• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Revolutionize Your RV Cooking with a Half-Time Oven - Save Time and Space!

In summary, the half-time oven can bake anything that an ordinary oven can in half the time. It's no bigger than a small microwave. It is a good investment, especially for those shows where you don't have an oven handy.
dexheimers
My wife's parents bought a brand new RV last year and in it was a "half-time" oven. Basically it's a microwave, convection oven and "half time" oven all in one. The half time portion of the machine can bake anything that an ordinary oven can in half the time. All you do is set the temperature (up to 450 degrees) and set it for HALF of the suggested baking time. :eek: It's no bigger than a small microwave.

We have used this thing SO MUCH while camping. It is so great and it really does cook things in half the time. I couldn't find these things commercially until just yesterday when I found some on Ebay. A seller has 18 of them and is selling them for $99.00! A normal microwave costs that much!

I think that it will be a great investment, especially for those shows where you don't have an oven handy. Even if there is an oven, you save half of the time!!!

What does everyone else think??

Have you baked on a stone in it? I'd be curious to see if it yields the same results. If it's the size of a small microwave...will our bigger stones fit in it? I use my lg round, rectangle, and 9x13 at my shows. While it might be great for cooking at home, I'd question using it at a show. If our goal is to make things look simple so others want our job, I think carrying in a small microwave would turn them off.

I'd be interested in one for my house :) , I am always losing track of time and forgetting to put dinner in the oven at a normal time :eek: Being able to make potato wedges (tossed with olive oil and our FABULOUS Southwestern seasoning!) in half the time would be a life saver!!

I don't know about the stone. The principle works the same as an electric stove. A heating element heats the interior while air is used to circulate for even temperature distribution.

It's a good question. We purchased it mainly for home use because it can be SUCH a time saver, but in a pinch we could bring it to locations where no stove or microwave is easily accessible.

PC Stones in a Half-Time OvenMy husband and I bought a camper last year that has a half-time oven instead of a separate microwave and regular oven. I keep the small bar pan in the camper to use in it and it works really well. I think the small round stone, the 6 cup muffin pan, and maybe the deep dish baker will fit in it (I'll have to check some of those for size when I get home to be sure). I'm pretty sure the larger stones wouldn't fit, not at least in the one we have. But I have used it with the small stone and have had great results.

I wouldn't waste my money. As others have said--why make it difficult?

I use the baking time at show to talk about cookware, play games, etc. I just make sure I do the demo quickly at the beginning and then save all the talking for when our food is baking. It works well for me!

Last edited:
DebbieJ said:
I wouldn't waste my money. As others have said--why make it difficult?

I use the baking time at show to talk about cookware, play games, etc. I just make sure I do the demo quickly at the beginning and then save all the talking for when our food is baking. It works well for me!

I agree with Debbie. I like to use the baking time to talk about products I didn't use in the demo. At shows I have used a pre-baked bottom, I seem to feel like I'm rushing to get through everything. I feel like they are all thinking, "If she's done with that, why doesn't she shut up and let us eat it?!" Ha ha....maybe that's just what I would be thinking :D

I have never heard of these things but would really like to look into getting one for personal use! I'm all for saving time in the kitchen....hey, maybe I should sell Pampered Chef!! :D :D Okay, I better go eat....I'm starting to lose it!

Related to Revolutionize Your RV Cooking with a Half-Time Oven - Save Time and Space!

1. What is a Half-Time Oven?

A Half-Time Oven is a specially designed appliance that combines the features of a microwave and a conventional oven in one compact unit. It allows you to cook food in half the time of a traditional oven, making it perfect for RV cooking where space and time are limited.

2. How does the Half-Time Oven save time and space?

The Half-Time Oven uses a combination of microwave and convection cooking to cook food faster than a traditional oven. This means you can prepare meals in half the time, freeing up valuable space and allowing you to cook multiple dishes at once.

3. Can I use regular cookware in the Half-Time Oven?

Yes, the Half-Time Oven is designed to work with most standard cookware. However, we recommend using microwave-safe and oven-safe dishes for best results. Make sure to check the manufacturer's instructions before using any cookware in the Half-Time Oven.

4. Are there any special features on the Half-Time Oven?

Yes, the Half-Time Oven has several convenient features to make RV cooking easier. These include preset cooking options for common dishes, a timer function, and a removable turntable for easy cleaning.

5. Is the Half-Time Oven easy to install in an RV?

Yes, the Half-Time Oven is designed to be compact and lightweight, making it easy to install in most RVs. It can also be mounted under cabinets or on a countertop, depending on the layout of your RV kitchen. We recommend consulting the installation instructions for specific details.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
carlajanes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefetteDuJour
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefetteDuJour