• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making 3 Dishes for a Party: Is it Too Much?

In summary, the host liked the idea of the cake, but did not want to have to buy anything for the party. The guest was not concerned about the cost to the host. The guest thought that doing three things was too much. The guest thought that doing a cake in the microwave would be perfect for the party. The guest suggested a Coconut Pineapple Upside down cake as an alternative. The guest said that the time of day and amount of people also make a huge difference
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
I have a show on Thursday. The host picked out the California Club Pizza, but I really wanted to make something in the DCB..so I asked the host if she would mind if I made a cake as well..she said no..so I am going to do a cake in the DCB in the microwave..but I also love the pineapple wedger..so I like to use that at my shows as well.

Do you think that I am doing too much if I do all 3 things at the party?

I already told her that I would bring the stuff for the cake..so all she will be buying for is the pizza..so cost to her is not a concern..I just want to know what you all think?

Not at all. While one is cooking put the other together and do the pineapple in between or whenever. It's when you do two complicated recipes that both take a lot of time that it's too much. The cake is so simple that it's perfect to pair with another demo.

That is what I was thinking..I just wanted to see if others agreed with me..LOL

I agree, I think it'll be fine. :)

Or you could do a Coconut Pineapple Upside down cake (recipe attached)...yum! A huge hit at shows. and an awesome demo...I turn it out onto the medium bamboo platter...it's a perfect fit!

Attachments

• DCB 3 cakes.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 537
My last few shows have requested the lava cake along with something else. Sometimes I take the ingredents for the cake and other times the host buys them. The only downfall from doing this is I am taking two bakers. Not a huge deal, they are just heavy and I only have one, so I borrow my moms from her. I don't mind....the guest seem to really enjoy the cake and it makes people want the baker.

I think if the host is good with that many recipes, it's not a problem. Usually my hosts know their guests well enough to know how much time to spend on recipes, or if we should keep the show short and sweet. I usually base my recipe selection(s) on what the host has in mind, and I've definitely done three before (main course, dessert and pineapple demo sounds awesome!).

The show I did Saturday was the Quesadilla Cups with Nectarine Salsa, and the Slap Yo' Mama Margaritas. These recipes are so simple, I was wishing I had one more recipe to demo! It really depends on the recipes, and how short or long you want the show to be (with this one, I could have been out the door in about an hour, if the guests were a little quicker deciding what to order).

My next show is a Fajitas & Margaritas show (woohoo, the host has the DCB, so I don't have to bring mine), but I might ask her if she wants to do cake to go with it. Friday night, and in my (small) town, so I don't mind if the show runs long.

I once made the pizza for a show, & threw a 'dump cake' in the DCB- we used yellow cake mix, cherry pie filling & threw in some fresh pineapple- to show the pineapple wedger- it was out of this world!

cookinfletch said:
I once made the pizza for a show, & threw a 'dump cake' in the DCB- we used yellow cake mix, cherry pie filling & threw in some fresh pineapple- to show the pineapple wedger- it was out of this world!

That sounds interesting..I might have to try that sometime.

I have found that the time of day and amount of people also make a huge difference in how many things I demo and what is served. Sounds like you have a good plan!

I have had several shows where they wanted a DCB recipe AND the lava cake. I take this as an opportunity to show how quick and simple the clean up is on the DCB. I make the Fajita's in the DCB, while it is cooking I mix up the cake in the SS bowls. I plate the fajita's on the bamboo and quickly clean up the dcb. People get to see the quick clean up and proof that their cake will not taste like fajita's. Works GREAT and gets the point across on how they can cook dessert while eating dinner and NOT need 2 bakers. :)

Ok reading this thread has made me hungry. :D

I think you will be fine with what you want to do.

pampchefsarah said:
The show I did Saturday was the Quesadilla Cups with Nectarine Salsa, and the Slap Yo' Mama Margaritas. These recipes are so simple, I was wishing I had one more recipe to demo! It really depends on the recipes, and how short or long you want the show to be (with this one, I could have been out the door in about an hour, if the guests were a little quicker deciding what to order).

Slap Yo' Mama Margaritas?!? Please share -- I must have missed that one! :D

Sandi

1. Is it necessary to make 3 dishes for a party?

It depends on the size of the party and your personal preference. Some people may prefer to have a variety of dishes while others may be satisfied with just a few. If you are unsure, you can always ask your guests if they have any dietary restrictions or preferences.

2. How do I choose which dishes to make for a party?

Consider the theme or occasion of the party, the number of guests, and any dietary restrictions. It is also helpful to have a balance of different categories of food, such as appetizers, main dishes, and desserts.

3. How can I make 3 dishes without feeling overwhelmed?

Plan ahead and choose dishes that can be prepared in advance or require minimal hands-on time. You can also enlist the help of friends or family to assist with preparation and cooking.

4. Can I make 3 dishes with different cooking methods?

Absolutely! This adds variety to the menu and allows for different flavors and textures. Just make sure you have the necessary tools and equipment for each cooking method.

5. How do I ensure that all 3 dishes are ready at the same time?

Start by creating a timeline for each dish and plan out when each one needs to be started and finished. Use kitchen timers and set reminders for yourself. It may also be helpful to have someone assist with keeping an eye on the dishes while you work on another one.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mechelle
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • ericadboone
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies