• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mailman-Mailwoman Holiday Gift?

In summary, the conversation revolved around gift ideas for mail carriers and other service providers. Suggestions included giving a whisk filled with Hershey kisses, a SA bowl-mug with hot cocoa and cake mix, homemade goodies, PC trivet, and citrus peeler with oranges and a Christmas story. The conversation also touched on giving to those in need and the idea of giving gifts to neighbors.
heat123
Silver Member
Hi, does anyone give gifts to their mail carriers? Just wondering what a good gift might be, since we have had ours for 1 year and she is fabulous!

Thanks for any suggestions!:)

I'm going to give my mail and ups guys the whisk with hersey kisses in them. They both do a great job and I've never given PC as gifts at all to anyone in the 12 years i've been doing this! So, I figured this is the year! Thinking about doing the same or something similar to my nail and hair ladies too. Just not sure yet what.

Hmm that's an idea, The UPS guy too!

I need gift ideas too......So, you fill the whisk with hershey kisses?

Hmm, how does this sound.... giving our SA bowl-mug to them with a choc. covered spoon and fill it with a hot coco mix or ind coffee bags? (Too bad we no longer carry the sample coffee bags) and also add the 60 sec. cake mix with a tag to it or something?!

I usually give my UPS guy & mailman some homemade goodies; cookies, banana bread & such. I like the idea of the whisk though; I've heard of doing that as a gift. You can attach a note saying "whisking you a merry Christmas", or write it on the back of a biz card.

Cute ideas...I am going to do this as my Thank you's to my December hosts. As we all saw in another post...I'm not to fond of my mail carrier...lol

I agree Darby! I am giving my mailman a holiday kick in the pooper!!

Mine will probably feel it too...lol [see other post]

Ok, I just ordered some gourmet Hot cocoa in tins to put inside of the SA mugs. I hope they like the gift idea!

heat123 said:
Ok, I just ordered some gourmet Hot cocoa in tins to put inside of the SA mugs. I hope they like the gift idea!

I'm going to give some people our Trivet...I think it is sooooo attractive & also you are giving to the hungry as well. :D :cool:

Ginger428 said:
I'm going to give some people our Trivet...I think it is sooooo attractive & also you are giving to the hungry as well. :D :cool:
The trivet is the gift I am giving this year. For those I usually spend a little more on I will add an extra donation to Second Harvest.

BethCooks4U said:
The trivet is the gift I am giving this year. For those I usually spend a little more on I will add an extra donation to Second Harvest.

GREAT minds think alike!!;)

I just got my shipment of 10 Trivets. Everyone is getting them!!!

I never see my UPS guy he comes when I am at work and always leaves the boxes on the door step. ( l live in a rural town). But last year for neighbor gifts I gave the mini whipper with individual packets (depending on how big the family was) of hot chocolate (got a box of 60 at Sams Club) and small candy canes (also at Sams) wrapped them in a celophane bag with tinsel in the bottom and Wrote "We Whisk you a Merry Christmas". My neighbors loved them, in fact I have had one neighbor call me 3 times and order a few of these each time for others because she loves it so much. I think this is the only PC item she owns.

This year I am giving the Citrus Peeler tied to a bag of oranges (one for each member of the family) with a copy of the "Christmas Orange" Story. For the bag I am going to try and find some burlap (if not just Christmas Material) cut it to fit the oranges and then tie it with Jute so it make a gunny type sack.

cookinmama said:
This year I am giving the Citrus Peeler tied to a bag of oranges (one for each member of the family) with a copy of the "Christmas Orange" Story. For the bag I am going to try and find some burlap (if not just Christmas Material) cut it to fit the oranges and then tie it with Jute so it make a gunny type sack.

This sounds right up my alley. Can I get a copy of that story? I may do this for my DD teacher, and coach, and GS leader and buddy.

Here is the story for those that would like it. There are a few versions out there on the internet, but I liked this one the best.

