• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Perfect Brownie Recipe for Your Trifle Bowl!

made 2 boxes in the rectangular baker...then it would fit in a trifle bowl. If you use a bar pan, then you cook according to the directions on the box. It is important to use parchment to take the brownies out of the pan. You don't need to worry about cutting them into cubes before handing them off to the recipient- they will just cut them up themselves.
kcjodih
Gold Member
When you make brownies to fit into the new trifle bowl do you use one box or two? And do you make it in the bar pan or rectangular baker?

TIA,

I make 2 boxes in the large bar pan on parchment, but the trifle only takes about 2/3 - 3/4 of the pan.....I think that one box would cut it short. But it is workable.

make one regular box in the medium bar pan..fits perfectly in the trifle.
The other day I was to bring an already made trifle to my hosts house as a "gift" (2nd recipe) because she was having 20 people!!!
I was running crazy trying to get 5 kids to all their events after school and all, so I ran out of time to bake brownies...Grabbed 2 / .99 cent boxes of pre-wrapped brownies!.. Unwrapped one box and cut them up in bottom of bowl, sliced up some strawberries, (I had some strawberry glaze) sqeezed that over strawberries, threw in a can of drained pineapple chunks, a layer of cool whip and then repeated!
snapped on the lid and out the door I went!!!
As it sat it got better!
They loved it and I sold 5 bowls! Her show just closed out tonite at 1131.00!
So a wonderful NO BAKE trifle you can do quickly!!! I didn't even make it up in front of them and they were still sold on it!

I've used a big box of brownie mix, and made it in the rect baker. Worked perfect.

Hmm...thanks ladies. Now I'm really confused :) but of course, it doesn't take much :D :rolleyes:

We don't have 'big' boxes of brownie mix here. We only have one size. It calls for a 9x9 or 9x13 pan but I find the 9x13 pan makes them really thin. So now that I do PC I make 2 boxes together in the rectangular baker. Thick, lots of them, and the kids love them.

Guess I'll try 1 or 2 in one of the bar pans. Or maybe I should just make 1 in the rect baker like mentioned instead of my regular two. Hmmm :confused:

If I do use the bar pan do I still cook according to the box and should I use parchment to get it out easy for cutting? Of course at home we cut IN the baker but we never use all of it at once. What kind of mess does it make flipping it out and then cutting cubes? I'm thinking maybe I should make it at home and let it cool, bring it and have her replace it and just 'talk' stoneware? Maybe even cut it into cubes before my demo when I get there? What are all your thoughts?

Also, do you just do the regular brownie recipe or cake-like, or does it really matter?

Thanks so much everyone! :D :D :D

karlene said:
The other day I was to bring an already made trifle to my hosts house as a "gift" (2nd recipe) because she was having 20 people!!!

What did you make as the second recipe? I find asking the host to pick up a couple boxes of mix (at $3.29) plus cool whip, skor bars and a couple pudding is expensive enough so I'd LOVE to know what you made as the first recipe.

kcjodih said:
Hmm...thanks ladies. Now I'm really confused :) but of course, it doesn't take much :D :rolleyes:

We don't have 'big' boxes of brownie mix here. We only have one size. It calls for a 9x9 or 9x13 pan but I find the 9x13 pan makes them really thin. So now that I do PC I make 2 boxes together in the rectangular baker. Thick, lots of them, and the kids love them.

Guess I'll try 1 or 2 in one of the bar pans. Or maybe I should just make 1 in the rect baker like mentioned instead of my regular two. Hmmm :confused:

If I do use the bar pan do I still cook according to the box and should I use parchment to get it out easy for cutting? Of course at home we cut IN the baker but we never use all of it at once. What kind of mess does it make flipping it out and then cutting cubes? I'm thinking maybe I should make it at home and let it cool, bring it and have her replace it and just 'talk' stoneware? Maybe even cut it into cubes before my demo when I get there? What are all your thoughts?

Also, do you just do the regular brownie recipe or cake-like, or does it really matter?

Thanks so much everyone! :D :D :D

Jodi~

If you only have the smaller boxes there, I would do two boxes and make them up in the rect. baker or in the Large bar pan. (If others are here in the states...you can just bake up one of the BIG mixes that is made for a 9x13 pan) I bake them at home, and then have the host "reimburse me" with her brownie mixes...then I have the mix ready for the next party!

If you use the parchment paper, and have it line the pan and go up the sides, then you can use the paper to LIFT THEM RIGHT OUT OF THE PAN and then cut them up. Super easy! Plus, it is showing another one of our products (p. paper) If you don't have OUR paper, just use what you have at home, but then talk about our parch. paper. I love parchment paper! I use it anytime I bake cookies, when I make a cake in the bar pan, to line round cake pans, etc.

