• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Make the Best of Every Situation!" - Lisa's Email to Her Team

a couple of them in different states. I think the one we used recently was at a grocery store. It's free if you take a store gift card.
ChefLisa
An email I shared with my team!Titled, "Make the Best Out of Every Situation!"

Hi all!

I want to share my experience of last night's show with you.

My host decided to have her show at a community center is Dawsonville. Originally we were going to make the BBQ Pork Tenderloin Salad. However, we decided against it because we did not know if the microwave oven would be large enough to hold the Deep Covered Baker. We were told the center had a full kitchen complete with stove top and oven so we decided on the Tangy Pepper Pecan Brie and the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake (I don't normally make two recipes, but I wanted to show off the skillet).

The show was to begin at 6:00 p.m. I arrived at the location at about 5:20 so we could get set up and do all of the prep work. The host was not there when I arrived and when I called her, she told me no one would be there to unlock the building until 6:00. She arrived a few minutes later. So we sat at the picnic tables to wait for everyone to arrive. Most of the guest arrived before 6:00 so we all sat and chatted.

A couple of minutes after 6:00 the person arrived to unlock the doors. The guests helped set up the tables and chairs as I carried in my products and supplies. The kitchen was huge and had a beautiful oven and stove. I was getting quite excited! Then my heart kind of dropped as we learned the gas was not hooked up so we could not use the oven and stove top. Time for a little quick thinking! Luckily I brought my Deep Covered Baker and it fit in the microwave oven. So instead of cooking the Brie in the oven on the Large Round Stone with Handles, I cooked the Brie in the microwave. I was told by a couple of the guest they liked it a little better at the last party, when the Brie was cooked in the oven, but it still tasted good!

In the end, everyone had a great time (including me!!!). I got a definite booking on my calendar for November, a great recruit lead and a show of about $500.00. This show was put together in one week, so I am absolutely thrilled with the results.

Now the reason I am sharing this with you is for everyone to know that sometimes a show will go very smoothly and sometimes it will not. However, if you think things are not going the way you want them to go, put on your best smile, crack some jokes and just have a great time. Your positive reaction to a situation that is not ideal will have a huge impact on your host, guests and your entire business! If they see you taking everything in stride, they are more likely to book with you, join your team and share how great you are with their friends!

Thanks!
Lisa

I tried it for the first time today....easiest $94 I ever made! Yeah it was alot of pennies but well worth it! We had something like 6,200 pennies alone then all the nickles and dimes (a few screws,buttons,tokens, 1 rock, a set of keys, and 1 spark plug :rolleyes:)

Do you have a bank you could go to that does not charge? That is where we always take our change.

I love getting that "free" money!

I didn't know what Coinstar was- so- I googled it. When I saw the picture, I remembered seeing these in the US, but I declared- in my mind- We Don't Have Those. But I noticed that in the small print was a charge listed for the use- 8.9c in the US and 9.8c in Canada, so I decided to map and see where the nearest one was. I figured maybe Toronto. Nope- there are THREE within walking distance of my HOUSE. This is cool! They are all at grocery stores, and I don't have to pay the 9.8c if I take a store gift card. Well DUH- I always need groceries- I have three sons- and one of them is a TEENAGER!! THIS IS SO COOL!! I am so glad you posted this Reba!!

I figured paying the $7 was worth me NOT rolling 6000+ pennies. Yeah the gift card thing is a cool option too! I think different locations offer different card chioces the one I was at I could even re-load my Starbucks card.

now that i think of it...my bank you have to roll the coins..they do not have a coin counter...but my credit union does and they do not charge any money...but heck if you can get a gift card for no charge why not!

I've done this one. I think my total was around $100. But I had been saving for a long time!

Nikkijo said:
now that i think of it...my bank you have to roll the coins..they do not have a coin counter...but my credit union does and they do not charge any money...but heck if you can get a gift card for no charge why not!

really??? I guess I never asked about that, i just always assumed it would need to be rolled.

Attachments

• slide-DeniseHess.doc
    549 KB · Views: 234
  • slide-DeniseHess.doc
    549 KB · Views: 227
reba515 said:
really??? I guess I never asked about that, i just always assumed it would need to be rolled.

i would ask the next time you go in

Depends on the bank. We have Commerce Banks around here that have a machine called, get this.. Penny Arcade and yeah, it's designed for kids to use it but big folks too. It counts your change and gives you a slip you give to the cashier. I believe it's free, which is cool. That bank is only in certain states though.. PA, NJ, CT, NY, FL... not sure where else. There could be other banks too that have the machines and don't charge, might be worth checking into. The coinstar's good though even with the small fee they charge... and it saves a LOT of time counting and wrapping coins.

I've always been able to take my change jars to my local bank and they put it through a coin machine and give me the money. It's great - I usually go once a year and get several hundred dollars from it - I haven't gone in nearly 2 years so I'd be anxious to see what we have laying around the house. It's great right before we go on vacations. My husband goes through a ton of change on a daily basis at work and always brings a bunch home each night.

Coin star is a rip off to me but then again, I don't mind rolling the coin.

Whoever thought it up is a genious though!

We have them but I have never used them bc they cost money to get MY money back. So I dont use it because I dont want to pay money to get my money... BOY, am I cheap!

I've used them a couple of times and I always take the gift card option so I'm not paying them anything... and I choose gift cards for stores I need anyway.

I tried the coinstar thing but didn't like paying for the "Service" charge so I started rolling my own then depositing it into the daugthers acct every 1-2x a year or so. It's not too bad when you do it every so often while you are watching TV and rolling. I have a $90 stash that I need to deposit as soon as it hits $100! :) Gotta love the chhhaange for the chhaaaching!

We have used it once when we had a lot to roll. It was great but I still hated giving them a % of my change.

Carissidy said:
We have them but I have never used them bc they cost money to get MY money back. So I dont use it because I dont want to pay money to get my money... BOY, am I cheap!

I'm right there with ya Angela!

What is "Make the Best of Every Situation!"?

"Make the Best of Every Situation!" is a motivational book written by Lisa, the founder of Pampered Chef. It aims to inspire and empower individuals to overcome challenges and make the most out of every situation.

Who is Lisa and why did she write this book?

Lisa is the founder of Pampered Chef and a successful businesswoman. She wrote this book to share her personal experiences and insights on how to stay positive and make the best out of any situation.

Is this book only for people in the direct sales industry?

No, this book is not only for people in the direct sales industry. The lessons and principles shared in this book can be applied to any aspect of life, whether personal or professional.

Can I purchase this book from Pampered Chef?

No, this book is not available for purchase from Pampered Chef. It can be purchased from major book retailers or online through popular e-book platforms.

Are there any resources or tools provided in the book?

Yes, "Make the Best of Every Situation!" includes practical exercises and tools to help readers apply the lessons in their own lives. It also includes a resource section with recommended readings and additional support materials.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
carlajanes
Replies
Views
GeorgiaPeach
  • rennea
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchefjane