• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making a Change: Quitting My Job and Pursuing Pampered Chef as my Main Income

In summary, Melody made the decision to quit her full-time job and do PC full time. She is doing temp clerical work while she builds up her business. She is looking forward to making this work and is hopeful for success.
chefmelody
I thought I posted about this before, but I guess I forgot. :rolleyes: A few weeks ago, I made the decision to quit my full-time job and do PC for my main income.

It was a combination of a lot of things... my job was both stressful and boring (yes, it's possible), I've been battling a bout of clinical depression, and I felt like my life was not going in a direction that I wanted.

So, at the moment, I'm doing temp clerical work while I build up my business. It's a little slow now, since I'm on a 3-week assignment at the moment, but I'll have more time when I'm working just a few days a week.

I'm really looking forward to making this work! Wish me luck! :D

Congrats!!! I did the same thing...and am loving it!!! Now I just have to follow through with my recruit leads....please someone come over here and put the phone in my hand!!!!

COngrats Melody! I hope to eventually do the same!

Best wishes!

Good Luck, I cant wait to quit my job and do PC full time, But i have a ways to go. I need more hosts first!!

I'm with ya. I have set the end of May as my "end of my 'real' job and the beginning of my full time PC business.

Congratulations! I wish you all the luck!

Congrats!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

You are going to love it!! Congratulations!

Congrats..... I wish I could do that but right now.. I dont' have that option.... LONG STORY!!

Good luck! I hope that you can find everything you need out of this business!

Good luck. I'm sure this will be a great move for you and that you can make a success of this.

Good luck and hope it really boosts your sales!

chefmelody said:
I thought I posted about this before, but I guess I forgot. :rolleyes: A few weeks ago, I made the decision to quit my full-time job and do PC for my main income.

It was a combination of a lot of things... my job was both stressful and boring (yes, it's possible), I've been battling a bout of clinical depression, and I felt like my life was not going in a direction that I wanted.

So, at the moment, I'm doing temp clerical work while I build up my business. It's a little slow now, since I'm on a 3-week assignment at the moment, but I'll have more time when I'm working just a few days a week.

I'm really looking forward to making this work! Wish me luck! :D

Melody,
Keep us up to date on how this works for you. There is always discussion about making this decision, but rarely do we hear back about the good, the bad and the ugly result of this decision.

I have stated in a previous loop that I have too many years in where I am to pack it in now. I do have to sit down and get some benchmark dates, however, and plan for this to happen.

I am not married and depend on myself for health insurance and retirement, etc. In the State of NY we have a Healthy New York health care program, but I don't know the details of it. In 6 1/2 years (but who's counting!!:D ) I can continue my health insurance from here at half the price of full price and possibly draw some from my retirement, BUT right now I have a good income with both my full time job and my full time PC. I could go full time with PC now with the contact base I have, however, I want to be an Upper Level Director :) before I jump in with both feet. I hope I can still advance while working the full time job. I get worn out sometimes!!:rolleyes:

Good LUCK! I hope to do the same someday soon, my own self, but I think I may have just inadvertently fallen into a new job. So far, it's going okay, and I got an order from one of my new coworkers, so that's good...I was trying to avoid the new job thing, but after the service we got today, I might reconsider...

Good luck & I hope it goes well for ya:)

I've thought about that too, but I would need to do at least $8000 in sales a month to have it... and I'm not quite at a 3 show a week average yet (heck I am barely at 1!) Keep up updated on how it is going! I'll live vicariously through you :)

I have one more week in my day job and then I'm just doing PC too!! So I know how you're feeling!!

I need to double my PC income to make what I did with both but can get by with a little less income if I need to (I am lucky there!). Already things are moving. I have 2 new recruit leads and 5 (YES FIVE) shows have been added to my calendar since making the decision! - none were booked at cooking shows - I didn't count those! I know this is the right decision for me too.

Congratulations!! We CAN do this!

I wish you well, ChefMelody :) and am intrigued that others are going FT PC. But, like Baychef, I have been at my job (not career) for a long time - over 7 years and I do like my job. More importantly, on April 1, I will celebrate 5 years as a cancer survivor. :D And, I am scared to let my insurance go (dh retired 1/1, and my insurance is what is covering us). PC's insurance will be affordable after April 1, but there will still be some extra surcharge to cover me if there is a recurrance...

We are sitting down this weekend to set some benchmarks so I can look ahead to only doing PC. Hopefully, it won't be long!

Keep us up-to-date on how things are going, please!

Here's to April 1st!

I am planning to open up a coffee business that will allow me to do more PC, plus I won't be so stressed. I know I'll be stressed, but a different kind of stress.

AJPratt said:
Here's to April 1st!

I am planning to open up a coffee business that will allow me to do more PC, plus I won't be so stressed. I know I'll be stressed, but a different kind of stress.
WOO HOO!!! Good luck!!!

Thank you... I just can't stay at this job anymore.

AJPratt said:
Thank you... I just can't stay at this job anymore.
Boy do I know that feeling! That's exactly why I took the plunge!

Ann, what kind of coffee business?

I guess this is an old post, but I came on chefsuccess today to see if I could find posts about how others made the decision to leave their "day" jobs and do PC full time...And what everybody considers to be full time.

I'm in a position I don't enjoy, with management I can't respect.
I'm torn. On one hand, I feel like if I quit my job and spent more time on PC, I'd have a bigger business. And having that 'make it or break it' pressure would probably be good for this procrastinator! :)

On the other hand, while it's feasible for us to live on my husband's income, but I don't want to give up some of our creature comforts.

So how did you full timers decide to make the leap?

1. Can I really make a full-time income with Pampered Chef?

Yes, it is absolutely possible to make a full-time income with Pampered Chef. Many consultants have successfully built their business and have been able to leave their previous jobs to focus on Pampered Chef as their main source of income.

2. How much time and effort do I need to dedicate to my Pampered Chef business?

The amount of time and effort you put into your Pampered Chef business will directly impact your success. It is recommended to dedicate at least 10-15 hours per week to actively working on your business, including hosting parties, following up with customers, and networking with potential hosts and team members.

3. Will I receive training and support from Pampered Chef?

Yes, as a consultant, you will have access to a wide range of training and support resources from Pampered Chef. This includes online training modules, team meetings, and one-on-one support from your upline and mentor.

4. What are the start-up costs for becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?

The start-up costs for becoming a Pampered Chef consultant vary depending on the starter kit you choose. The current starter kit options range from $109 to $259. These kits include a variety of products and business tools to help you get started.

5. Can I still work part-time or have another job while building my Pampered Chef business?

Yes, you can absolutely work part-time or have another job while building your Pampered Chef business. Many consultants start off by working part-time and gradually transition into full-time as their business grows. It's important to find a balance and prioritize your time effectively to make the most out of your Pampered Chef business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Michelle Nab
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Michelle Nab
Replies
Views
pkd09
Replies
Views
Cathy pclady