The Christmas Orange

Once there was a little girl who lived in an orphanage in Denmark. As Christmas time grew near, all of the other children began telling the little girl about the beautiful Christmas tree that would appear in the huge downstairs hall on Christmas morning. After their usual, very plain breakfast, each child would be given their one and only Christmas gift; a small, single orange.

Now the headmaster of the orphanage was very stern and he thought Christmas to be a bother. So on Christmas Eve, when he caught the little girl creeping down the stairs to catch a peek at the much-heard-of Christmas tree, he sharply declared that the little girl would not receive her Christmas orange because she had been so curious as to disobey the rules. The little girl ran back to her room broken-hearted and crying at her terrible fate.

The next morning as the other children were going down to breakfast, the little girl stayed in her bed. She couldn't stand the thought of seeing the others receive their gift when there would be none for her.

Later, as the children came back upstairs, the little girl was surprised to be handed a napkin. As she carefully opened it, there to her disbelief was an orange all peeled and sectioned.

“How could this be?" she asked.

It was then that she found how each child had taken one section from their orange and given it to her so that she, too, would have a Christmas orange.

Sharing what we truly value is the true spirit of Christmas. Our Heavenly Father gave us His beloved Son. May we, like the children in the orphanage, find ways to share His love with others less blessed.

That is such a sweet story!

cookinmama said:
Here is the story for those that would like it. There are a few versions out there on the internet, but I liked this one the best.

The Christmas Orange

Once there was a little girl who lived in an orphanage in Denmark. As Christmas time grew near, all of the other children began telling the little girl about the beautiful Christmas tree that would appear in the huge downstairs hall on Christmas morning. After their usual, very plain breakfast, each child would be given their one and only Christmas gift; a small, single orange.

Now the headmaster of the orphanage was very stern and he thought Christmas to be a bother. So on Christmas Eve, when he caught the little girl creeping down the stairs to catch a peek at the much-heard-of Christmas tree, he sharply declared that the little girl would not receive her Christmas orange because she had been so curious as to disobey the rules. The little girl ran back to her room broken-hearted and crying at her terrible fate.

The next morning as the other children were going down to breakfast, the little girl stayed in her bed. She couldn't stand the thought of seeing the others receive their gift when there would be none for her.

Later, as the children came back upstairs, the little girl was surprised to be handed a napkin. As she carefully opened it, there to her disbelief was an orange all peeled and sectioned.

“How could this be?" she asked.

It was then that she found how each child had taken one section from their orange and given it to her so that she, too, would have a Christmas orange.

Sharing what we truly value is the true spirit of Christmas. Our Heavenly Father gave us His beloved Son. May we, like the children in the orphanage, find ways to share His love with others less blessed.

Darling...just darling. Brought tears to my eyes

Related to Mailman-Mailwoman Holiday Gift?

1. Can I send a holiday gift to my mailman/mailwoman?

Yes, you can definitely send a holiday gift to your mailman/mailwoman. It's a great way to show your appreciation for their hard work and dedication throughout the year.

2. What are some good gift ideas for a mailman/mailwoman?

Some popular gift ideas for mailmen/mailwomen include gift cards, homemade treats, personalized items, and practical gifts such as hand warmers or a travel mug.

3. Is it appropriate to give a cash gift to my mailman/mailwoman?

While it's not necessary, it is considered acceptable to give a cash gift to your mailman/mailwoman. However, some may prefer non-monetary gifts.

4. Can I leave a gift in my mailbox for my mailman/mailwoman to pick up?

It's best to give the gift directly to your mailman/mailwoman, as they may not be able to accept gifts left in the mailbox due to postal regulations. You can also leave a note in the mailbox asking them to pick up the gift from your doorstep.

5. Should I give the same gift to my mailman/mailwoman as my postal carrier?

It's not necessary to give the same gift to both your mailman/mailwoman and postal carrier. However, if you would like to show your appreciation to both individuals, you can choose different gifts based on their preferences and personalities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • heat123
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
raebates