• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making a Brownie Trifle: A Recipe Search for Heidi

In summary, the recipe for a brownie trifle is to cube/chunk up brownies and alternate layers with chocolate pudding & whip cream. You can make variations by doing flavored pudding or putting choc chips or other "pieces" in the pudding layer! You can also make your own "pound cake" using the second attachment, buy premade poundcake, or use angel food cake for the recipe. Finally, Janet upnorth has a super trifle recipe that you can try.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
I have read several threads on here that says about the Brownie Trifle. Can someone please tell me where I can find this recipe. I love my trifle bowl so anything that I can make to use it is fine with me. :love:

Thank you,
Heidi

You can cube/chunk up brownies and alternate layers with chocolate pudding & whip cream. You can make variations by doing flavored pudding or putting choc chips or other "pieces" in the pudding layer!(and the same goes for pound cake and angel food cake....chunk those up and use your imagination for the layers!!)One other note, most trifles should sit overnight so that everything soaks together!!

Here is my favorite trifle recipe - I usually make this for family dinners and there is nothing left in the bowl!

FUDGE-BROWNIE TRIFLE

Ingredients:
2 pkgs instant chocolate pudding (and 4 cups/1 L of milk to make it)
1 large container Cool Whip (2 cups/500 ml pre-whipped cream)
4 Skor Bars
1 large bag or 3 small bags "Two Bite Brownies"
1 or 2 bananas
1 pint/500 ml container strawberries

Directions:

1. Prepare the chocolate pudding according to directions on box.

2. Slice 6-8 strawberries fairly thin. Slice the banana in to ¼ inch slices Cut each Two Bite brownie into 4 pieces. Chop 3 Skor Bars coarsely and 1 finely (for topping).

3. If using whipped cream - whip up (this will double in size to 4 cups/2L)

4. Layer ingredients into Trifle Bowl as follows:

- Half the brownie pieces, then half of the pudding, then half of the Cool Whip/whipped cream.
- Arrange half of the sliced strawberries around the perimeter of the bowl so you can see the cut side through the side of the bowl.
- Then half of the bananas on top of the Cool Whip and sprinkle with the coarsely chopped Skor Bars.
- Finally, the remaining brownies and pudding.
- Arrange the remaining sliced bananas around the bowl as you did the strawberries.
- Spread the rest of the Cool Whip/whipped cream and top with sliced strawberries and the finely chopped Skor Bar.

Optional flavour: pour Kahlua, Bailey's or your favourite flavour over the first layer of brownies. Strong coffee is another option. You only need a couple of ounces.

Enjoy, Linda

:love: Yummy!!!

jenniferknapp said:
You can cube/chunk up brownies and alternate layers with chocolate pudding & whip cream. You can make variations by doing flavored pudding or putting choc chips or other "pieces" in the pudding layer!

(and the same goes for pound cake and angel food cake....chunk those up and use your imagination for the layers!!)

One other note, most trifles should sit overnight so that everything soaks together!!
Hi Jen, how was your Aug (last of your show schedule) before you retire correct? Lot's O luck to ya on your Masters! Hope you can check in CS every once in awhile!

Here is a recipe that I made LOTS of times since the trifle bowl came out...it's my favorite trifle!

You can make your own "pound cake" using the second attachment, buy premade poundcake, or use angel food cake for the recipe!

I know you were asking about chocolate, but I would actually choose this OVER a chocolate recipe...that's how much I :love: :love: :love: it!

Attachments

• Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle.doc
    19.5 KB · Views: 361
  • Pound Cake from regular boxed cake mix.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 294
Oh! and here is JanetUpNorth's super trifle recipe!

Attachments

• Peanut Butter Cup Trifle from JanetUpNorth.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 351
heat123 said:
Hi Jen, how was your Aug (last of your show schedule) before you retire correct? Lot's O luck to ya on your Masters! Hope you can check in Chef Success every once in awhile!

I actually have my last August show tomorrow (it was scheduled before I made my final decision) ...and then I have some catty shows and 2 cooking shows in September, gotta go out with some free cookware!!!:)

Thanks so much for asking! I will still be around the board, and won't actually start my masters until Jan '08, but I have to study for my big test (GMAT) and then work on an application into the program....so it is a perfect time for me to step away (for now!):)

Jen~

Make sure you keep all of us updated on what's going on with you!

How is your Mom doing?

Thank you for all of the great recipes...I am not sure that I can make them when our pastor comes to visit though because they all sound sinfully good. LOL.

(sorry to turn this post in to an update about my life!)Kelly...thanks for asking! My mom is doing alright, still not released to go back to work. The doctors are thinking she may be labeled disabled for the rest of her life.... she has a lot of pain through her leg, and a lot of the functions aren't there. A desk job opened up at her office, so she is schedule for an interview in a couple of weeks, so that would be good if she was able to get in to that position, she'd be released a lot sooner for that, that to go out in the field to perform home health care as an R.N...Thanks again for asking! It has definitely been a struggle, and makes you appreciate life, and teaches you to not take "simple, everyday" surgeries lightly...complications can occur!

Related to Making a Brownie Trifle: A Recipe Search for Heidi

What ingredients do I need to make a brownie trifle?

To make a brownie trifle, you will need 1 package of brownie mix, 1 package of instant chocolate pudding mix, 2 cups of milk, 1 container of whipped topping, and 1 cup of chopped nuts (optional).

Can I use a homemade brownie recipe instead of a mix?

Yes, you can use a homemade brownie recipe for this trifle. Just make sure the brownies are completely cooled before assembling the trifle.

How do I layer the ingredients in the trifle?

Start by cutting the brownies into bite-sized pieces and placing them in the bottom of a trifle dish. Next, mix the pudding according to package instructions and spread half of it on top of the brownies. Add a layer of whipped topping, followed by another layer of brownies. Repeat the layers until you reach the top of the dish, ending with a layer of whipped topping. Sprinkle chopped nuts on top, if desired.

Do I need to refrigerate the trifle before serving?

Yes, this trifle should be refrigerated for at least an hour before serving to allow all the flavors to meld together. You can also make it a day in advance and keep it refrigerated until ready to serve.

Can I make this trifle ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this trifle ahead of time and keep it refrigerated until ready to serve. You can also assemble the trifle in individual glasses for a cute and easy presentation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookn' katie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Luv 2 Cook
  • MarineGurl020412
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • kam