HTH!

I made cake-like brownies. Also, I found that it was better to make it the night before, and let it all soak together in the fridge. Then I just talk about how I made it at the show. This is my first recipe, that I bring done. The 2nd one that I demo is aloha pizza (for right now!) I buy all of the ingredients, as my gift... and I get things when they are on sale... pudding, mixes, etc.... and the skor bar, I cheat because I can't find the actual skor bars around here! I buy a bag of Heath bar chopped up (next to chocolate chips, etc) ...and then use the same bag for a bunch of trifles.

Plus, you know you can order our parchment paper on a supply order- I think it's about $4 or so.

I've been making this trifle with a 9 x 13 box of brownie mix (got some on sale for $.99, make it cake-like), chocolate pudding, cool whip (Wal-mart brand for $.82 each) and peanut butter cups. I make it the morning of the show and the brownies are the perfect texture for my show that night. I have gotten rave reviews and it's one less thing I have to prep and clean up at the show.

I use one box of 9X13 brownie mix, but I make the brownies in the mini-muffin pan and cut them in half so they soak up all the mousse. It looks really pretty in the bowl. I also use an extra tub of Cool Whip, so I have an extra layer to increase the volume, since many of our trifle recipes were made with the Chillzanne Bowl in mind. I posted a picture of this on another thread and you can find it in the files under Double Chocolate Mocha Trifle. It is a jpeg file.

Mary

Last edited:
Or make two-bite brownies in the mini-muffin pan and quarter them for the trifle. I did this last Saturday and it worked really well. :)

kcjodih said:
What did you make as the second recipe? I find asking the host to pick up a couple boxes of mix (at $3.29) plus cool whip, skor bars and a couple pudding is expensive enough so I'd LOVE to know what you made as the first recipe.

I say to just make 2 boxes in the rect baker, if that is what you are used to. Or, in the large bar pan. Then, you will know whether you really need 2 for next time!

Also, even on parchment paper....a trick from ChefAnn, to cut something in the bar pan with the pizza cutter....use your large serving spatula as a ramp to cut it! This worked SO well for my aloha pizza at my last party.

jenniferknapp said:
Also, even on parchment paper....a trick from ChefAnn, to cut something in the bar pan with the pizza cutter....use your large serving spatula as a ramp to cut it! This worked SO well for my aloha pizza at my last party.

Oh! So you put the large serving spatula up under the crust and kind of pull the side up and out of the pan so you can cut all of the way to the edge?!?!?!:eek: :eek:

I love the pizza cutter but I never use it with the bar pan cuz it ticks me off that the edges are never cut...then I have to get out a knife anyhow to finish cutting it!:(

I would have never thought of that!! :p Thank you ChefAnn and Jennifer for passing this tip on! I must not have read the post that Ann mentioned that!

I just made the strawberry brownie trifle last night for a show.. I used one box of brownies in the rec. baker and that was enough. Everyone loved the recipe!

KellyTheChef said:
Oh! So you put the large serving spatula up under the crust and kind of pull the side up and out of the pan so you can cut all of the way to the edge?!?!?!:eek: :eek:

I love the pizza cutter but I never use it with the bar pan cuz it ticks me off that the edges are never cut...then I have to get out a knife anyhow to finish cutting it!:(

I would have never thought of that!! :p Thank you ChefAnn and Jennifer for passing this tip on! I must not have read the post that Ann mentioned that!

Exactly!! It works really well! And the guests were impressed by it too;)

What is the best way to layer the brownie trifle?

The best way to layer the brownie trifle is to start with a layer of brownie chunks on the bottom of the trifle bowl, followed by a layer of whipped cream or pudding, and then repeat until you reach the top of the bowl. You can also add in layers of fruit, nuts, or chocolate chips for added texture and flavor.

Can I use any type of brownie mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of brownie mix for this recipe. However, we recommend using a fudgy brownie mix for the best results as it will hold its shape better when layered in the trifle bowl.

How long can I store the brownie trifle in the fridge?

The brownie trifle can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. After that, the brownies may become soggy and lose their texture. It is best to assemble and serve the trifle within 24 hours for optimal freshness.

Can I use a different type of cake instead of brownies?

Yes, you can use any type of cake instead of brownies for this trifle recipe. However, keep in mind that the texture and flavor may be slightly different depending on the type of cake used.

Can I make this trifle ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the brownie trifle ahead of time. However, we recommend assembling it no more than 24 hours before serving to prevent the brownies from becoming soggy. Keep it refrigerated until ready to serve.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • cookn' katie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies