straw is filled with cool whip, and then inserted through the tip of the jelly roll, so that you can't see it. Then you can finish it off with a few squiggly's on the board/plate. Sooo, when someone cuts in to the jelly roll, a surprise squirts out of the top! They say that usually it works, but sometimes it doesn't....And for the men, they usually add some cherry's on the top of the batter bowl cakes... nothing too exciting!This is the same group of people that made nudest colony costumes for Halloween one year! Of course they won, and I can't wait to get enough friends together to wear them ourselves....when I was younger, I thought they were making pig costumes, I only saw them at the early stages....hahahaha.... ;) Oh, and of course the men were women and the women were men, so that was funny...and the women (men) had fishing line between their man pieces and wrists, so that if someone came up and they wanted to wave, or every drink they took they were "happy"!! :)

dannyzmom said:
OMG - I am just so offended!
That's IT I am never coming to this board again! You have tainted my virgin eyes...I am shocked and need to go take a shower to wash away this filth - Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha!!!

(I just love your raunchy sense of humor Ann - LOL)

UH OH! Don't read my last post ;)

LMAO!! That is hilarious Jen!! Sounds like something my mom would make...

Where is KG with a sassy comment when you need him? ;)

This thread is hilarious! Hmmm...you've got me thinking......LOLOLOLOL:p

He's probably hanging out in the lounge, where it usually gets a little blue. That was the only reason I had my pre-emptive apology on my earlier post. People usually expect the raunchy stuff in the Lounge, but not the recipe area.

WOW! I'd be appalled to find out about my parents doing this, but it's really really funny! I love the part about the ladies/men with fishing line tied to their wrists!! My sister is getting marred this summer, maybe I'll make a "dirty cake" for her bachelorette party!!

Haha, there you go!! I was very surprised when my mom and her friends did this...I never saw the dirty cake being made until just last year, so I didn't realize the detail! As for halloween, they made a new set of costumes every year for about a group of 10 people for years and years, this is the only rated-r one. My mom was the catholic school girl of 8, and totally surprised me, she was always so perfect, and then finally loosened up when I left for college my freshman year, and now we joke about some things....so she is a "cool" mom now.. but was the perfect mentor mom when I was growing up (even though I was jealous of my friends that had "cool" moms when we were growing up!)

jenniferknapp said:
haha, so the better of the 2 is the cake for a woman's birthday, contains 2 short batter bowl cakes, and a jelly roll (shaped and sculpted a bit!). It is all frosted, and cinnamon dusted coconut is added down below.... and a straw is filled with cool whip, and then inserted through the tip of the jelly roll, so that you can't see it. Then you can finish it off with a few squiggly's on the board/plate. Sooo, when someone cuts in to the jelly roll, a surprise squirts out of the top! They say that usually it works, but sometimes it doesn't....

And for the men, they usually add some cherry's on the top of the batter bowl cakes... nothing too exciting!

This is the same group of people that made nudest colony costumes for Halloween one year! Of course they won, and I can't wait to get enough friends together to wear them ourselves....when I was younger, I thought they were making pig costumes, I only saw them at the early stages....hahahaha.... ;) Oh, and of course the men were women and the women were men, so that was funny...and the women (men) had fishing line between their man pieces and wrists, so that if someone came up and they wanted to wave, or every drink they took they were "happy"!! :)

OMG what a riot!!!
My aunt & uncle used to do similar themed Halloween costumes - LOLOL

chefann said:
He's probably hanging out in the lounge, where it usually gets a little blue. That was the only reason I had my pre-emptive apology on my earlier post. People usually expect the raunchy stuff in the Lounge, but not the recipe area.

Lounge?
Where's there a lounge?

dannyzmom said:
Lounge?
Where's there a lounge?
"Chef's Lounge". It's one of the threads. I always click on new posts and often don't even notice which thread I'm in. lol

It's actually where you posted the thread asking Greg to start a conference area.

BethCooks4U said:
"Chef's Lounge". It's one of the threads. I always click on new posts and often don't even notice which thread I'm in. lol

It's actually where you posted the thread asking Greg to start a conference area.

I just click on new posts as well, who cares the thread:p

1. How do I use the batter bowl to make a mommy cake?

To use the batter bowl, start by combining all your dry ingredients in the bowl and mixing them together. Then, add in your wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Finally, pour the batter into a greased and floured cake pan and bake according to your recipe's instructions.

2. Do I need to use the prep bowls when making a mommy cake?

While not necessary, using the prep bowls can make the process of making a mommy cake much easier. You can use them to portion out your ingredients before adding them to the batter bowl, making the mixing process more organized and efficient.

3. Can I make the entire mommy cake batter in the batter bowl?

Yes, you can make the entire batter in the batter bowl if you prefer. Just make sure to mix the ingredients well and scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.

4. How do I clean the batter bowl and prep bowls after making a mommy cake?

The batter bowl and prep bowls are dishwasher safe, but can also be easily cleaned by hand with warm soapy water. Make sure to dry them thoroughly before storing.

5. Can I use the batter bowl and prep bowls for other recipes besides mommy cakes?

Absolutely! The batter bowl and prep bowls are versatile kitchen tools that can be used for a variety of recipes such as pancake batter, cookie dough, and more. Just make sure to adjust the quantities to fit the size of the bowl.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ericadboone
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jen72467
  • ginamkiely
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chef131doreen
  • momofthree